or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 7056  

post #105826 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

^ Dbear: yes oversize coat....paired with skinny skinny pants.

I think that the most interesting looks now are....

big coat, slim pants
slim coat, big pants
slim pants, big sole shoes (I really like this for some reason)

that sort of thing. It avoids that 90's big fuckin everything look which should stay in the grave but breaks from the all slim look we have been seeing for a while.

I still like the all slim thing but yay for change sometimes.

 

Agreed.

 

Slim bottom loose top is my favourite thing at the moment.

post #105827 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Tight in the wrong places - they fall down and stick to my knees. Even on the sized-up pair.  I had a pair of the MIJ selvage from 200? that I tried to DIY and ruined. I liked those, though. 


Couldn't even button the Diors in 32 - and I'm kinda sick of that feeling. 

what? my fatass fits into 32 19cm, now i'm debating if i should go 33 but it will def be loose in the waist but maybe that's what i want

i really want a spiked belt sup @LA Guy
post #105828 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

The irony, I love it.

i never had anything against uniqlo, unlike you, but...

i'm not handwashing my devoa jeans every other day because of salt stains and black snow. fuck that shit! beater bottoms are the way to go during the winter. i've been wearing my crappy ass daytons exclusively over the winter...

well, it's also because i've been too lazy to get my carpes vibramed, but i'm not wearing those with all the salt new yorkers use on their streets!
post #105829 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

True Religions, Rock and Republic, Diesel, Nudies, APC, (insert raw denim brand here), Club Monaco, Acne, Siki Im, (insert designer brand denim), Levi's

Levi's > rest

I'm not sure what this list means… why are True Religion and Rock & Republic listed?
post #105830 of 109053
he's saying they're all same tier
post #105831 of 109053
Damn so Levi's is like S tier?
post #105832 of 109053
perhaps I should have posted graphic novelty's post bc I have no idea what you're on
post #105833 of 109053
havent worn any jeans for many months, and just tried some old ones on. Slim non-stretch jeans are the most uncomfortable pants imaginable frown.gif
post #105834 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

he's saying they're all same tier

but I thought my Diesels were so hype yo.
post #105835 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

oversized drop should coats you say?  even geller is doing fuller cuts and drop shoulder, from fw15



Geller, Duckie Brown, Public School, Billy Reid, Ervell, General Idea -- they all showed baggier stuff like oversized coats and lots of non-skinny pants (meaning not skinny throughout like the Hedi fit. And there were lots of pleats too). If the cycle is that the main ideas originate in Paris and then trickle down to NYC which is more mainstream then there's clearly something going on here.

But again, don't think skinny will disappear anytime soon and you'll probably just see a bigger mix of proportions.
post #105836 of 109053
Skinny tapered are great.

I think the coat you posted DLes was just a little bit too close to well-fitting and structured to look good in an oversized way.

I left my huge pants to the tailor to take them in slightly, gonna be wearing them like crazy if they turn out well.

I need a new white oxford, but Weekday for some reason haven't gotten in any sz smalls for the past 3 weeks, ugh.
post #105837 of 109053

Speaking of boring basic shit, I need a new grey crewneck after my 3-year old Sunspel crapped out (neck ribbing tore away from the body). I like the sunspel, but the size of the inset V always bugged me (it's tiny) and the fact it only lasted ~3 years is kind of lame.

Anybody good good recs? Looking to spend around the same ~150, relatively "slim" like the sunspel (basically just not real loose, which rules out most of the repro brands) and has the V at the neck.

Looking at Orlebar Brown, Acne College sweat, Archival, RRL, Buzz Rickson (are they legit not baggy?), Merz B (but can't find XL) and Velva Sheen.

post #105838 of 109053
i don't do it, but i think the really skinny pants and big chunky boots (docs) can look really good.

i've been pretty happy with the fit of japan blue slim tapered, sup NN.
post #105839 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb0bo View Post

havent worn any jeans for many months, and just tried some old ones on. Slim non-stretch jeans are the most uncomfortable pants imaginable frown.gif

post #105840 of 109053
uniqlo jeans are pretty good, but I'm not really picky
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts