Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 7014post #105196 of 1090532/3/15 at 9:52pmpost #105197 of 1090532/4/15 at 2:41ampost #105198 of 1090532/4/15 at 5:22amQuote:Originally Posted by caciodibosco
As my life descends further into oblivion, on some days, like today, I sit here and think of Stanley and Karen van Buren's perfect life.
They have been married now for more than 2 years. And I can see no signs of problems! Their marriage is one long idyllic, romantic dream....an endless journey into clothes....trips....drives...ski-trips....vacations.....dinners...eggs benedictine...scrambled eggs....No fights. No smashed plates, toasters, flower vases, or coffee cups. No crazy mother in the nuthouse to whom Stanley has to be the pension plan because there is no money anymore wherever Stanley's mother lives. No evil father-in-law or demonic mother-in-law. No crazy in-law family.
I don't think Stanley has a brother...I know he has a sister....but probably no brother. Which is good. Because the worst part of having a brother is thinking what it would be like if they were still here. When you are kids, you hate each other of course. When you grow older...you grow different and think the other is probably a half-brother...if not a foster brother. Then you lose your brother. And wonder what it would like if you had another adult male to love and to confide in.
So you shop around...and when it dawns on you that Stanley is only a hologram on the internet and probably not real...you shop around in real life and you end up with a friend/master/lover. Which opens another can of worms. You can't shut that once you've opened it. But you're still in the process of figuring that one out...
I can't imagine Karen van Buren ever arguing with Stanley...let alone Stanley being pushed out of his house one day because Karen van Buren has lost her mind after a huge argument...or them even raising their voices at one another...their life must be perfect...
yesterday....serenaded by the screaming of my twins...I imagined Stanley and Karen van Buren...warm and cosy cuddling on their red(?) couch....sipping a Chateauneuf du Pape and watching Groundhog Day....today they'd be watching Casablanca while nibbling on white chocolate with raspberry puree filling.....looking at each other lovingly and forehead-bumping every time Bogie says "Here's looking at you, kid!"....
you're very fortunate to have all of these things even if they drive you crazy
Plus, at the beginning and end of the day, Stanley has to get into a Volkswagen. and it's a diesel. his life isn't so perfect after all
PS I'm sorry we never finalized our Christmas swap this winter but things got crazy and your accounts were always banned before I could PM you!post #105199 of 1090532/4/15 at 7:37ampost #105200 of 1090532/4/15 at 7:45ampost #105201 of 1090532/4/15 at 7:47ampost #105202 of 1090532/4/15 at 7:48ampost #105203 of 1090532/4/15 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by luxire
Finally! This one is an amazing fabric, heavy and rugged at 22 Oz.
I'm in! I spent all of my budget already, on a leather handbag for my wife for Valentine's Day, but gimme a month or so, and I'm so there.
Man, that looks great. The extra time will also allow me to get my measurements right. Um, I know that I have sloping shoulders. But everything else I will have to figure out.
Oh man, so happy. Let's talk more by email. This piece will rock.post #105204 of 1090532/4/15 at 8:27ampost #105205 of 1090532/4/15 at 8:48amQuote:
I assume you don't mean, like, rockabilly stuff, right? Just for-real designers?Quote:Originally Posted by LuxireStudio
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Luxire Heavy Woven Sashiko Fabric
Hot diggety...could this be made into a suit with that as the jacket? As in, if I sent in pants (in this case, Wings + Horns anti-fit chinos), could I get them made into a matching garment to go with that jacket?post #105206 of 1090532/4/15 at 9:15ampost #105207 of 1090532/4/15 at 10:06ampost #105208 of 1090532/4/15 at 10:15ampost #105209 of 1090532/4/15 at 10:18amQuote:
Yeah, that's a tough one. I've worn stuff in the past that I didn't like. Save it for special occasions, like an anniversary date or something, that's what I've done, it's not too bad.post #105210 of 1090532/4/15 at 10:19am
You can't wear them for specific reasons, or you just don't like them?
If it's the former, can you elaborate, and if it's the latter, just be open with her that you're picky about clothes but you appreciate the sentiment - if she wants to surprise you on occasion then the best way to do so is (X)
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Edward Green recrafting on Permanent Style 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 31 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 39 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 39 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 42 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 44 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 44 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 54 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...