That sounds awesome.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 7001post #105001 of 1090531/30/15 at 10:26ampost #105002 of 1090531/30/15 at 10:34ampost #105003 of 1090531/30/15 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)No, I'm saying quality should mean something real -- how does something look and feel when worn (does the haircloth inside shape the chest in the way you want? Do the lapels roll in a way that's pleasing? Do the arms have shape? Etc.). You don't actually have to ask yourself these questions. You can just try a bunch of stuff on and buy what looks and feels best. Then after a few years of wearing it, if you still like the garment, then it was prob of good quality.
Like I said in the ToJ thread, I think people should think of clothes more as being more like food than cars. Instead of dissecting the technical things you don't understand anyway -- in an attempt to "max" out the quality levels given your budget -- you should just try the thing and say whether or not you like it. Nobody buys a dish and separates out the different ingredients, trying to see if the tomatoes, pasta, and olive oil are of good quality. They just eat it and say whether or not it tastes good.
Its super subjective. Remember this conversation sparked from talking about ma+/ccp/carpe diem. I asked @LA Guy whose construction/quality impresses him and he stated Aero/Viberg. Then people threw in suit quality and etc.
To me, the avante garde guys like ma+/ccp focus on design and unique leather/garment treatments which can lose out on quality at times. Makers such as aero/viberg focus more on the quality and functionality (maybe wrong word to describe this), aero is a motorcycle jacket company and viberg is a service boot both have intentions further than everyday fashion. CCP/MA+ don't focus on function such as falling off a motorcycle or something heavy falling on your foot. Although, i believe ccp/ma+ boots will hold up just fine they aren't designed for that. Hence, they have to sacrifice some of the quality for a certain aesthetic and thats fine. I handled some ccp/ma+ and never felt anything was flimsy but i mostly focused on their leathers. I am sure aero/viberg is great to handle as well.
Now after all that we came to comparing large manufacturers and fashion labels that produce a huge quantity of items to small shops like aero/viberg/ccp/ma+ (i bet no one expected those 4 in one sentence). I have seen pics of aero workshop and its not large so people can focus on the details and produce great items while the larger fashion houses sometimes don't (not true for all of them).
Anyways lots of things to consider when quality comes into play. And of course if you are ordering a unique item from ma+/ccp there is a certain threshold of qc issues that one has to accept when the item comes. I believe same goes for aero/viberg maybe someone can comment.
Point is we are always comparing Apples to Oranges here. A fashion jacket will never be as functional for a motorcycle as a motorcycle jacket.post #105004 of 1090531/30/15 at 10:56am
I hate my UPS guy. 3rd day in a row he has claimed to not be able to deliver my package due to severe weather, there is no severe weather. I called the local branch to complain and they told me to use the online chat function (wtf?). I logged on and the guy asked me to "bear" with him.post #105005 of 1090531/30/15 at 10:59ampost #105006 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:08ampost #105007 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:10amMmm brought my work headphone rig into my current work and I'm reminded of how good a good setup can be. Money put into a good headphone audio setup has always seemed to make sense when you work a desk job where you aren't interrupted by constant meetings and calls.
Music Fidelity vlink async usb to digital converter -> modified Esoteric D3 DAC -> kevin gilmore designed dynamight (balanced dynahi) -> audio technica w-5000s.
The w5000s are the first expensive purchase I made 10 years ago when I got my first job and they are still going strong and I still expect them to for pretty much my lifetime. Honestly, not the best value in headphones since imo it requires careful amp pairing to sound excellent while many are less finnicky. But pretty nevertheless.post #105008 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:12ampost #105009 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:14ampost #105010 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:22ampost #105011 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:25ampost #105012 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:27ampost #105013 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:29am
Right, I know it's a common saying. I didn't realize "bear" was the correct usage as in my rage of dealing with another delay all I could picture were a couple of grizzly bears scratching their back on a tree together.
anywayyyyyyy still pissed that this UPS guy won't deliver shit. I gave him my number last winter and told him if there's an issue getting down our road just call me and i'll meet him to pick it up in town.post #105014 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:35ampost #105015 of 1090531/30/15 at 11:51am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Is 2" too much to let out at the waist? 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: George Cleverley Chocolate Suede Cap Toe Oxford UK 8E/US 9D 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tagliatore Barry mac coat light khaki IT 48 R 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...