or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 7116  

post #106726 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


Montblanc introduced one at SIHH earlier this year. ($418 for the e-watch strap).

 

 

It'll need a few years work! Good start though. I need a strap that isn't going to dwarf my 35mm watch.

post #106727 of 109053

plus, I believe they are trying to infiltrate the market for runners.  right now, runners don't have much to choose from...they have garmin watches that they use, which none of them really like and they range from $100-$200 to up to $500 each.  

 

the watches are going to be aimed at that market for now.  

 

I remember I lived and died by my garmin GPS in my car, but never bought another one after my iphone 3GS finally became fast enough to use as a GPS while on the road.  

post #106728 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
 

The people paying for that watch are not looking for a good value. And people justifying expensive watches as potential heirlooms are, IMO, nearly as delusional.

 

Yeah, I suppose I understand it's for rich folks with disposable income who will have no problem putting it away in a drawer when the next new thing comes along. Still don't understand the point in having a "lux" version.

 

As far as expensive watches as heirlooms I don't see how that is delusional. My brother has a patek phillipe that my grandpa left him. My friend has a 14k gold daytona that his grampa gave him for his 21st (that he bought for himself on his 50th). I know at least 3 other people that have been given watches worth at least 5k, probably closer to 10k, from their dads or grandparents. I don't see what you're getting at? That spending a large amount of money on a watch is stupid no matter what the intension is?

post #106729 of 109053
Well... certain rare watches do appreciate and many at least hold value. You need to do your homework though.
post #106730 of 109053
watches hold their value much better than consumer electronics
post #106731 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

The people paying for that watch are not looking for a good value. And people justifying expensive watches as potential heirlooms are, IMO, nearly as delusional.

Oh wait, just re-read your post and now I get what you mean. NM.
post #106732 of 109053
There are only a few watch brands who make watches that will either hold their value, or - gasp - appreciate over time.
post #106733 of 109053
the gold apple watch is for people who can't really discern the difference between spending $1k or $20k on something. not worth discussing unless you're at that level. arguing over its rationality is pointless
post #106734 of 109053
post #106735 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

There are only a few watch brands who make watches that will either hold their value, or - gasp - appreciate over time.

some people collect and resell the right watches for a solid profit, the 10k apple watch won't be one of those watches.
post #106736 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

the gold apple watch is for people who can't really discern the difference between spending $1k or $20k on something. not worth discussing unless you're at that level. arguing over its rationality is pointless

 

And I understand that, I guess I am just unaware of there being enough of those people to warrant making the gold version of the apple watch. I would love to see sales numbers of that style a year from now just for my own curiosity.

post #106737 of 109053
High end Apple watches will attract the same customers as Nokia's Vertu. That is, people with more money than sense.

I have a friend who had a Vertu, I think he spent around $15,000 on it. Candybar shape, heavy like a brick, non-smart, non-touch tiny screen, all you could do on it was make calls, text and play snake. And this was around the time of the iphone 4s.
post #106738 of 109053
Gold Apple Watches will be sold predominantly to Russians, Arabs, and valley investors.
post #106739 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

High end Apple watches will attract the same customers as Nokia's Vertu. That is, people with more money than sense.

I have a friend who had a Vertu, I think he spent around $15,000 on it. Candybar shape, heavy like a brick, non-smart, non-touch tiny screen, all you could do on it was make calls, text and play snake. And this was around the time of the iphone 4s.

 

 

Don't they have a concierge service and stuff like that as added benefits as well?

 

It's not just an Android phone in a shiny case.

post #106740 of 109053
Yes, they have and you get a bunch of other stuff as well and it's still cheaper than an watch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts