or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 519

post #7771 of 11894
No problem at all.
post #7772 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Doing a pair of Norweger boots in the dark brown museum calf next...

Is there a list of other colors that vass has? Because I don't recall seeing museum calf.
post #7773 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Is there a list of other colors that vass has? Because I don't recall seeing museum calf.
Check out their online catalogue.
post #7774 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Doing a pair of Norweger boots in the dark brown museum calf next...

Is there a list of other colors that vass has? Because I don't recall seeing museum calf.


I read two shades of brown are available.  They ordered 6 colors, but only got 2 delivered and the tannery seems not be able to deliver in a prompt manner.  I am inquiring to Mr. Kuti, if I hear anything I will post here.

post #7775 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post


I read two shades of brown are available.  They ordered 6 colors, but only got 2 delivered and the tannery seems not be able to deliver in a prompt manner.  I am inquiring to Mr. Kuti, if I hear anything I will post here.
Rumors say that the tannery is insolvent and may go inte bankruptcy. Let's hope they manage to get it up and running again.
post #7776 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post


I read two shades of brown are available.  They ordered 6 colors, but only got 2 delivered and the tannery seems not be able to deliver in a prompt manner.  I am inquiring to Mr. Kuti, if I hear anything I will post here.

That's what I've heard as well. here is a picture Rezso sent me (I think the darker one is called +8 and lighter one -8)

All of ours were done with the darker museum calf.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcideneb View Post

H
How is the museum calf in real life? Similar to JL?

I've had the JL museum calf loafer (which I've sold few weeks back) and couldnt tell the difference. They are quite beautiful.

post #7777 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoo1983 View Post

 

 

 

 

Both look nice...Id love to see any make-ups on the lighter one. So far only the dark one seems to be popular.

post #7778 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllick View Post

Hope this helps someone, my sizing in vass:

7.5Uk c&j last 348
7uk rain carmina
7uk AS last 724
40.5 vass u last

Whoa: I'm a 7UK in the Rain last, but in 348 I go down to 6.5UK, not up. I am puzzled...
post #7779 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllick View Post

Hope this helps someone, my sizing in vass:

7.5Uk c&j last 348
7uk rain carmina
7uk AS last 724
40.5 vass u last
It would help me sir if I knew what your foot measured on the brannock device in US sizing.
post #7780 of 11894
Does vass have a calfskin of this color?



I think they have a red cognac color, is it like this?
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/31/13 at 6:51pm
post #7781 of 11894
Hi, i have a small sizing question. Would appreciate any input. My best fit Vass is a OE II F last in size 40F. The width is perfect. The heel is a bit roomy but not enough for heel slip. The toe part is a bit long as I prefer my toe to reach farther to the shoe tip. I also experimented the 39.5G, which is a bit snug but I think it will become more comfortable when break in. Comparing both sizes, I prefer the 40F fit. So, I think I am on the small size of 40F.

I am going to order a double monk in U last. My question is given I am a smaller 40F in F last, do I need to go 0.5 size up (so 40.5F) for U-last as recommended by some members here? Does double monk wear any smaller/ bigger compared to the Oxford models, such as Melton and OE II? Thanks.

The new museum calf in gold color for reference:
A8674515-C509-4C5F-A532-696BD86DB85E-4912-00000410CD323125.jpg
post #7782 of 11894

I can't say whether a double monk will wear smaller/bigger compared to oxfords, but judging on the vamp opening of the shoes above, I would size up to 40.5 for the U. I wear a size 40.5 on Vass' U last too, but in regular width.

 

I must add that the museum calf in gold looks good.

post #7783 of 11894
Zarium, lucky to find someone wearing the size 40.5 F (standard width) in U-last. Does it fit you perfectly? Do you have sizing references on other lasts, eg F last, Carmina Rain/ Robert last , or C&J 348 last?

I must echo that the gold museum is a very nice color in person. Depending on what color of the top you usually wear though. I found it less versatile than other darker choices, eg dark cognac, bourdeux, and museum dark brown. A drawback for me as I do not have a wide collection.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post

I can't say whether a double monk will wear smaller/bigger compared to oxfords, but judging on the vamp opening of the shoes above, I would size up to 40.5 for the U. I wear a size 40.5 on Vass' U last too, but in regular width.

I must add that the museum calf in gold looks good.
post #7784 of 11894

The U last fits me perfectly. I don't know what size I wear for the F last since my only experience with it is with two pairs of size 41 shoes that never fit me properly, but if I were to get a pair made on that last I'd get it done in size 40.

 

The other last that fits me as well as Vass' U is Meermin's Olfe. I take a UK 6.5. I also take a 6.5 for Meermin's Ama last.

 

I have two pairs of C&Js -- Westfield and Belgrave that I also wear 6.5 in, but those don't really fit me all that well and are uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. I attribute this to simply the lasts being unsuitable for my feet, because size-wise they're correct.

post #7785 of 11894
Quote:
Originally Posted by obama View Post

Hi, i have a small sizing question. Would appreciate any input. My best fit Vass is a OE II F last in size 40F. The width is perfect. The heel is a bit roomy but not enough for heel slip. The toe part is a bit long as I prefer my toe to reach farther to the shoe tip. I also experimented the 39.5G, which is a bit snug but I think it will become more comfortable when break in. Comparing both sizes, I prefer the 40F fit. So, I think I am on the small size of 40F.

I am going to order a double monk in U last. My question is given I am a smaller 40F in F last, do I need to go 0.5 size up (so 40.5F) for U-last as recommended by some members here? Does double monk wear any smaller/ bigger compared to the Oxford models, such as Melton and OE II? Thanks.

The new museum calf in gold color for reference:
A8674515-C509-4C5F-A532-696BD86DB85E-4912-00000410CD323125.jpg
Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread