Get the goodyear welted man. You're going to law school and worrying about $60? drop in the bucket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6799post #101971 of 10905311/13/14 at 10:49ampost #101972 of 10905311/13/14 at 10:54ampost #101973 of 10905311/13/14 at 10:54ampost #101974 of 10905311/13/14 at 10:57amQuote:
a cemented sole can be replaced. Just not so easily.
Goodyear is cemented anyway.post #101975 of 10905311/13/14 at 10:59ampost #101976 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
Just got to reading this and really enjoyed it, thanks for posting.post #101977 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:23ampost #101978 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:24amQuote:
So cemented is different than glued? And is handwelted a plus? Yea, even if the quality was subpar (which I heard it isn't), they're such a great price and look excellentpost #101979 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:37amQuote:
What is hilarious is that he seems to talk about pornography like a superego commanding you to enjoy, the perverse paradox of the superego being here fully revealed, rather than obscured by the usual appeal to morality: the more you follow it's diktat, the more guilty and unfulfilled you feel.post #101980 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
What is hilarious is that he seems to talk about pornography like a superego commanding you to enjoy, the perverse paradox of the superego being here fully revealed, rather than obscured by the usual appeal to morality: the more you follow it's diktat, the more guilty and unfulfilled you feel.
There's a strand of the discussion of pornography that talks about it like a drug, in the way that he does here. In the sense that you're always chasing the dragon, never catching it, and running farther away from more fundamentally satisfying experiences (whatever that means). But I agree that the bulk of the discussion tends to focus on the degrading effect pornography has on the actors, in which we are complicit by watching, rather than the effect on the viewer.post #101981 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
I've read this, and it reminds me of that old gag where a bunch of pretend comedy writers sit around a table and deadpan "That's funny." and "That's not funny".post #101982 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:44am
Buying watches off ebay - bad idea?
Guy is selling a Junghans I've wanted for a while about $750 below retail. Looks to be in perfect condition.
I think the most expensive thing I've bought on ebay was about $300. This is about 1200.
Is there any thing I should no in regards to bigger purchases or watches specifically through ebay or is it all the same process (check sellers history, feedback, cross search images etc)?post #101983 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:45amQuote:
You've lost me here, dunno about the gag. Here's some Jewish humour (unrelated) for you: what's a philosemite? An antisemite who loves Jews.post #101984 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:47amDavid Foster Wallace's essay on attending the AVN awards/convention is, like everything he writes IMHO, really worth reading. It begins:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The American Academy of Emergency Medicine confirms it: Each year, between one and two dozen adult US males are admitted to ERs after having castrated themselves. With kitchen tools, usually, sometimes wire cutters. In answer to the most obvious question, surviving patients most often report that their sexual urges had become a source of intolerable conflict and anxiety. The desire for perfect release and the real-world impossibility of the perfect, whenever-you-want-it release had together produced a tension they could no longer stand
It is to the 30+ testosteronically afflicted males whose cases have been documented in the past two years that your correspondents wish to dedicate this article. And to those tormented souls considering autocastration in 1998, we wish to say: "Stop! Stay your hand! Hold off with those kitchen utensils and/or wire cutters!" Because we believe we may have found an alternative.post #101985 of 10905311/13/14 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Hey guys, so I'm gonna buy a pair of Story et Fall sidezips and they're currently offered in a cemented last ($140) and a Goodyear welted last ($200). I was wondering if the extra $60 is worth it?
I have a pair of those MMMxHMMMMMM sidezips and I'm pretty sure they're cemented (?) and the sole detaches every few months and I have to get it reglued, so I'm wary. Tips??
Okay, this is going to sound really dumb, but I can't find how to get to the goodyear welted last. I can only find the cemented last. Where is the goodyear welted option?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 25 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 31 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 33 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Aspesi Minifield Vento Jacket Olive Size X-Large (fits slim, for... 35 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...