or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6859  

post #102871 of 109053
Luker is inspired by British subcultures like Mods, Teds, etc. whereas the mainline is more Americana
post #102872 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

I always thought this Woodkid video is very SF like
Pretty much any Woodkid video. They're great to watch.
post #102873 of 109053
I just bought some current Damir (pretty sure he had nothing to do with it other than his name) after a long while, the last one predating his regression into directionless-luxe when this sort of vacuity underlay his otherwise imaginative creations
post #102874 of 109053
Ugh why are department stores so bad at service?

LA Bloomingdales sells you dresses without the required tag to return, then bitch at you then at other employees in front of you, then make excuses and finally accept return after more bitching about how they ran out of the dress tags earlier so that is why they didn't include tag in first place baldy[1].gif

Saks Off 5th can't get website nor code to work so they tell me they will place order via phone then price match to old prices. After month and half they finally credit back $13.49 instead of $250 or so and say they cannot do anything else facepalm.gif

And yet Barneys known for terrible service has actually been really good lately, guess PE investment paid off
post #102875 of 109053

what prompted you to buy it then?

post #102876 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Ugh why are department stores so bad at service?

LA Bloomingdales sells you dresses without the required tag to return, then bitch at you then at other employees in front of you, then make excuses and finally accept return after more bitching about how they ran out of the dress tags earlier so that is why they didn't include tag in first place baldy[1].gif

Saks Off 5th can't get website nor code to work so they tell me they will place order via phone then price match to old prices. After month and half they finally credit back $13.49 instead of $250 or so and say they cannot do anything else facepalm.gif

And yet Barneys known for terrible service has actually been really good lately, guess PE investment paid off

The problem is you are wearing dresses.
post #102877 of 109053

Take all random anime thoughts here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/443820/random-anime-thoughts/0_50

 

That was put outside SWD for a reason.  You guys need to get out of the ghetto more.  It's a big forum.

post #102878 of 109053

the GHETTO??  

post #102879 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

the GHETTO??  

 

A lo of members of SWD tend to not wander outside of SWD, even to the non-clothing sections of the forum.  I can certainly give any number of sociological explanations, but most of them are probably pretty obvious.  

post #102880 of 109053

Is it because we know how to use subscriptions (and thumbs) and they don't HMMM? 

post #102881 of 109053
For the love of all things jawnz, multiquote and spoiler function. I follow a few threads in CM that are informative and interesting.
post #102882 of 109053
Anybody here is in Vancouver?
post #102883 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
 

Is it because we know how to use subscriptions (and thumbs) and they don't HMMM? 

That's part of it.  How one segment of the population interacts with a specific piece of technology, and what they expect from a specific experience, is quite different from what another segment wants, and speaks to their cultural values and shared experiences.  

 

@Parker,

@Synthese and I had dinner together last week, and one of the things that Parker and I had in common was the love of rummaging.  For us, a "curated" is not always a positive thing.  In fact, the concept that you didn't have to work to find something somewhat devalues it, and the fact that you had to work to .  We both grew up in the day of the used record store.  The less organized it was, the cooler/more special it was (that was one of the things that was captured in High Fidelity).  My first online purchase was from the first generation of the Bluefly site.  Yoox had not yet entered the American market.  That was in graduate school.  I was in my mid twenties, and it was about 1999-2000.  I remember my first email account.  It was through the university, in 1993, and I didn't use it much until about 1994, when I would have been 20.  Gmail wasa decade away.  Facebook as well.

 

Jasper is a generation under us, and his expectations and also, what he values, in an online experience, is very different.  For one, he values efficiency much more.  I use subscriptions, but I find that a lot less interesting than going int ot a forum, and clicking things willy nilly.  Sometimes, I just don't care.  But I will say that I've learned more about watches and skinheads than I ever thought that I would. 

post #102884 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Take all random anime thoughts here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/443820/random-anime-thoughts/0_50

That was put outside SWD for a reason.  You guys need to get out of the ghetto more.  It's a big forum.

You've removed my post from its original context, putting it in a place that guarantees I will never contribute to it again. Probably fitting for Eva.

Like it or not, SWD is a community; Styleforum as a whole is not.
post #102885 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

You've removed my post from its original context, putting it in a place that guarantees I will never contribute to it again. Probably fitting for Eva.

Like it or not, SWD is a community; Styleforum as a whole is not.

If you ever read cm, or health and body, or any of the sports or food threads, and see the crossover between the forums, including swd, you'd realize that you are wrong. There are tons of swders helping reach 100k pullups, for example. That you feel most comfortable here is obviously true.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts