or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 193  

post #2881 of 109053
I want to stop teaching
post #2882 of 109053
Why? I want to stop too, but I can't because my Japanese just isn't 1st rate yet so there aren't many job opportunities for someone like me.
post #2883 of 109053
Even when your Japanese is first rate, it's not going to help a whole lot because the company will likely just hire another Japanese person with decent English.

I'm mostly fed up because I'm on year two of getting the leftovers of the teaching jobs. First year teaching at a hagwon (meaning little kids for 10 hours a day and no break), this year has been with an industry high school, meaning all of my teaching is worthless because no one knows any English to begin with and I'm forced to teach high level English to them.

Maybe next year if I get something like a foreign language high school I'll like teaching again. It doesn't help make me feel better that I know next to no Korean but I speak Japanese fairly well. Wrong country
post #2884 of 109053
That sucks aeglus, you've looked pretty happy in your fits lately, I thought you were loving it over there.
post #2885 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Even when your Japanese is first rate, it's not going to help a whole lot because the company will likely just hire another Japanese person with decent English.

That's not true at all. I wouldn't be competing with Japanese people, I'd be competing with other foreigners, who may be less qualified, have lower Japanese, weaker portfolios, etc.
post #2886 of 109053
aeglus, camp worknplay and just hit up everything you see that you like the sound of. Lots of jobs out there still, I saw a good one for a wine bar manager with little in the way requirements besides the ability to speak English. If you're unhappy teaching now, sad to say, chances are you will be unhappy teaching later, so make moves when you can make moves. Both you and Brian know it's a hustle out here, you have seen lots of people in good jobs they shouldn't be in, reality is not a priority in these parts so long as you step up and act the part really. You guys have the clothes part of the equation down, just badger people about jobs.
post #2887 of 109053
i work at a toy company so as long as i'm actually wearing clothes i'm a-ok
post #2888 of 109053
Basically the problem is that I need a visa to stay in Korea and don't really know what to do to get one other than teaching. Then I'm stuck in a contract for a year. Japan is a lot easier, you can pick a job then go tell them to fuck off and do what you want once you get the visa.
post #2889 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
I guess even the most extravagant of people can be the most narrow minded.

Yes, because thinking a shitty-styled editorial that is ignorant to the point of mocking the working class sucks makes me narrow minded.
post #2890 of 109053
Is there such a thing as basics for women, or do they just buy entire outfits?
post #2891 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagthesam View Post
Is there such a thing as basics for women, or do they just buy entire outfits?

really
post #2892 of 109053
Uncontrol, is that white or Japanese woman in your avatar?
post #2893 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
Uncontrol, is that white or Japanese woman in your avatar?

it's dita von teese
post #2894 of 109053
Thread Starter 
i thought it was a self portrait.
post #2895 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
i thought it was a self portrait.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts