or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 1428

post #21406 of 99000
Six months after joining and hungover on a Saturday morning, I've finally finished reading through this entire thread. I can't tell whether this has been incredibly enlightening or if I should just want the however many hours I spent reading this of my life back.

My RFTs:

- It took my a while to figure out why so many people had pictures of attractive women in their profiles. Eventually I figured out that it's because they're nice to look at. My profile picture is of me, though, so people can recognize me if they meet me outside of the Internet.

- Initialism/acronyms are ubiquitous here, and they're hella confusing.

- As are diffusion lines. I was a couple hundred pages in before I figured out that DRKSHDW = Rick Owens.

- Shit-fights over nothing and "designer so-and-so was better before season such-and-such" posts get old quick.

- Fashion industry droplets of wisdom from Impolyte are pretty fantastic.

- naaaaate (wrong number of a's, I'm sure) is the best poster ever.

- I still don't "get" drop-crotches, dickflaps, and drapey (like, femme-level drapey) stuff (the three d's of gothninja?)

- Ditto white trainers. They mostly make me think of old people, American tourists, and the women you see in DC walking/taking the Metro to work who wear them while commuting and keep their work shoes in their oversized bags to change into once they get there.

- Ditto huge tongues on trainers, and the moc toe/massive crepe sole combo on boots. Most of my footwear preferences probably spring from the fact that I have kind of large feet and that I think anything that makes my feet look bigger is horrible.

- I can understand the hate on graphic t-shirts of the Ed Hardy/Affliction variety, but if I don't wear concert t-shirts with indie rock bands' names on them, how are hipster girls supposed to know that they want to have sex with me?

</incoherent internet mumbling>

Also, Freshness Burger > In n Out, 5 Guys, &c. (double SF win: 1. saying that something people have already said they like is trumped by something more obscure and 2. casually bringing up that I've been to Tokyo).
post #21407 of 99000
Edit: meant to quote Synthese's post above... ^^^ I've got the SS10 grey moto-- the same one Snake wore in a recent WAYWT-- in a size 3 and it fits like a slim 50. So, considering that Julius goes up to size 4, I'd say that they're covering much more of the size spectrum now than they did in earlier seasons (i.e. since their recent sizing is a bit more generous, likely in response to their expansion to Western markets). But their sizing also varies among jacket models within any given collection, so keep that in mind...
post #21408 of 99000
I was half-joking, but actually, thanks for the info! edit: oh and RFT for the day: I am so fucking sick of seeing cigarettes as fashion accessories, in shoots or on the street.
post #21409 of 99000
love freshness for a chain store burger but tokyo has so many amazing burger places it's not even funny
post #21410 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post
I was half-joking, but actually, thanks for the info! edit: oh and RFT for the day: I am so fucking sick of seeing cigarettes as fashion accessories, in shoots or on the street.
It's quite sad that 95% of the attractive women I've seen on this trip have had cigarettes in hand and the other 5% had Starbucks
post #21411 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post
I was half-joking, but actually, thanks for the info! edit: oh and RFT for the day: I am so fucking sick of seeing cigarettes as fashion accessories, in shoots or on the street.
it is quite amusing how it has become a fashion accessory isn't it i wanna see a hot chick with a cigar in hand, wifey material
post #21412 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
It's quite sad that 95% of the attractive women I've seen on this trip have had cigarettes in hand and the other 5% had Starbucks

are you still in NYC? heard it's been ungodly hot
post #21413 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
it is quite amusing how it has become a fashion accessory isn't it

i wanna see a hot chick with a cigar in hand, wifey material

sup Freud?
post #21414 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riio View Post
are you still in NYC? heard it's been ungodly hot
I've only been here a couple of days. Was absurdly hot the first day (96 or so, iirc), yesterday was still in the 90s regardless of everyone saying this fucking hurricane would cool things down and it was humid as hell too, today's not too bad (though I'm in an air conditioned house lol)
post #21415 of 99000
FUCK

One 4" rip near the inseam, then that mashed up, dangling piece of fabric, then another rip. I know what I'm sewing tonight.
post #21416 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ostcount=30875
that and the next couple of posts, holy fuck

fapping
post #21417 of 99000
None of those things even give me a semi.
post #21418 of 99000
all amazing stuff
post #21419 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by asobu View Post
love freshness for a chain store burger

but tokyo has so many amazing burger places it's not even funny

I was even impressed by their beer. Most places just have Asahi or something flavorless and awful like that.
post #21420 of 99000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
Dick's Drive-In in seattle is vastly superior in all respects to Five Guys. And they have the most amazing milkshakes which is essentially the coups-de-grace.
dick's is overrated, the meat is all mealy and gross and their fries are soggy. shakes are ok, but nothing really special Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor ftw
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts