or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 7219  

post #108271 of 109053
^that's a good list.
post #108272 of 109053
nyt with a picture of Mariela I hadn't seen before, supposedly 1992



http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/04/22/hyeres-fashion-photography-festival-thirty-years/?module=BlogPost-Title&version=Blog%20Main&contentCollection=Happenings&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body
post #108273 of 109053
Is there a relatively recent Chicago (the city) thread? GF and I were there last spring, and are going again next month, and I was wondering if there is anything we should do. We're going Wednesday and coming back Saturday afternoon (3 nights), so we have Longman & Eagle, Eataly, and pizza on the list for lunch, and Gibson's, Intro, and dinner/food in Wrigleyville after a Cubs game for dinner. Anything we shouldn't miss in late May?

Also, any good whiskey bars and/or cocktail bars? And anywhere to smoke a cigar in the city? We're staying at the Raffaelo if that matters (so Drumbar is on the list at some point), but a good bourbon bar or cocktail/cigar bar rec in the city (and preferably not too far away) would be great.

Thanks!
post #108274 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

Is there a relatively recent Chicago (the city) thread? GF and I were there last spring, and are going again next month, and I was wondering if there is anything we should do. We're going Wednesday and coming back Saturday afternoon (3 nights), so we have Longman & Eagle, Eataly, and pizza on the list for lunch, and Gibson's, Intro, and dinner/food in Wrigleyville after a Cubs game for dinner. Anything we shouldn't miss in late May?

Also, any good whiskey bars and/or cocktail bars? And anywhere to smoke a cigar in the city? We're staying at the Raffaelo if that matters (so Drumbar is on the list at some point), but a good bourbon bar or cocktail/cigar bar rec in the city (and preferably not too far away) would be great.

Thanks!

Just a few restaurant suggestions off the top of my head: Tango Sur (Argentine steakhouse), Crisp (Korean), Athenian Room (Mediterranean), DMK Burger Bar, Fish Bar, Kuma's Corner

Places to grab a drink: The Barrelhouse Flat - and if you're into really Dive-y bars go next door to Rose's Lounge, The Bedford.

Enjoy your time there, I love that city!
post #108275 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

Is there a relatively recent Chicago (the city) thread? GF and I were there last spring, and are going again next month, and I was wondering if there is anything we should do. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We're going Wednesday and coming back Saturday afternoon (3 nights), so we have Longman & Eagle, Eataly, and pizza on the list for lunch, and Gibson's, Intro, and dinner/food in Wrigleyville after a Cubs game for dinner. Anything we shouldn't miss in late May?

Also, any good whiskey bars and/or cocktail bars? And anywhere to smoke a cigar in the city? We're staying at the Raffaelo if that matters (so Drumbar is on the list at some point), but a good bourbon bar or cocktail/cigar bar rec in the city (and preferably not too far away) would be great.

If you like jazz, The Green Mill is a great bar/ music venue.
post #108276 of 109053
The whistler or scofflaw for cocktails
post #108277 of 109053
Also, after the Cubs game you're probably going to want to get the fuck out of wrigleyville and go elsewhere for food
post #108278 of 109053

Eataly is a good call. Shake Shack's across the street if you're into that sort of thing

post #108279 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg0suazn View Post

since I got the camera out for a waywt, thought I'd take a fit with a recently received Grana tee.


Size up 1, so same as you'd take in AA. (I'm wearing medium, also wear medium in AA, small in uniqlo.)

These look good...

I sent them my measurements and they suggested I go with medium...i expected large or XL, as i am 185 pounds and wear large in uniqlo....

I think if I follow their suggestion I may be wearing a skin-tight tshirt. Would not post fit pic of that here.

hmm
post #108280 of 109053

yea that sounds ridiculous, XL is probably right. they have measurements for their shirts though, and I think those are pretty accurate

post #108281 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

Is there a relatively recent Chicago (the city) thread? GF and I were there last spring, and are going again next month, and I was wondering if there is anything we should do. We're going Wednesday and coming back Saturday afternoon (3 nights), so we have Longman & Eagle, Eataly, and pizza on the list for lunch, and Gibson's, Intro, and dinner/food in Wrigleyville after a Cubs game for dinner. Anything we shouldn't miss in late May?

Also, any good whiskey bars and/or cocktail bars? And anywhere to smoke a cigar in the city? We're staying at the Raffaelo if that matters (so Drumbar is on the list at some point), but a good bourbon bar or cocktail/cigar bar rec in the city (and preferably not too far away) would be great.

Thanks!

L&E is good call, whiskey and dinner in one stone. 

Whiskey: Duke of Perth, (from hearsay) Delilah's, Untitled, Berkshire Room

Cocktails: Aviary (worth it imo), Violet Hour, Barrelhouse Flat

My favorite casual restaurant is actually Purple Pig (get there when they open or at an off hour, wait can be killer). Au Cheval for best cheeseburger. 

Improv Shakespeare is always fun if you're looking for something to do.

 

Might be able to give further recs if you have specifics in mind. 

post #108282 of 109053
My girlfriend is interested in baking/bakeries/stuff like that so any bakeries that are worth checking out would be great.

Also, I'm a big cigar smoker, so anywhere that I can have a drink and smoke a cigar would be huge for me, especially if the weather is nice at night (we're going to be there during the last week of May)

Thanks again for everyone's help!
post #108283 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

These look good...

I sent them my measurements and they suggested I go with medium...i expected large or XL, as i am 185 pounds and wear large in uniqlo....

I think if I follow their suggestion I may be wearing a skin-tight tshirt. Would not post fit pic of that here.

hmm

About your size (170lbs) and ordered a large. Think I posted a pic a while back.
post #108284 of 109053

Iwan Ries for a cigar lounge in the city. No bar, though, patrons bring their own

post #108285 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

My girlfriend is interested in baking/bakeries/stuff like that so any bakeries that are worth checking out would be great.

Bunny, a new micro bakery from the chef of Michelin-starred Elizabeth, opens the week before.

Also, the Belgian bakery Hendrickx is near your hotel and worth a visit.
Edited by tahsueh - 4/23/15 at 9:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts