or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6983  

post #104731 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

i feel like Touitou is always trying to be this bad boy and then you see APC's clothes, which are nice clothes with very little attitude or unique design perspective, and you have to wonder if Touitou gets the incongruity here

I looked through the entire collection, and I cannot see WTF is subversive about it.  I'ts like, nice clothes to skinny, clean cut, white dudes.  It's clothes that for hanging out at home in, or having a drink in.  Maybe meeting a girlfriend's parents at a nice, but not too nice, restaurant.  The Timberlands don't even have the iconic shape, that I could tell.  They may as well be Heschungs or whatever French manufacturer APC likes to use for their footwear. They seem to have a slight almond toe and a lowish profile, certainly lower than that for a typical workboot.  They use that iconic yellow brown workboot color, but in 2015, that's hardly "iconically" Timberland.  Sorta reminds me of late 90s Tommy Hilfiger, when he went nuts and decided that he was designing for the hiphop stars of the day, except that Jean did not change his clothes at all, just sorta stated that that's what he is going to do.

post #104732 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

can't decide if this is ripping off dries or prada http://shop.hlorenzo.com/products/mens/outerwear/jackets/c_m500617_p10

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 85

 At first glance, definitely Dries, imo.  Ah, but I see that they've put in that lame graphic/urban element, and used a familiar military shape.  Bravo.

post #104733 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I looked through the entire collection, and I cannot see WTF is subversive about it.  I'ts like, nice clothes to skinny, clean cut, white dudes.  It's clothes that for hanging out at home in, or having a drink in.  Maybe meeting a girlfriend's parents at a nice, but not too nice, restaurant.  The Timberlands don't even have the iconic shape, that I could tell.  They may as well be Heschungs or whatever French manufacturer APC likes to use for their footwear. They seem to have a slight almond toe and a lowish profile, certainly lower than that for a typical workboot.  They use that iconic yellow brown workboot color, but in 2015, that's hardly "iconically" Timberland.  Sorta reminds me of late 90s Tommy Hilfiger, when he went nuts and decided that he was designing for the hiphop stars of the day, except that Jean did not change his clothes at all, just sorta stated that that's what he is going to do.

He also said this at his last show, which given the clothes, doesn't seem to make much sense:

"This house is not the house of normcore and I am done with minimalism. This is why we will use hardcore styling."

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2014/06/jean-touitous-best-apc-quotes.html
post #104734 of 109053
I totally don't get APCs appeal. Each season there are a few fairly basic things that I kind of like. Mostly bombers and lighter outerwear, but they are always things that are done better by other people, usually at a better price, and all of the APC pieces I have actually bought (admittedly not many) I have returned, usually because they just aren't quite right in some way.
post #104735 of 109053

I want to see someone pair Kaptial with HBA.

post #104736 of 109053

IMO, it doesn't really look like something Dries would design. The print does look kind of Dries, but the garment itself isn't designed like his stuff. Maybe Off-White is doing that thing again where they take another company's clothes, put some decals on it, and mark it up 500%.

post #104737 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

I totally don't get APCs appeal. Each season there are a few fairly basic things that I kind of like. Mostly bombers and lighter outerwear, but they are always things that are done better by other people, usually at a better price, and all of the APC pieces I have actually bought (admittedly not many) I have returned, usually because they just aren't quite right in some way.

The stuff all looks sorta nice.  It's Banana Republic for people who are into fashion, but not really, and sorta feel that they are more urban and hardcore than losers who to to the Meatpacking just to buy... bleh... Theory.  I think that the last thing I bought from APC was a shoulder zip reverse terry pullover from 2010 or so.

post #104738 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post
 

IMO, it doesn't really look like something Dries would design. The print does look kind of Dries, but the garment itself isn't designed like his stuff. Maybe Off-White is doing that thing again where they take another company's clothes, put some decals on it, and mark it up 500%.

The print looks decidedly Dries.  The colors, the black background, etc... could easily have been from SS14.  Dries does do a lot of military inspired outerwear pieces, though I'm not sure I've seen an M65 variant in a while.  Meh, nothing new in fashion.

post #104739 of 109053

there was a french guy who used to post here -- I am blanking on his name right now -- but he wore all APC and usually looked pretty good

post #104740 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
 

there was a french guy who used to post here -- I am blanking on his name right now -- but he wore all APC and usually looked pretty good

APC clothes are never really bad.  They are sort of a blank slate.  You can put whatever personality you like into them.  They work perfectly as separates.  With pretty much anything.  The other day, @sinnedk paired some MA+ boots with APC jeans.  It looked fine, good, even.  You could have paired the same jeans with Common Projects, and it would have looked equally fine.  Or Vibergs. Possibly Edward Greens.  Maybe some HBA stuff.  Which is what makes the things that Touitou says so much wierder.

post #104741 of 109053
gavroche
post #104742 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

The print looks decidedly Dries.  The colors, the black background, etc... could easily have been from SS14.  Dries does do a lot of military inspired outerwear pieces, though I'm not sure I've seen an M65 variant in a while.  Meh, nothing new in fashion.

Looks more department-store Hawaiian shirt to me. What I really liked about SS14 Dries was that the floral prints looked a little different from what you usually see. I'll have to check out some of the more military-ish Dries that you mentioned, I seem to have missed those pieces amid the current flock of blazers.

post #104743 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

APC clothes are never really bad.  They are sort of a blank slate.  You can put whatever personality you like into them.  They work perfectly as separates.  With pretty much anything.  The other day, @sinnedk
 paired some MA+ boots with APC jeans.  It looked fine, good, even.  You could have paired the same jeans with Common Projects, and it would have looked equally fine.  Or Vibergs. Possibly Edward Greens.  Maybe some HBA stuff.  Which is what makes the things that Touitou says so much wierder.

Appreciate that Fok... no to keep my hunt on for something >APC. Actually @alexandertg paired those APC with a1923 and it goes to what you said, it works...
post #104744 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Appreciate that Fok... no to keep my hunt on for something >APC. Actually @alexandertg paired those APC with a1923 and it goes to what you said, it works...

True story.


post #104745 of 109053
so how's Snowmageddon III coming along? any pics?

I was expecting a fit pic of c4est ridding a sled over several feet of snow pulled by nahneun in the range rover
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts