or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Japanese Denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Denim - Page 2

post #16 of 411
I'm not sure if they're slubs. Take a look at the denim-gallery Eternals, you can pretty clearly see the "lines" I'm talking about there.
post #17 of 411
i've noticed that vertical striping in my RRDS, too. it is particularly evident in the RR veggies. here's a pic that i hijacked from "unwashed" on mynudies: http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_s...pic&pic_id=778 "Slubs" refers to the warp threads, but this color "striation" i am guessing is from the dying method. yeah?
post #18 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
One word: Uniglo.

I ment Uniqlo
post #19 of 411
Quote:
"Slubs" refers to the warp threads, but this color "striation" i am guessing is from the dying method.

Slubs are both warp and weft threads. The color striation, while I'm not sure exactly why it happens, is a combination of both slubby denim and dying methods.
post #20 of 411
The striations I'm talking about with the 811 are quite different from, say, the Nudie natural indigo or the l.e. Sven. Here's good pictures: http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/eternal_811-6.html Notice the clearly apparent vertical lines. I don't know why this happens. It's starting to become apparent on mine, even though they've been worn very little (only six weeks... I'm breaking in my SDAs right now). My SDAs are not doing this.
post #21 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
The striations I'm talking about with the 811 are quite different from, say, the Nudie natural indigo or the l.e. Sven.

Here's good pictures:

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/eternal_811-6.html

Notice the clearly apparent vertical lines. I don't know why this happens. It's starting to become apparent on mine, even though they've been worn very little (only six weeks... I'm breaking in my SDAs right now). My SDAs are not doing this.

yea, I know exactly what you're talking about. I think that it may be a result of warp threads that vary GREATLY, and weft threads not so much. The SDA's may have less variation - thicker threads overall, or perhaps thicker weft threads.

The way I see it, each vertical "line" is just one warp thread that was thick enough that it was more susceptible to abrasion, and thus will fade quicker than the others. The Eternals may be woven in such a way that every couple warp threads, there's a really thick one that fades fast.

An analogy to how I see it (since I love analogies): imagine you're scraping your knuckles along a stucco wall. Your middle knuckle, which sticks out the most, is going to get ripped up the fastest, while your little knuckle will be scraped less because it's not touching the wall as much.
post #22 of 411
45rpms run about 66% of the price stateside after conversion. That's how I got my pair.

Dan
post #23 of 411
The Japanese invented denim, you know...
post #24 of 411
Haha guitarwolf jeans, awesome!

Anybody got a pair and want to comment on the fit?

m
post #25 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirrorcrackd
45rpms run about 66% of the price stateside after conversion. That's how I got my pair.

Dan

So then, Jomons would be what.. $500 or so in Japan?
post #26 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The Japanese invented denim, you know...

I thought it was the French and/or Italians.
post #27 of 411
They may have invented denim but it took the Swedish to reveal the naked truth to the world.
post #28 of 411
The Japanese invented the Swedish.
post #29 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
So then, Jomons would be what.. $500 or so in Japan?

I don't know about Jomons, but someone on the other sf got a pair of distressed sorahikos ($478 in NY) for $403 (including shipping) from Juno. Said the retail price was 33,400 (~$278 US).

Looks like the price for one-wash Sorahiko's in Japan is only 24,150 (~$205 US) and they retail for $333 in NY.

That's a pretty damn big difference. Don't see the Jomon on the website though, I can't tell whats what on the website, hehe. This is definitely an option I'll have to consider when that time comes though...
post #30 of 411
I could find neither the Aihikos or the Jomons, though it could be because they are part of hte R by 45rpm line and thus may not be available online. And I know it's shallow but I REALLy want this shirt. http://store.45rpm.jp/Main/shop/good...?goods=4037904
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Japanese Denim