or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do Suede Shoes Stretch More?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do Suede Shoes Stretch More?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Holding all other variables constant, do suede shoes stretch more over time compared to finished calf shoes?

I have noticed that, in my case, the answer is yes and I am now thinking about buying suede shoes 1/2 size smaller than my finished calf or shell cordovan shoes (assuming same maker/last).

What do the other forumites think?
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged View Post
Holding all other variables constant, do suede shoes stretch more over time compared to finished calf shoes? I have noticed that, in my case, the answer is yes and I am now thinking about buying suede shoes 1/2 size smaller than my finished calf or shell cordovan shoes (assuming same maker/last). What do the other forumites think?
I don't think suede shoes stretch. Thin leather might stretch; maybe soft leather but the finish shoulder matter. I have, however, noticed that white shirts stretch less than colored ones.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
I have, however, noticed that white shirts stretch less than colored ones.
Noticed the same thing with Asian women.
post #4 of 10
^^ Very funny
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
I don't think suede shoes stretch. Thin leather might stretch; maybe soft leather but the finish shoulder matter.

I have, however, noticed that white shirts stretch less than colored ones.
That brings up the question -- even from the same makers, are suede shoes made with thinner leather than finished calf shoes?
post #6 of 10
Not scientific by any means, but I tend to think that yes, they do stretch ever so slightly. I have had a couple pairs of suede shoes for a couple of years now and they seem to be somewhat more "relaxed" than when I first got them. That said, I have not found calf shoes to "stretch" at all, and if they did, I would have to say they did not fit you well in the first place.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
I don't think suede shoes stretch. Thin leather might stretch; maybe soft leather but the finish shoulder matter.

I have, however, noticed that white shirts stretch less than colored ones.

Maybe so, but what about white suits?

post #8 of 10
I have only found suede shoes with simple construction and thinner leather, like desert boots, to stretch a little. But I wouldn't go down a half size.

My suede oxfords haven't stretched any more than any other regular leather oxford or monk.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888style View Post
Noticed the same thing with Asian women.
No doubt a major reason why they're so popular.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Maybe so, but what about white suits?
See, now if he had metal buttons and patch pockets on that, it'd still be wearable today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do Suede Shoes Stretch More?