Cool, I need to start doing that. They finally have some stores in/around LA. I haven't gone to one yet bc online is still easier but given the alterations (I too need the 34" inseam taken down to 32"), it's probably time to start going in person or at least taking stuff there rather than paying my tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 7047post #105691 of 1090532/18/15 at 11:03ampost #105692 of 1090532/18/15 at 11:05amQuote:
Chestnut hill isn't too bad if you can walk to the D/C. It isn't super convenient though that's for sure.post #105693 of 1090532/18/15 at 11:08amQuote:Suppose that isn't terrible.
Also good to know that if you order online and bring them in they will hem them. The Chestnut Hill store is pretty small and has a lot less options than the website does.post #105694 of 1090532/18/15 at 11:55ampost #105695 of 1090532/18/15 at 11:57ampost #105696 of 1090532/18/15 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
Anyone have any tips for making hair behave and look similar to how it looks after drying it with just a towel out of the shower, after it has completely dried?
Basically my problem is that it looks great, textured and a bit messy while it's still wet, but once it's dry it's lifeless, straight and boring.
Sounds like your hair needs a treatment/masque, so you get some vitamins/moisture into it.
I've heard that coconut oil should be good and cheap, if you don't want to go out and buy one.post #105697 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:01pmpost #105698 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:03pm
I missed the earlier convo about hair products but I will second the vote for Sumotech. Been using it for a few years. The tubs aren't exactly cheap but they last me a long time. I use it to create texture and shape my hair a bit. My hair rarely gets longer than 3" on top so I can't speak for longer hair but if it's what Synth uses I'd say that is proof enough of it's awesomeness. It gives my normally flat hair a lot of life and movement. Plus you can reshape it throughout the day pretty easily.
edit: (not asian)post #105699 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:04pmpost #105700 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:08pmMy hair regimen at this point consists of:
A: not washing (just rinsing)
B: A tiny bit of this every day or every other day
It's very light, more like a cream, not greasy and mostly rinses out. There are stronger hold versions if you desire. Try this for like a week so your hair 'learns' and gets acclimated to the new texture. It might take more than a day or two before it looks the way you want.
It'll look this when you get out of bed:post #105701 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:08pmpost #105702 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:16pmpost #105703 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:23pmpost #105704 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:33pmpost #105705 of 1090532/18/15 at 12:38pm
I'm assuming spikey brush is the type that stands perpendicular to where it comes out of your head? If so, have you guys used that trick where you put a beanie on after you wash your hair and let it dry under there? I've used that and it's decently successful in taming my hair and making it less puffy when short. With this method, I generally never use product anymore.
Currently growing out my hair from the typical short on sides long on top. Tying up my hair and putting it under a beanie until it dries is getting me through the awkward grow out phase.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Edward Green recrafting on Permanent Style 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 31 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 39 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 39 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 42 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 44 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 44 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 55 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...