or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 2218

post #33256 of 98183
it actually has nothing to do with nazi ideology...the swastika is a very pervasive symbol used throughout history by many cultures. and the skull and cross bones is a pirate symbol, representative of the brand's interpretation of youth fashion and the ability to enjoy fashion freely and without rules (hence the dubbing Contemporary Pirate2) edit: or we could take it as japo-fascist propaganda and boycott ln-cc leaving all the rest of the dries, ann, dd, etc, stock for me to plunder at will
post #33257 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
This thread leads to only one logical conclusion... SW&D Fit contest: WAYWT for Z-day?

LET'S DO THIS
post #33258 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post
it actually has nothing to do with nazi ideology...the swastika is a very pervasive symbol used throughout history by many cultures. and the skull and cross bones is a pirate symbol, representative of the brand's interpretation of youth fashion and the ability to enjoy fashion freely and without rules (hence the dubbing Contemporary Pirate2)

edit: or we could take it as japo-fascist propaganda and boycott ln-cc leaving all the rest of the dries, ann, dd, etc, stock for me to plunder at will

it's not a skull and cross bones, it's the symbol of the ss totenkopf division
post #33259 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post
it actually has nothing to do with nazi ideology...the swastika is a very pervasive symbol used throughout history by many cultures. and the skull and cross bones is a pirate symbol, representative of the brand's interpretation of youth fashion and the ability to enjoy fashion freely and without rules (hence the dubbing Contemporary Pirate2)

edit: or we could take it as japo-fascist propaganda and boycott ln-cc leaving all the rest of the dries, ann, dd, etc, stock for me to plunder at will

If it was just one or the other, might be cool, but the skull , swastika, and 88 jersey together is pretty bad vibes
post #33260 of 98183
Quick PSA for those of you that don't know: 8 stands for H (the eighth letter of the alphabet) so 88 Stands for HH which stands for Heil Hitler apparently. Like, i'm not even joking.
post #33261 of 98183
Edit: oh.
post #33262 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahanshah View Post
it actually has nothing to do with nazi ideology...the swastika is a very pervasive symbol used throughout history by many cultures. and the skull and cross bones is a pirate symbol, representative of the brand's interpretation of youth fashion and the ability to enjoy fashion freely and without rules (hence the dubbing Contemporary Pirate2)

edit: or we could take it as japo-fascist propaganda and boycott ln-cc leaving all the rest of the dries, ann, dd, etc, stock for me to plunder at will

Its the swastikas combined with the skull and cross-bones, as well as the 88 jersey (88= HH= Hiel Hitler) A little too much to be 'innocent', imo, but who knows? Either way, I can see why people might be offended.
post #33263 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
Quick PSA for those of you that don't know: 8 stands for H (the eighth letter of the alphabet) so 88 Stands for HH which stands for Heil Hitler apparently. Like, i'm not even joking.

Exactly. You beat me to it.
post #33264 of 98183
double post
post #33265 of 98183
its not a skull and crossbones (a jolley roger). its the fucking badge of an SS divsion.
post #33266 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
it's not a skull and cross bones, it's the symbol of the ss totenkopf division


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


i thought it was this but i guess zooming in it does look like SS ... and it light of 88 = HH ...
wasn't gonna kop anyway the stuff is too wack


post #33267 of 98183
Yeah, both the swastika and the totenkopf predate the nazi regime so they might have been able to get away with it but the 88 kinda seals the deal.
post #33268 of 98183
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post
Yeah, both the swastika and the totenkopf predate the nazi regime so they might have been able to get away with it but the 88 kinda seals the deal.

i thought it was 1988 son

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #33269 of 98183
dude that's pretty awesome. might have to kop now. i love subliminal details. and german youth movements. you know if raf was doing it you would be all over it too.
post #33270 of 98183
Weren't they selling Totenkopf stuff at wal mart a few years back? Also '88' is on every fourth piece of chinese clothing anyway. And every fifth bar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts