Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 7113post #106681 of 1090533/9/15 at 11:49ampost #106682 of 1090533/9/15 at 11:57am
They're basically copying everything under the sun and bringing the production inhouse using their own label to create higher profit margins for themselves. It's a good business move, but only if you have the customer base that will buy into it, which it doesn't appear to be any problem with the amount groupthink they got going in there.
First it was the GATs
Then it was the CPs
Then they started doing EG stuff.
All pretty safe stuff, but when they came out with the noragi, i lol'd. I think they also have an artifact cord piece too, not sure, unsubscribed a while ago
Now I think they're doing goodyear welted boots. Makes sense tho, margins must be much better than selling redwings or whatever.post #106683 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:03pmpost #106684 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:04pmpost #106685 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:14pmpost #106686 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:22pmpost #106687 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:23pm
It's voting time over in the Viberg proposal thread. With your help, we can totally get the Echo boot made. You're probably not going to see a boot like this from Viberg again any time soon, so this is the one chance. Don't live with regrets. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as uncle and nephew.
Vote with your $$ - 20 dollars (refundable if the boot doesn't make it) gets you a vote, and secures you in the annals of history.
There are a bunch of other good options. But none trump the Echo boot, which, in addition to being a looker, can easily make point five past light speed, and will keep your feet comfy on the Kessel run (and can, in a pinch, be used as a forceful mynock removal tool).
(thanks again to @kindofyoung for the mock-up)post #106688 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:32pmpost #106689 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:41pmpost #106690 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
I like this look. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yeah, I feel like if you can get past the fact that it's a watered-down insult to our shared traditional agrarian heritage which were you caught wearing it in public would result in the immediate severing of your topknot / struggle-bun, bringing great shame upon your family and household, it's not necessarily a bad-looking or difficult-to-pull-off piece.
I say fuggit, if someone wants to make MMM GATs and CP Achilles out of nicer materials and sell them at a lower price, I'm not gonna argue.
Now lobbying to get GN's status customized to "sous vide bro".post #106691 of 1090533/9/15 at 12:51pmpost #106692 of 1090533/9/15 at 1:04pmpost #106693 of 1090533/9/15 at 1:07pmQuote:
Pretty much my take on it. The sole on the first run of GATs was teh fuggs, but supposedly they're changing it for the second iteration.
When my CP Achilles inevitably die, I'll probably just try to find a pair of monochrome white Stan Smiths because they're all basically referencing the same thing.post #106694 of 1090533/9/15 at 1:25pm
The epaulet noragi is getting a lot more flak than it deserves. I'll grant that the shirt sleeves are sub optimal, but it looks good with the sleeves rolled. Also I'm a fan of the pockets, they're good for shoving your hands in if you wear it open all the time like I do. The pics on Epaulet's site do a really poor job of styling the thing. The fit B!CD posted is much better.post #106695 of 1090533/9/15 at 2:33pmI look fuckin good in my vis lhamo. Like a godamned Japanese indigo artisan. Like all the white folk see me wearin that shit and they're like "whoa, this guy must be my hibachi waiter. 1 swordfish steak with some fried rice please" and menswear dudes be like "I bet this guy has vats of fermenting indigo all up in his home" and white girls see it on my OK Cupid profile and be like "I didn't know I had yellow fever"
BOOM WHAT'S THAT ARE YOU SERIOUS ARE THOSE BUTTONED SLEEVES?
yeah dudes guess what when I'm all ready rockin and rollin di' go, I just fold up and roll up my sleeves easily and I'm ready to get dirty to plant some japanese eggplant seeds.
"But how do you close it? Are those tassles?"
Yeah baby I can tie them if I want but I do somethin' called ESPREZZO and tie a knot in only one tassle and leave them hangin', that technique is called "drape," darlin'. Sometimes the drape gets in the way when I'm makin my pasta and the tassles kinda go into the boiling water, but that's ok because I like my noragi hybrids EL DANTE
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 second ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 11 minutes ago
- › Cordings of piccadilly 23 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 31 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...