or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › should i wear a suit everyday?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

should i wear a suit everyday?

post #1 of 82
Thread Starter 
Hi, im a 17 year old guy going into his senior year of high school and i would really like to wear a classy suit everyday. but im afraid some people may get jealous or it may seam that i think im something else. and by the way when i wear a suit i make sinatra look like a hobo. that being said to me wearing a suit is like wearing armor. what would you think if u were in hs and someone did this ?
post #2 of 82
first
post #3 of 82
Dude im in hs and im telling you absoltuley not. You will be the laughing stock/weirdo. Trust me on this, if you need any assistance with what to wear in hs send me a message, im pro at this
post #4 of 82
Do it. Post pics.
post #5 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllilevad9119 View Post
Hi, im a 17 year old guy going into his senior year of high school and i would really like to wear a classy suit everyday. but im afraid some people may get jealous or it may seam that i think im something else. and by the way when i wear a suit i make sinatra look like a hobo. that being said to me wearing a suit is like wearing armor. what would you think if u were in hs and someone did this ?

I would think they were a douche/someone to keep an eye on as they might pull a Columbine if I made fun of them. Don't do it.
post #6 of 82
I wore sweaters a lot in high school, and that was bad enough for some people (not the girls though so screw the naysayers). They only thing worse than wearing a suit daily to a high school, especially in this day and age, would have been wearing one to a hippy commune.
post #7 of 82
what kind of car do you drive?
post #8 of 82
I used to comb my hair parted on one side and every guy felt it was their birth-right to mess up my hair on sight. It pissed them off to see every hair in place. I can't imagine what they'll do to your nice suit. Be wise. Dress like the rest. When you are finished all day schooling you'll finally be free to do as you like...well unless you are going to some private or prep school I suppose.
post #9 of 82
If I could have afforded it, I would have, but I'm also pretty ridiculous in general and wear blazers to college classes regularly.
post #10 of 82
there's one guy at my school that wears a suit on the first day, and then on the last day, no one really notices but it is kind of amusing to see it, i'm at your average socal public school where 40% of the people still wear hollister, 30% wear ghetto baggy shit, 10% are hypebeasts (or wannabes), 15% are normal levis and generic stuff, and the rest are people who actually know how to dress

i would not wear a suit everyday, or anyday in high school unless it's for a presentation that requires more formal clothing, jcrew would seem a bit more appropriate if you want to look better, i would save the expensive stuff for college

btw i'm about to be a senior too and i mainly wear selvage denim (my PBJs and APCs), jcrew, and sperrys/vans
post #11 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasticfolly View Post
If I could have afforded it, I would have, but I'm also pretty ridiculous in general and wear blazers to college classes regularly.

Wait... that's ridiculous? Explains a lot, really.
post #12 of 82
Knowing the appropriate attire to wear in various situations is a huge part of being stylish. Obviously, wearing a suit to school is not appropriate. Even if you were able to piece together a great outfit, suit and all, it would still be out of place in that setting... making you look (rightfully so) incredibly foolish.
post #13 of 82
Would you wear a tux to the office? Then why would you wear a suit to school? Time & place dictate.
post #14 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel View Post
Knowing the appropriate attire to wear in various situations is a huge part of being stylish. Obviously, wearing a suit to school is not appropriate. Even if you were able to piece together a great outfit, suit and all, it would still be out of place in that setting... making you look (rightfully so) incredibly foolish.

I can't think of a better way to word this. Right on the nose.
post #15 of 82
Its never to early or to late to cultivate the person you want to become. I think if you were to to this it would make you a mentally stronger person, and a more secure and confident person. Being you will get heckled and made fun of by ignorant people with nothing better to do, but you should march on stylishly.

I fully support you doing this as you only have one life, better to do it in style than float in the mundane till you sink in regrets. My advice, do it, and do it well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › should i wear a suit everyday?