or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Opinions on these white wingtips
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinions on these white wingtips

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I fuckin love these.....just curious what anyone else thinks of em?

post #2 of 18
I don't like the brown peeking through the broguing nor the stitching personally but I think they would work well with your style.
post #3 of 18
I prefer some of his cufflinks but I think those are cool for your style.

post #4 of 18
I wouldn't wear them, but they look awesome.
post #5 of 18
I would totally wear em. I love them.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Funny, I was just looking at a pair of these made by Brooks Brothers in white buck. They'd be hard to pull off, but I was thinking of wearing them with a pair of raw slim fit or white slim jeans. Other than that, I'd imagine some pastel linen trousers will work as well. Cool shoes nevertheless.

Here're the BB made ones:

A while back I posted some Tricker's boots just like those bucks. I think the smooth leather ones look too much like golf shoes, but bucks would be cool.
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Whoopee....yea the brown peeking thru the broguing is one of the details I really liked, providing some contrast so it isnt stark white.

Tiger...I have a pair of the mini cooper links, they're fun.

I'm hoping they have these in-store to check out in real life this weekend.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Funny, I was just looking at a pair of these made by Brooks Brothers in white buck. They'd be hard to pull off, but I was thinking of wearing them with a pair of raw slim fit or white slim jeans. Other than that, I'd imagine some pastel linen trousers will work as well. Cool shoes nevertheless.

Here're the BB made ones:

Wouldn't raw jeans turn shoes like this blue within days, if not hours?
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Yes they would...I wouldnt wear white leather shoes with raw jeans for that reason. But with a slim casual wool or cotton trouser they'd look great.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Whoopee....yea the brown peeking thru the broguing is one of the details I really liked, providing some contrast so it isnt stark white.

Tiger...I have a pair of the mini cooper links, they're fun.

I'm hoping they have these in-store to check out in real life this weekend.
They look great, and I agree about the brown peaking through. It adds visual interest rather than just blinding you. I do think, though, that if you are going to sport shoes like that, you should top it off with a cool lid.
post #11 of 18
I like those shoes, Jason. Personally, I wouldn't wear them because I don't quite understand how to coordinate white (except for shirts) with other items in my outfit.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
I do think, though, that if you are going to sport shoes like that, you should top it off with a cool lid.


a cool haircut is about as far as I can go in that dept!
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Actually, I'm a bit fond of having some indigo on my white shoes. I have a pair of leather all white Chucks with spots of indigo on them. I think some dirt and indigo give the shoes a bit of character.

I dont mind indigo stains on my white trainers, but I wouldnt want those same stains on a $400 pair of dress-y shoes
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Tiger...I have a pair of the mini cooper links, they're fun.
Have you seen his Bristol 403 ones? I have them in red and green. Everyone who studies them asks me what kind of car is on them, too. Nobody guesses right, though.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
yep, I have those as well, where one link is the front of the car (red) and the other link is the rear (green). I want to get the clock links next, in red.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Opinions on these white wingtips