Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6825post #102361 of 10905311/23/14 at 10:39ampost #102362 of 10905311/23/14 at 11:16ampost #102363 of 10905311/23/14 at 11:22ampost #102364 of 10905311/23/14 at 11:35ampost #102365 of 10905311/23/14 at 12:08pm
Thanks for the recommendations, all.Quote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Find a spare dry cleaning bag. Place garment on hanger inside the bag and lie flat. Carefully add some activated charcoal or coffee grounds to the bottom opening area. Seal shut with tape. Hang up for a day or two, then air out.
Sort of depends on the origin/nature of the odor without getting too gross. The above method is my go-to for cigarette smoke / food odors (provided not coming from grease or spills directly onto the clothing).
Will give this a try. By, "some," do you mean just a handful will do?post #102366 of 10905311/23/14 at 12:24pmI go for a half cup or so? Baking soda should work too. Just be careful not to get whatever you use on your clothing.
ETA: these are awesome and are probably much better made than any fashion equivalent inc DH.
Edited by cyc wid it - 11/23/14 at 2:08pmpost #102367 of 10905311/23/14 at 3:12pmQuote:
You should check out the Le Labo store next time you're in the city. Or just the Le Labo counter at Barneys.
Been wearing a lot of Santal 33 and Bergamote 22 lately.post #102368 of 10905311/23/14 at 3:43pmpost #102369 of 10905311/23/14 at 7:06pmQuote:
you pick up a pair? been considering a jodhpur boot in a tan suede like the slps, but not sure how much wear theyd get given the rest of my wardrobe is pretty much the opposite of sleekpost #102370 of 10905311/23/14 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by snowmanxl
jbiebs selling his dries on ebay. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)visible hand tatts
that looks like Engineered Garments. I had one, it's a cool Hawaiian print. (unless I'm missing something #oldguytoooldforstyleforum)post #102371 of 10905311/23/14 at 7:41pmpost #102372 of 10905311/23/14 at 7:57pmpost #102373 of 10905311/23/14 at 8:11pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by disciple1
Today I cooked dinner for my master. He is of course my harshest critic. Makes EmptyM look like Mother Teresa. He has the most refined and delicate pallette, anything I prepare that doesn't meet his devastatingly exacting standards is thrown back in my face (and usually I am punished by you know how...)...
Today, I cooked a Styleforum-inspired dinner for him. I have introduced him to Styleforum, and some of the members here I admire...I will post about his observations about these members in due course...
It was partly in jest, but I tried to capture the essential of various STyleforum members into the meal. Not just in the dishes, but also the ambiance in which they were consumed.
The dinner itself:
I am fascinated and disgusted in equal measures by this member, about whom I know almost nothing...but I tried to inspire a dish by him.
Soupe Fuuma-le-Grand was a simple dashi-based miso broth, in which I floated Perigord black truffles sauteed in butter, small morsels of hand-torn Brie de Meaux just starting to melt in, and cigarette butts put in for decoration. Before serving, the soup is "smoked" in a home-kitchen smoker, with 2 packs of cigarettes lit and put into the smoker to give a cigarette aroma to the soupe.
A simple base of Japanese austerity defiled with French pretentiousness...smothered to death in cigarettes...
I am a devotee of Synthese's cooking, as shown in his blog "devour and conquer" (or something like that, please excuse, I forget).
Simple Duck Legs, pan fried in duck fat....served with mirepoix vegatables (celery, onion, carrot) and garlic, fried in butter with lots of ground cannabis and white wine.
Served in an ambience where every carbohydrate in the room has been ritually thrown out beforehand....
Salad eStanley van Buren
A simple tossed salad of kale, moringa leaves and quinoa, dressed with fried bacon, fried eggs (2), Served out of a giant mason jar.
Hoisin Sauce, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, ShaoXing cooking wine, and Sriracha sauce...all mixed together with dark sesame seed oil. Use optional.
Sweet inspired by KindofYoung
Strawberries, Lindenberries....dusted with icing sugar, served on top of giant bowl of whipped cream. Elderflower cordial on the side.
A feroriously savage assault of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, mace and saffron...all steeped into darkest Ceylon tea...thickened with whipping cream and a giant dollop of clotted cream iceberg floating on top, dusted with ground pistachio and served while breathing frankinsense burned on the side...
Sounds like a nice meal. How would you feel about a pair of custom-designed Viberg boots that were inspired by you? Something with Italian leather to represent the wife you seem to have forgotten about, made in Canada of course like your new lover, and sold two pairs at a time to symbolize your twin boys.post #102374 of 10905311/23/14 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hirsh
I've just been diagnosed with wool allergy, so my 3 Pringle merino jumpers I've had to donate..
My 2 cashmere sweaters I haven't tried yet for fear of another allergic reaction...they'll probably outlive me and I wi I'd never invested in them.
I can't even sell them because they're such a tiny size😭😭😭
I'm now having to try to sell my £2,500 Burberry navy coat as its a mix of cashmere and wool, so I can't wear it, will have to get my cashmere lined leather trenchcoat (bespoke in 2008) tailored to fit me, or just wear my shearling jacket and thermals under my jeans😥
Btw I don't seem to react to cashmere, cotton, or silk, but my 2 navy cashmere sweaters have some wool in them- I wish I'd bought 100% cashmere....more money wasted..I didn't even wear them, I'll just let them hang in my closet..post #102375 of 10905311/23/14 at 10:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
I go for a half cup or so? Baking soda should work too. Just be careful not to get whatever you use on your clothing.
ETA: these are awesome and are probably much better made than any fashion equivalent inc DH.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow these look really nice. I'm not sure I understood some of your post… who makes them?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 56 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Blazer 38/48 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar shell LHS 9.5C 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...