or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 541

post #8101 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

I know some have sized up by 1/2 from F last to U last. Would a G width in the U last work equally well instead of sizing up? Thank you.
I for one chose a G width in U and kept my size from F. It worked very well.
I also know one fellow SF member who tried both ways and prefer the G width option.
post #8102 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post

Would you both say the rather high instep of the U and K is unsuitable for someone with a moderately low instep? It seems really high when compared to EG888 and TG73. I was interested in a balmoral, which are usually good for me. 
I don't have any EG, but quite a few other makers. Vass (F and U, never tried other lasts) definitely have the highest insteps.
post #8103 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

I know some have sized up by 1/2 from F last to U last. Would a G width in the U last work equally well instead of sizing up? Thank you.

 

 

I wear a 43 in U, F and K lasts.  Standard widths all.

post #8104 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post

Would you both say the rather high instep of the U and K is unsuitable for someone with a moderately low instep? It seems really high when compared to EG888 and TG73. I was interested in a balmoral, which are usually good for me. 
I don't have any EG, but quite a few other makers. Vass (F and U, never tried other lasts) definitely have the highest insteps.

 

I have a high instep.  Vass has much higher instep than EG or GG. (82, 88, 202, 888, MH71, TG73) My oxford shoes from Vass F last are almost fully closed.

post #8105 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post

I have a high instep.  Vass has much higher instep than EG or GG. (82, 88, 202, 888, MH71, TG73) My oxford shoes from Vass F last are almost fully closed.

+1
post #8106 of 13469
What are people's experience with the dainite sole? I am thinking of ordering a new pair on that instead of vibram
post #8107 of 13469
I have one pair with Dainite. I haven't worn them much because they are a shade too small. Sole seems to be fine. The stitching around the toe of the sole is a little rough. But you may want to check with Vass on this, since word on the Epaulet x Vass thread is that Mr. Vass isn't offering Dainite right now because he wasn't happy with the way hand sewing them on worked. Or something like that. Point being, it may not currently be an option.
post #8108 of 13469
I wouldn't choose Dainite from Vass for the reasons mentioned above. If you have to have Dainite, there are multiple other brands to choose from.
post #8109 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

I for one chose a G width in U and kept my size from F. It worked very well.
I also know one fellow SF member who tried both ways and prefer the G width option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


I wear a 43 in U, F and K lasts.  Standard widths all.

Thanks guys. This makes me feel much better.
post #8110 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

I know some have sized up by 1/2 from F last to U last. Would a G width in the U last work equally well instead of sizing up? Thank you.

yes
post #8111 of 13469

A beautiful cognac calf by Vass

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #8112 of 13469
You produce nice photos, but they always seem to make the shoes look like the Concorde at rest-- not the most helpful way of assessing the style.
post #8113 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
 

 

I have a high instep.  Vass has much higher instep than EG or GG. (82, 88, 202, 888, MH71, TG73) My oxford shoes from Vass F last are almost fully closed.

 

Hmm, I wonder if adding arch support would mediate my flatter feet with the U last. I probably should go with EG or GG, but the value of Vass is so hard to beat (an MTO with lasted trees and hand-welting at 440 Euro?!?) 

post #8114 of 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

You produce nice photos, but they always seem to make the shoes look like the Concorde at rest-- not the most helpful way of assessing the style.

Hello Concordia,

 

Can you send me photos of how you would like to view the shoes - your feedback most welcome.

 

Sammy.

post #8115 of 13469

6 pairs of Vass suede / calf combo for a Swiss client.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread