Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 7109post #106621 of 1090533/7/15 at 4:27pmpost #106622 of 1090533/7/15 at 4:36pmQuote:JustFab article:
The company is tracking to do $400 million in 2014 revenue and more than $500 million in 2015 revenue, Mr. Goldenberg said. Of that amount, roughly 90% comes from the site’s subscribers.
BoF on Farfetch:
According to market reports, the company, which has yet to cross over into profitability, is estimated to drive about $350 million in gross merchandise volume (GMV) with about $90 million in resulting revenue from commissions (the company is said to take a 25 percent commission from its partners).
http://www.businessoffashion.com/2015/03/week-review-9.htmlpost #106623 of 1090533/7/15 at 4:42pmpost #106624 of 1090533/7/15 at 4:46pmIsn't that kind of like Opentable taking a % of all covers booked through the app or something?
Whatsapp is probably the best cross platform chat program. Especially internationally. Ain't nobody got time for that ichat routing bullshit.post #106625 of 1090533/7/15 at 5:00pmQuote:
It depends on the revenue generated through Farfetch, then, doesn't it? And beyond the increased in exposure and revenues, on the estimated overhead for a small company to build and populate their website regularly, and to handle international express fulfillment.post #106626 of 1090533/7/15 at 5:11pmQuote:
The bear in me says "There is no way that there is enough people with enough money to spend to sustain the rate of development of technology designed to help people spend their money".
The bull ins me says "There is no discernible limit to our capacity and desire to consume."post #106627 of 1090533/7/15 at 5:49pmRFT: Up until now, I've dismissed Marcelo Burlon as the sort of label whose success I can understand but whose clothing just completely doesn't work for me. But then I tried on this poncho. It's ridiculously fun to wear. If I had $900 to throw around on snake-print ponchos, I would have copped.
(That and a Fear of God jumpsuit were just about the only interesting pieces in my local BNY co-op today. You gotta deal with the stores you've got).post #106628 of 1090533/7/15 at 6:28pmpost #106629 of 1090533/7/15 at 6:41pmpost #106630 of 1090533/7/15 at 6:52pmI think it gives the boutiques packing materials (farfetch boxes) and preferential negotiated rates with carriers. But it would be incredibly complex to manage fulfillment because these are B&M boutiques and the stock is in the store.
The exposure and turnkey e-commerce solution is what the stores pay for, with that high commissionpost #106631 of 1090533/7/15 at 7:00pmpost #106632 of 1090533/7/15 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
I think it gives the boutiques packing materials (farfetch boxes) and preferential negotiated rates with carriers. But it would be incredibly complex to manage fulfillment because these are B&M boutiques and the stock is in the store.
The exposure and turnkey e-commerce solution is what the stores pay for, with that high commission
What I understood was that Farfetch also handled all the shipping materials and pickup, so that the store has to print and pack, but that everything else is taken care of. I know a few stores owners on Farfetch, so I suppose it would be easy enough to find out for sure.post #106633 of 1090533/7/15 at 7:59pmI don't know how helpful this information is, but in my experience the Farfetch shipments are shipped directly from the boutiques by DHL. Each of the boxes have arrived with materials that are totally different from each other, such as a distinctive printed cloth bags (like a shopping bag almost) or funky wrapping paper. Always interesting and kind of fun. Almost rivaling Matches packaging, which is best evar.
The common element is that there is always a farfetch branded tag clipped to the item somewhere, like a much nicer version of what is on Yoox clothes. If you cut that off, you own the item. The invoice and returns instructions are from Farfetch. You don't get any documentation from the boutique.
Also I think the boutiques seal the boxes with farfetch branded tape, but I can barely remember that because I am always tearing into the box like a starving dog ripping into a dog food bag.
The items arrive within 2 business days from wherever they are. Italy, Poland, doesn't matter.
One other thing FF seems to handle for everyone is photographing stock -- very well. All of the photos look like they are from the same shoot (probably not actually but that is how they look).
It is an amazing service.post #106634 of 1090533/7/15 at 8:14pmYou know what will nudge FarFetch toward profitability? A FarFetch Guy. One model who wears every single piece, no matter what. You pay a premium for the chance for your boutique's clothes to appear on FarFetch Guy. Right now, the site has a small roster of models who make regular appearances, but they're rather nondescript fellows with partially blocked faces. FarFetch Guy will be different-- his personality and his charm will be on display as prominently as the clothes.
I nominate:post #106635 of 1090533/7/15 at 8:20pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Mazzarelli Fit - Their Standard Shirts? 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Price Drop - BNIB Vass Wingtip Boot MTO in Chestnut Inca Grain - F... 12 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo at my daytime wedding? 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...