or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 7230  

post #108436 of 109053
Wow, this really makes me realize just how elevated the level of knowledge and passion here is versus 5 years ago.
post #108437 of 109053

we were just wandering around Santa Monica. I actually did have flip flops, but they were extremely uncomfortable so I took them off and left them in the car. is that really a big deal? lol

 

I like simplicity, and I like my clothes to match nicely. I think the colors go well...I just want to know why so many people are against the hoodie and shorts combo, I've heard it a lot for some reason. 

post #108438 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post
 

 

Put simply, you look like the average guy who doesn't really care or think much about what he wears.

Regarding if it blends well or if you pull it off well, the answer is probably that you can't really even use terms like that for such non-descript pieces.

 

If you want to improve greatly with minimal effort and budget, just go to Uniqlo and get 2 pairs of jeans (skinny tapered model) in black and blue, a couple plain white t-shirts, a few oxfords (white, grey, blue) and lastly maybe two sweaters and a zipped hoodie. 

 

(You will still look pretty average as far as outfits go but atleast it will look good)

this is me wandering around a town near the beach. I don't need an oxford shirt or pants lol. I wear those in the appropriate times...this is casual! meaning shorts and flip flops. 

post #108439 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano28 View Post
 

we were just wandering around Santa Monica. I actually did have flip flops, but they were extremely uncomfortable so I took them off and left them in the car. is that really a big deal? lol

 

I like simplicity, and I like my clothes to match nicely. I think the colors go well...I just want to know why so many people are against the hoodie and shorts combo, I've heard it a lot for some reason. 

 

Simplicity =/= "laziness"(as in looking like you do not give a single thought about your outfit)

What I suggested you buy and wear is "simplicity" (simple but nice pieces that easily work together).

What you're wearing is "lazy". Colors may be alright together but it's hardly groundbreaking that grey works with black. Disregarding that however your hoodie really is whatever and your shorts are plain ugly.

 
Like I said, you look like the average dude who doesn't care about what he wears, since it looks bad.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano28 View Post
 

this is me wandering around a town near the beach. I don't need an oxford shirt or pants lol. I wear those in the appropriate times...this is casual! meaning shorts and flip flops. 

 

Maybe you've simply come to the wrong place, but the majority here dress "casual" and there isn't anyone here who wear flip flops or shorts that look like that. 

 

So, either you can listen to the people in your life who tell you it doesn't look good + members on a forum literally dedicated to style/fashion/whatever and try to improve, or well, not do that.


Edited by kindofyoung - 4/28/15 at 7:56pm
post #108440 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post
 

 

Simplicity =/= laziness.

What I suggested you buy and wear is simplicity. What you're wearing is lazy. Colors may be alright together but it's hardly groundbreaking that grey works with black. Disregarding that however your hoodie really is whatever and your shorts are plain ugly.

 

Like I said, you look like the average dude who doesn't care about what he wears, because what you wear is not good.

lol

 

and wearing oxford shirts and jeans and white t shirts is groundbreaking? why is that less lazy than what I'm wearing? I don't even know what 'laziness' means in this context.

 

I guess this topic is far too subjective to debate anyway. 

post #108441 of 109053
The point is, this is a style forum, for people who are interested in fashion and style. Your picture is off topic, it's not something the group can learn from, comment on, whatever. If you're interested in the topic - style/fashion - and want to contribute, that particular entry isn't helpful.
post #108442 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post
 

 

Simplicity =/= laziness.

What I suggested you buy and wear is simplicity. What you're wearing is lazy. Colors may be alright together but it's hardly groundbreaking that grey works with black. Disregarding that however your hoodie really is whatever and your shorts are plain ugly.

 
Like I said, you look like the average dude who doesn't care about what he wears, because what you wear is not good.

 

 

Maybe you've simply come to the wrong place, but the majority here dress "casual" and there isn't anyone here who wear flip flops or shorts that look like that. 

 

So, either you can listen to the people in your life who tell you it doesn't look good + members on a forum literally dedicated to style/fashion/whatever and try to improve, or well, not do that.

 

lol, maybe I have come to the wrong place then. cargo shorts are pretty standard around here, and so are flip flops. 

post #108443 of 109053
What kind of responses did you expect? Is bumming around on the beach in cargos and a hoody fine? Yeah, of course. Is it "fashionable"? No, not really
post #108444 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

All I ever see is "slim fit", every time I look for some bleached denim Margiela comes up repeatedly but I know to stay away from slim fit. Oh well, thanks.

I have a 30 inch waist and had to size up to a 50 to have room in the thighs
post #108445 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

You hate the sun? Jesus man, let me invite you to St. Barts to lay in the shade at Eden rock with some tacky drink
I hate the intense sun.  I like diffuse sun.  

I'll invite you to the western fjords of Norway.  We'll take a boat all the way up north of the arctic circle, go hiking in the mountains, and when we're completely exhausted, drink good vodka and eat a freshly caught cod cooked with butter and shallots with dark rye bread with plenty of butter.

Norway and arctic circle...sounds tempting

So the SF beach meetup is a bunch of pasty leg dudes and me trying to drag LA Guy over to the surf until he does some BJJ/TKD on me. Got it
post #108446 of 109053
i see potential in soprano. he looks like a young SoCal.
post #108447 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soprano28 View Post
 

lol

 

and wearing oxford shirts and jeans and white t shirts is groundbreaking? why is that less lazy than what I'm wearing? I don't even know what 'laziness' means in this context.

 

I guess this topic is far too subjective to debate anyway. 

"Hey guys I want your thoughts on this but only as long as it validates the opinions I already hold, thanks!"

post #108448 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

What kind of responses did you expect? Is bumming around on the beach in cargos and a hoody fine? Yeah, of course. Is it "fashionable"? No, not really

 

ok better question. I need a light jacket (for southern california type weather), and I can't decide if I should get this one...

 

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/alfani-red-slim-fit-lightweight-4-pocket-jacket?ID=935715&CategoryID=3763&LinkType=#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D362%26ruleId%3D%26slotId%3D2

 

 

I asked in the other thread but only 2 people replied...I'm very indecisive. is this 'fashionable' ? it looks like it'll go with anything. 

post #108449 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschup View Post
 

"Hey guys I want your thoughts on this but only as long as it validates the opinions I already hold, thanks!"

you guys are haters :( !!!!!!!! 

 

I'm going to revolutionize fashion...pretty soon you'll see people going to nightclubs in shorts and hoodies and flip flops. just like how Kanye popularized the LEATHER JOGGING PANTS!!!

post #108450 of 109053
You guys getting trolled...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts