or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 543

post #8131 of 12713

Well that's your point, and you're welcome to it.

post #8132 of 12713

Now ask him what he thinks of Grand Seiko. :)

 

I like your shoes, Roger, as you know.  My only negative on the "goyser" stitching in general is that I'd like smaller stitches; looks neater.  I guess Norwegian might be the way to go.  But in general, I think if you're the kind of guy who wears tricolour spectators, you are equally able to say "and look at my goyser stitching and weep you motherfuckers, AND my Snowflake too...bite me!"  Which I rather like about you.  Along with your excellent taste in suits.

post #8133 of 12713

:D  Thank you Mimo my man - you are most kind.

post #8134 of 12713
What's the turnaround time for an MTO through Ascot?
post #8135 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonggoy View Post

Goyser welt has it's place.  They don't look right in a sleek last.  

What's color is the first set of shells?

Vass labelled those as "Antique Cognac" shell.
The third pair are also labelled as "Antique Cognac" but quite a bit darker in comparison.
post #8136 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

 "and look at my goyser stitching and weep you motherfuckers, AND my Snowflake too...bite me!"  Which I rather like about you.  Along with your excellent taste in suits.

mimo... very well put :)

post #8137 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I'm glad he broke his own rule.  These rank among my favourite shoes.
Rules are meant to be broken. Take it from a man who wrote a book on handmade shoes.
post #8138 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Now ask him what he thinks of Grand Seiko. smile.gif

I like your shoes, Roger, as you know.  My only negative on the "goyser" stitching in general is that I'd like smaller stitches; looks neater.  I guess Norwegian might be the way to go.  But in general, I think if you're the kind of guy who wears tricolour spectators, you are equally able to say "and look at my goyser stitching and weep you motherfuckers, AND my Snowflake too...bite me!"  Which I rather like about you.  Along with your excellent taste in suits.
From my experience only another gentleman who has an affinity for handmade shoes will ever notice the double or tri-color stitching on your oxfords or derby's as it would reflect a personal preference for quality footwear and a general sense of style and comfort.
post #8139 of 12713
Got my shipping confirmation, will reiceve both pairs Friday!
post #8140 of 12713

Congrats, VVV, look forward to the pics. :)

post #8141 of 12713
Hi all,

Looking for some direction. I'm trying to decide on my first pair of Vass shoes. I'm stuck between the double monk and the norweger, probably in cordovan leather. Any reason I should choose one over the other?
post #8142 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

Hi all,

Looking for some direction. I'm trying to decide on my first pair of Vass shoes. I'm stuck between the double monk and the norweger, probably in cordovan leather. Any reason I should choose one over the other?

both are fine choices.  you may want to go with the double monk if you want cordovan.  Mr. Vass prefers to use calf for the Norweger.  He felt the seams were a bit too thick using cordovan.  I know they have done Norweger's in cordovan in the past but that was the response I got when I inquired about a Norweger boot in cordovan.

post #8143 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

Hi all,

Looking for some direction. I'm trying to decide on my first pair of Vass shoes. I'm stuck between the double monk and the norweger, probably in cordovan leather. Any reason I should choose one over the other?

 

Base on your style, your work, your wardrobe and the shape of your foot, I say Norwerger in saddle shell, P2 last.

 

Double monks will work as well.  

 

 

:)

post #8144 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post

Hi all,

Looking for some direction. I'm trying to decide on my first pair of Vass shoes. I'm stuck between the double monk and the norweger, probably in cordovan leather. Any reason I should choose one over the other?

 

 

Very different shoes - none better than the other, just different.  Pick the one that would be the best fit for your existing shoe wardrobe.

post #8145 of 12713

In related Vass news, but at the pre-porn stage, my Old English II Ilcea Museum Calf arrived today.  These are almost too beautiful to wear.  Pics to come.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread