or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 592

post #8866 of 12318
VASS Chukka in Oxblood U Last (42G). The fit is incredible, was an educated guess, but damn. Finishing is not as nice as G&G or AS, but decent. The calf skin feels thinner than my other shoes, i.e. G&G and even Carmina. Not sure why everyone says U Last is a very sharp toe box. The toebox looks very similar the G&G TG73.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Edited by badsha - 11/6/13 at 10:52am
post #8867 of 12318

You have a pair of U last in wide/G fitting and you ask why its not very sharp? :devil:

post #8868 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

You have a pair of U last in wide/G fitting and you ask why its not very sharp? devil.gif
U-last look it's best in G fitting IMO
post #8869 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

You have a pair of U last in wide/G fitting and you ask why its not very sharp? devil.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

U-last look it's best in G fitting IMO

Agreed U Last is very nice. chogall I like it, but I saw a photo a while back where the U Last was sharper than G&G TG73, could have been F width.
post #8870 of 12318
Nyoo Shooz!
OE U last.
post #8871 of 12318

Congrats on the new additions, gents!

post #8872 of 12318
chogall -- thanks for that pic and your thoughts. i really like the gray in those JLs. very interesting shade.

forgive me if this is an excessively n00bish question, but what exactly does "museum" mean? is it a particular tanning or dying process? i think i sort of assumed that it was unique to ilcea before i read about the bankruptcy and this new supplier. at any rate, i do know that i really enjoy the final product, ha
post #8873 of 12318
Museum is the marketing term invented by John Lobb. At Ilcea it's named Radica. Just marketing terms.
post #8874 of 12318
It's the mottled effect that their referring to, correct?
post #8875 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

It's the mottled effect that their referring to, correct?
Yes
post #8876 of 12318
I have a couple of pairs on the way as well. Looking forward to getting them.
post #8877 of 12318
I think "Marble" effect is another terminology used. If you had the pleasure of owning a pair of cream museum calf, then you'll know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

It's the mottled effect that their referring to, correct?
post #8878 of 12318
I have no idea why Vass ventured into these illusionary skins, they should have stuck with the basics.Never fond of these nor any form of antiquing makes it look so artificial.IMO
post #8879 of 12318
^^^ I agree with you about Vass sticking to the basics. In deference to Lazslo Vass he has to run a business, which means selling shoes. Have you seen some of the wild offerings from Maftei? Maybe it's cheaper to sell "antiqued" or "museum" calf leathers because your supply lines are shorter. Tanning high quality calf and shell cordovan takes time. Horween in Chicago takes 28 days to make their Chromexcel leather, and six months to properly tan shell cordovan. I'm not sure, but for me, keep it simple. ^^^
post #8880 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

^^^ I agree with you about Vass sticking to the basics. In deference to Lazslo Vass he has to run a business, which means selling shoes. Have you seen some of the wild offerings from Maftei? Maybe it's cheaper to sell "antiqued" or "museum" calf leathers because your supply lines are shorter. Tanning high quality calf and shell cordovan takes time. Horween in Chicago takes 28 days to make their Chromexcel leather, and six months to properly tan shell cordovan. I'm not sure, but for me, keep it simple. ^^^

You have hit the nail on the head.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread