I am a Struggle TOJ customer. I'll gladly add $200 to have my TOJ done within 20 weeks but it does not seem like a possible option. I don't know what to do... clueless and struggling...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6772post #101567 of 10905311/4/14 at 6:25pmAll this leather jacket talk and here I am as someone who has never owned a leather jacket. I'd like one but they are expensive, I guess I'm a struggling kid.
What's a good starter leather? I wear white shirt and jawns nearly every day so think a leather would go good with what I wear.post #101568 of 10905311/4/14 at 6:41pmpost #101569 of 10905311/4/14 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
This will be sacrilege to you,. but I wear mine more than I do my Margiela, which I also really like. It's not a particularly unique design, nor is it as well made as many of my other leather jackets, but if I want to throw something on and look pretty goold just about anywhere, my ToJ moto works. It's also the jacket that travels with me pretty much everywhere. You need a jacket to go out to a lame club in. It works. You need to go to some dumb art show in, it works. You need to go get coffee in the morning (definitely the most pleasant of those three tasks,) it works. It works in New York, and in Florence and in Paris and in Hong Kong and in LA. So, in many ways, it is a really good "srater" jacket. in that you don't need to build a wardrobe or lifestyle or whatever around it. It is a good separate that conforms to whatever your life might be.
Of course, 60 months wait time, or whatever, is crazy talk. I don't even like to stand in line for dinner.
I must be getting old too.
I love how random fashion thoughts turned into a toj thread.
I must agree with you, the moto is a great jacket. I have 2 tojs moto and wool ma1. Both jackets work with most things.
Toj was a nice option while it lasted. The wait time of around a year is unacceptable and that's why we have the nice vanson thread.
I think main issue that irks everyone is the hype for toj which is long gone.post #101570 of 10905311/4/14 at 6:47pmpost #101571 of 10905311/4/14 at 6:48pmpost #101572 of 10905311/4/14 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by eternaldrake
I had 3 toj orders in total and I was pleased by each and the service, but this was long before production/shipping issues so maybe it's not so relevant (less than 3 week turnaround time on my cm har har)
@fok: how long have you had your fqhh moto/how stiff is it? i have a fqhh dr and its still stiff as hell after like 4 years
Um, maybe 4 years now? Really pliable. It's not "soft", but is is definitely not stiff. It feels like a broken in jacket, but FQHH is really dense and strong, and is not every going to feel like lamb (and shouldn't). But I bang my clotjes around a lot. I am pretty sure it's the only ToJ to have been out on the fire line, been used for an impromptu Ezekial choke, etc... It's pretty comfortable. I have worn mine on plane rides, fallen asleep in it in airports, etc...post #101573 of 10905311/4/14 at 7:37pmQuote:i guess mine doesnt get as much wear as it should, i have alot more jackets than i should given the weather here in florida so none of them see much wear.Originally Posted by LA Guy
Um, maybe 4 years now? Really pliable. It's not "soft", but is is definitely not stiff. It feels like a broken in jacket, but FQHH is really dense and strong, and is not every going to feel like lamb (and shouldn't). But I bang my clotjes around a lot. I am pretty sure it's the only ToJ to have been out on the fire line, been used for an impromptu Ezekial choke, etc... It's pretty comfortable. I have worn mine on plane rides, fallen asleep in it in airports, etc...
even after 4 years mine still stands up on its own Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #101574 of 10905311/4/14 at 8:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coldsnap
All this leather jacket talk and here I am as someone who has never owned a leather jacket. I'd like one but they are expensive, I guess I'm a struggling kid.
What's a good starter leather? I wear white shirt and jawns nearly every day so think a leather would go good with what I wear.
check http://www.styleforum.net/t/71625/leather-jackets-post-pictures-of-the-best-youve-seen-owned/11505#post_7246707 and depending on your budget maybe a used one mentioned in the thread (i.e. used toj).Quote:
I ordered in 2012 when the production started being a bit slower. Ordered in August, received jacket in december, 4 months not too bad.post #101575 of 10905311/5/14 at 3:25ampost #101576 of 10905311/5/14 at 3:48ampost #101577 of 10905311/5/14 at 4:50ampost #101578 of 10905311/5/14 at 5:14ampost #101579 of 10905311/5/14 at 7:41amIs 08sircus sized differently from other japanese brands? a 1 in their clothes seems to fit like a 2 in kka, va, etc.
also, i'm adding 08sircus to my long list of Brands I Regret Sleeping On. the aesthetic is like something Other Shop would carry, but with rougher textures. It's tight.post #101580 of 10905311/5/14 at 7:43amI've gained about 15 lbs over the past 3.5 years and somewhat outgrown my 2010 lamb moto (i'm planning on a cut before next summer so fingers crossed)--I can only wear it with a t-shirt and even then it's a bit borderline.
It's definitely a motivation to slim down though. As I get older and accumulate lifting injuries, I feel like I'll have to choose between slightly higher bf + size or lower bf + less LBM and. Given that I love my leather, it's a motivation to go with the latter.
I just picked up a Horsehide Schott Perfecto from ridethecliche and it's a whole different beast--at first i felt suuuper awkward in it but now i feel like it's settling in. It's also lined and surprisingly warm --I layer it with a black tech fleece hoodie and I'm seeing how deep into winter that + hat/gloves/scarf + heattech tights under some looser denim will take me (I have a really warm parka but I hate the bulkiness of it on public transit.)
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Vittorio Double Breasted Suit Coat 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 19 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Official Cheapies Thread - Thrifted Find of the Year 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...