or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 561

post #8401 of 12341
DWFII, so who produces the shoe with the greatest spi today?
How comes there is nobody interested in raising cattle as slowly as it was done in the past, because it will surely be the turbo mast which will make leathers having a lower quality, right?
post #8402 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post


Just picked up on this...it strikes me that there's something of the myopic about such a perspective. It assumes that the shoemaker is a mindless drudge with no part, indeed no legitimate interest or investment, in the process of addressing the customer's every whim. And while that's fine at a certain level, unfortunately it is the guiding principle of manufacturing in general.

 

I make no such assumption.  Kindly refrain from placing idiotic words in my mouth.

 

Oh, and I'd venture a guess that Vass takes pride in his product as well.

post #8403 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

DWFII, so who produces the shoe with the greatest spi today?
How comes there is nobody interested in raising cattle as slowly as it was done in the past, because it will surely be the turbo mast which will make leathers having a lower quality, right?

I have no idea. Probably some obscure English or Japanese maker living off, or on the border of, the grid and who is something of an iconoclast. And who is kind of secretly pissed off because in a consumer driven society, where style trumps substance, the pursuit of excellence is akin to aberrant and perverted behaviour.

As for the leather...it's not just the raising but the tanning...again, it all comes down to the bottom line--"time is money" and money is the only thing that makes life worthwhile.
post #8404 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I make no such assumption.  Kindly refrain from placing idiotic words in my mouth.

Oh, and I'd venture a guess that Vass takes pride in his product as well.

Don't take things so personally...or take a nap...one.
post #8405 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post


Don't take things so personally...or take a nap...one.

 

Oh look, humour.

post #8406 of 12341
Trying to wire money to Vass... for those that have used Western Union (WU), did you go through the regular WU website or WU FX? Anyone know the difference?
post #8407 of 12341
The regular WU website wouldn't allow me to transfer EUR to Hungary, even when the account is denominated in EUR. At least that was the case when I looked at it late last year.

Currency Fair has been pretty easy to use and slightly cheaper than WU FX (lower fee and better exchange rate it seems). If you haven't looked at that yet, it is an option. There's one detail with CF that's important, if you want to go that route. You can PM me if you like and I'll explain rather than filling up space that should be used for photos of shoes.
post #8408 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Trying to wire money to Vass... for those that have used Western Union (WU), did you go through the regular WU website or WU FX? Anyone know the difference?

Oh, what you getting?
post #8409 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Oh, what you getting?

Flirting with #75 and/or #89. Finally got settled and sold a couple of shoes so I have room again. biggrin.gif
post #8410 of 12341

^^^ Two very different choices, but both appealing.

post #8411 of 12341

"Both" was also the first word to pop into my mind when I checked which those two were....and has remained there like a throbbing neon sign.  Wonder why.

post #8412 of 12341
Anyone size down from F to the P2? (I've heard it's longer and wider than the F)
post #8413 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Anyone size down from F to the P2? (I've heard it's longer and wider than the F)

 

I wondered the same thing, and then took the same size. Instep is a little lower, fore foot a little wider, and around 5mm shorter, but with a more rounded toe. I'll try and take a comparison for you when its light out.

post #8414 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

I wondered the same thing, and then took the same size. Instep is a little lower, fore foot a little wider, and around 5mm shorter, but with a more rounded toe. I'll try and take a comparison for you when its light out.

Okay thanks, because I had closed laces on my F last when new (I think I'm like size 42.75) and if p2 is bigger it will definitely be too big.
post #8415 of 12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Anyone size down from F to the P2? (I've heard it's longer and wider than the F)

I get the same size although the P2 is bigger. A half size down may work although it also may be too short. I just put in a thin leather Tacco insole which takes up the extra space so problem solved.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread