or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 1389  

post #20821 of 109053
Yes, and I will blind the haters into submission. Seriously though Edit : Yes Kelv, I blame Dries as my gateway designer
post #20822 of 109053
^ I would gladly wear any one of these, good shit
post #20823 of 109053
I'm glad Missoni is finally getting its due around here. IIRC, fuji was the only other poster giving them props. I like a lot of the prints and the cashmere is oh so soft
post #20824 of 109053
Most people here go for crazy textures/knitting in their sweaters (SNS Herning) but I look for patterns and colors, some of those are awesome.
post #20825 of 109053
I'm not sure I'd wear any of them but a few of them are intriguing. The middle one with the gloves is pretty good.
post #20826 of 109053
I love the last one. Those are nice sipang.
post #20827 of 109053
YES ! Mission accomplished. That and the Givenchy mask love, SF on to new frontiers.
post #20828 of 109053
Foiled yet again by really stupid ebay sellers implementing restrictions that prevent non-us bidders from bidding. Moron just gave out an accidental 30% discount on what my bid would've been.
post #20829 of 109053
It might be more hassle than it's worth, but I wouldn't mind "proxying" for you in those situations.
post #20830 of 109053
Thank you for the offer, but I actually just have to change my default shipping address in order to get around it. The problem is that I snipe auctions, so I never know the restriction is there until there's 5 seconds left and then it's too late. It doesn't happen that often, less than 5% of auctions I bid on, but it's really annoying and almost always the auction ends at least 30 bucks lower than I was trying to pay.
post #20831 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
I'm glad Missoni is finally getting its due around here. IIRC, fuji was the only other poster giving them props. I like a lot of the prints and the cashmere is oh so soft

kit, any knowledge of the fit...they seem a tag long and boxy
post #20832 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_May View Post
Thank you for the offer, but I actually just have to change my default shipping address in order to get around it. The problem is that I snipe auctions, so I never know the restriction is there until there's 5 seconds left and then it's too late. It doesn't happen that often, less than 5% of auctions I bid on, but it's really annoying and almost always the auction ends at least 30 bucks lower than I was trying to pay.

I missed so much good stuff like that, 15s left I'm ready to place my bid, waiting a couple of more seconds, finally pressing enter my heart pounding with excitement and then...that fucking restriction message and the item won for half of what you were ready to pay. The worse is when you've contacted the seller beforehand about the shipping but they forgot to lift the restrictions
post #20833 of 109053
Why do people like blackwatch?
post #20834 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
Pretty much this. This is what happens when you stop having fun with style and start worrying about how much "investment" you can get out of each piece in terms of versatility. By the way, you may think you're timeless wearing incredibly safe, basic pieces all the time, but it actually just makes you look incredibly dated. But never mind, a bunch of socially awkward misogynists on a message board will insist you look timeless.
+1. Clothing is never an investment, it's only a mechanism for temporarily covering your body and conveying group identity and/or meaning. Clothing is a very powerful tool. When worn well most people see the meaning provided by the clothing and the wearer as one in the same. Most people follow fashion trends because they desire to be seen as being in-tune with the current attitude of our times. If you're young, good looking, and choose to eschew fashion trends then you may not look overly dated since youth is on your side. If you think about it, it's more difficult to view a young person as "dated" no matter how they dress. But as you grow older the odds of you looking dated, boring, and irrelevant when wearing only "classics" increases exponentially. If both your body and clothing emit signals from the past, how could we view you any differently? So how will Uncontrol look 20 years from now? Any guesses?
post #20835 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post
+1. Clothing is never an investment, it's only a mechanism for temporarily covering your body and conveying group identity and/or meaning. Clothing is a very powerful tool. When worn well most people see the meaning provided by the clothing and the wearer as one in the same.

Most people follow fashion trends because they desire to be seen as being in-tune with the current attitude of our times. If you're young, good looking, and choose to eschew fashion trends then you may not look overly dated since youth is on your side. If you think about it, it's more difficult to view a young person as "dated" no matter how they dress.

But as you grow older the odds of you looking dated, boring, and irrelevant when wearing only "classics" increases exponentially. If both your body and clothing emit signals from the past, how could we view you any differently?
True, which is why one can accentuate one's look by adding trendy pieces to one's outfit without being a fashion victim. Clothing is definitely a powerful tool but also a pertsonal tool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts