or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6781  

post #101701 of 109053
From my neighborhood:


post #101702 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I have to ask the New Yorkers: conceptual_forest likes to tell me stories about people defecting into bags on the subway, and I want to know if he does it to dare me because I am a stupid tourist, or if that is a Real Thing that happens. There was a tied plastic bag on the floor of the train I just got off and I was horrified the whole time.

turding into a bag on the train sounds like 90's NYC. NYC used to be a dirty place; by comparison it seems clean and tidy now, shiny as a button.

My first trip to Penn Station, I saw someone wackin off, a guy was yelling at a candy bar he was holding, people sleeping (i hope they were sleeping maybe not) in every nook and cranny, hookers were everywhere, we could barely make it into our cab because of the hookers talking up.
post #101703 of 109053
sounds like my last trip to bangkok
post #101704 of 109053
I think they've established homeless training classes. One afternoon while walking through Madison Square Park, I saw a gentleman lay out a newspaper on a storm drain, poop on it, and then place it in a receptacle.
post #101705 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresailors View Post

I think they've established homeless training classes. One afternoon while walking through Madison Square Park, I saw a gentleman lay out a newspaper on a storm drain, poop on it, and then place it in a receptacle.

Gentleman indeed.


On a side note, I heard an interesting article on the radio on the way home about how Facebook is ruining peoples lives. How there's a stronger drive to compete with friends or even acquaintances, or create an online persona that their current living environment cannot sustain. I'm sure this is true on Styleforum as well, how many people spend more cash after joining here than before?
post #101706 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

Gentleman indeed.


On a side note, I heard an interesting article on the radio on the way home about how Facebook is ruining peoples lives. How there's a stronger drive to compete with friends or even acquaintances, or create an online persona that their current living environment cannot sustain. I'm sure this is true on Styleforum as well, how many people spend more cash after joining here than before?

Are you saying we're all going to spend ourselves into homelessness and poop in bags in the subway?
post #101707 of 109053
you ever see those "you might like #x" suggestions on inter webs? I just got #menslonghairstyle and got really fucking creeped out before I realized it's "men's long" and not some gallery of pubic wizardry.
post #101708 of 109053
Hey so i was looking over some of my older fits from last fall and I came across this one:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

And I was thinking about ways to improve it. One thing that ive already done is that ive had those pants hemmed so the break is a bit better. I'd love to hear more suggestions and ideas. It is one of my favorites and I think i did a solid job with it but id love to get the brain trust to weigh in.

Thanks!!
post #101709 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

On a side note, I heard an interesting article on the radio on the way home about how Facebook is ruining peoples lives. How there's a stronger drive to compete with friends or even acquaintances, or create an online persona that their current living environment cannot sustain. I'm sure this is true on Styleforum as well, how many people spend more cash after joining here than before?

 

It's always been this way, no? FB, and Instagram, ESPECIALLY Instagram, are used quite often for self promotion, is it not? There will always be ways of being pretentious, this is just a fairly new channel of communication for it. 

 

As for spending, I limit myself to about 4k for anything considered a want, annually. I'd say not really, kind of the opposite actually.  I'm a lot more picky, but informed about my purchases, post menswear forums, than I was pre menswear forums. Like the rest of young society, I use to shop on the high street, now I don't even bother walking to these areas unless Uniqlo, is having a sale.

post #101710 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Are we gonna get unblurred pics of Synth's face??

i'll bet he's really handsome, I wanna see a showdown with Regis

I accept the challenge. Synth, meet me outside Abercrombie & Fitch
post #101711 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

sounds like my last trip to bangkok

Haha, me too.
post #101712 of 109053

so who took the SWD-MC rumble?

post #101713 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Hey so i was looking over some of my older fits from last fall and I came across this one:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

And I was thinking about ways to improve it. One thing that ive already done is that ive had those pants hemmed so the break is a bit better. I'd love to hear more suggestions and ideas. It is one of my favorites and I think i did a solid job with it but id love to get the brain trust to weigh in.

Thanks!!

you forgot to cut the umbilical
post #101714 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

so who took the SWD-MC rumble?

We were overwhelmed by sheer numbers.
post #101715 of 109053

OVERWHELM THEM WITH SHEER FABRIC

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts