Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6853post #102781 of 10905312/6/14 at 1:09ampost #102782 of 10905312/6/14 at 1:10ampost #102783 of 10905312/6/14 at 1:12ampost #102784 of 10905312/6/14 at 2:29ampost #102785 of 10905312/6/14 at 5:24amQuote:Originally Posted by save15
My new friend/lover/master is a lover of Brunello Cucinelli. He has introduced me to the joy.
In this weather, it is one of the greatest pleasures in life to slip into a perfectly fitting, soft-as-butter, cosy, cashmere sportcoat. And have you back gently rubbed and caressed, ever so lovingly, by a firm yet warm and familiar hand...while gazing into your eyes with his big bright green-chestnut-shiny light brown eyes! Makes life even worth living, for a while there...
According to my friend/master, the best-dressed Styleforum member, by far: gdl203
Apparently, he is up on the latest trends...pushes limits without careening head-on into ridiculousness, and has a suitable physique/physiognomy to carry it all off.
Worst dressed member: inStitches
Horrible, boring choice of clothes, over and over and over the same thing everday, could improve in the physique department. Of course, my master is biased, since I have told him how institches is heartless with the delete/ban button...
I told my master/friend that Conceptual Forest was hand-picked by gdl203 to work at his new boutique...and my master is intrigued by Conceptual Forest...not quite sure what to make of him.
Most over-rated in the thumb department: Nicelynice
"...could be cast in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest..."
Most bizarre member: Hirsh
I need hardly elaborate here.
There were a few others I can't recall off the top of my head, but before I forget, if there is a Christmas gift exchange this year, I would like to exchange with Conceptual Forest.
8/10Quote:Originally Posted by exchange
Agreed, conceptual 4est. I'll PM you the mailing address soon. You can send me the same for you.
Actually, I was very dismissive--contemptuous, even--of hipsters and hipster culture, until my friend/lover/master recently opened my eyes. I am told Brooklyn is, of course, one of their hotspots...though most would agree Portland is their Mecca.
I'll pass on the home made. I have standards, Conceptual 4est.
Also, please nothing second-hand or scavenged or bought here in the BUy-it-forum (or whatever it's called). Especially no used clothing, footwear, clothing made from rice bags, empty beer bottles, Pakistani newspapers, or anything like that....
If you can steal something new with tags from No Man Left Behind...that would be nice too! I am size 50 ITALIAN (40 US) in everything, size 11D (ITA 44/45) in footwear. For a particular piece of clothing/accessory, the size worn by the model on the runway fits me.
Please, also, nothing for my twins (unless it's duct-tape to shut them up in the middle of the night, when I lie awake thinking of my master/lover...)
I'll put some effort this time into what to send you. It has been a most weird and bizarre year for me, with worlds, years in the making, being destroyed for me, yet worlds unknown being discovered. I am glad I was able to share with you...
Last time, I sent garbage wrapped in what I thought was Iranian newspaper scrapped from a [ ] kebab shop to Stanley van Buren! I didn't even know it was actually Pakistani newspaper! I didn't know there was a [ ] difference! Looked like the same [ ] chicken scratches to me!
But without going into details or blame, the exchange management that time was a disgrace! Some of us got screwed over. I blame Spacepope...
Thought Spacepope, to his credit, sent someone a NWT Stark...
3/10post #102786 of 10905312/6/14 at 8:41ampost #102787 of 10905312/6/14 at 9:25ampost #102788 of 10905312/6/14 at 9:27ampost #102789 of 10905312/6/14 at 10:18am
What's the deal with Paul Smith?
I never paid attention to it but I've started seeing it at more and more (good) stores.
It doesn't look interesting, or good, but maybe I'm biased cos the only Paul I ever knew was a real dick.post #102790 of 10905312/6/14 at 10:30am
For those who didn't come for our tiny meet-up last night: you guys missed out on the chance for good beer and good company . For those who did, great to meet all of you - SF members continue to be very cool in person. I considered stealing @Abraxis 's long InAisce coat and challenging him to an impromptu foot race, but it would have been impolite. I think that @LA Guy and I will be back in late January, so I will try to put something together with more than 24 hours notice next time.post #102791 of 10905312/6/14 at 10:41amQuote:
His stuff is in almost all menswear stores here and they have a flagship, so their scarfs are everywhere, which makes them the mens equivalent of LV monogram, besides that some if the stuff is nice, but you need to be build like a bamboo for it to fit properly.
I have an old cable knit from him I really like.post #102792 of 10905312/6/14 at 10:51amIn the past, I have found PS stuff to be no better than H&M or Uniqlo, even moreso true now that prints are en vogue, which I felt have historically been a mark of PS. Maybe it's changed in the many years, but I felt very, very underwhelmed with almost everything I had owned/triedpost #102793 of 10905312/6/14 at 11:10ampost #102794 of 10905312/6/14 at 11:25ampost #102795 of 10905312/6/14 at 11:37am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 seconds ago
- › Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Longwing Blucher in 8D 1 minute ago
- › Turnbull & Asser navy cashmere overcoat in size 42R 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...