or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 510

post #7636 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post


Very well, this was the best indoor lighting I could manage today:
Pictures (Click to show)




 

This is great, I got almost the same model except the details.

I'm not sure about the metal caps on the hills, suppose they make a sounds?

post #7637 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzo View Post

Just received my first pair of Vass's this week! They are MTO penny loafers based on the "Slipper 70" model - perfect for this summer's vacation in Italy...?

I ordered the decorative stitching in a round u-shape as opposed to the original square shape, which I think turned out nice.
Also I wanted Mr Vass to change the tongue (?) to be smaller and rounder compared to the square original shape. This turned out to be more of a problem. As Reszö put it when I questioned the finished shoe (got a picture prior to delivery): "I am really sorry but that was all what I was able to squeeze out from Mr. Vass. Really sorry! Hope you can accept this!". Well, I did. Here is the result:

U-last
Size EU 44,5 F-width with a bit of extra room at the toe box
Dark brown suede
JR leather soles

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Yes, the picture quality is courtesy by iPhone... Sorry for that!

 

Very nice pair, and the round toe really adds a charm to the U-last.

post #7638 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

This is great, I got almost the same model except the details.
I'm not sure about the metal caps on the hills, suppose they make a sounds?

The metal heel-pieces make quite a bang, but it matters little to me. If I were ever to break and enter, which is the only situation in which I would personally be concerned with the noise my steps make, I think I would forgo shoes altogether. tongue.gif

But, on a more serious note, I like the steel heel-pieces. I thought that since I was finally placing an order with Vass, I might as well have them made just as I imagined them, even if it might be a bit unconventional by the standards of today.
post #7639 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

The metal heel-pieces make quite a bang, but it matters little to me. If I were ever to break and enter, which is the only situation in which I would personally be concerned with the noise my steps make, I think I would forgo shoes altogether. tongue.gif

But, on a more serious note, I like the steel heel-pieces. I thought that since I was finally placing an order with Vass, I might as well have them made just as I imagined them, even if it might be a bit unconventional by the standards of today.

Where I work - in an American High School - I could not wear these. The cheap, hard "tile" floors are so damned slippery. I once had a pair of classic Florsheim V-Cleat Longwings and had to sell them, because I almost busted my ass a dozen times in two wearings. And I am fairly athletic.

Metal toe taps, though? Perfect.
post #7640 of 11891
Is there anyone who does proxy for SF'ers who would like vass?
post #7641 of 11891
I bought a couple of pairs from Ascot Shoes (based out of England) and Notch (based out of Belgium).
With Ascot Shoes, I bought models they already had in stock so I received my pairs within a week. With Notch, my pair had to be special ordered so it took roughly 7 weeks for me to receive them; he takes payment after the shoes are made and just before he ships them so one should not worry about the wait.
Both are highly recommended as they were excellent to deal with great communication and shipment. I live in Southern California and did not get charged customs duties on any of the pairs delivered.
post #7642 of 11891
So what's the difference between these lasts?

3636
P2 (new Peter?)
P3 (new Peter/3636??)
F

I'm going to get an alt wien, but the 3636's look blobby/gunboat-ish online, and I don't want them to look blobby.

So what're the differences between these lasts, and which would you recommend for the alt wien?
post #7643 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So what's the difference between these lasts?

3636
P2 (new Peter?)
P3 (new Peter/3636??)
F

I'm going to get an alt wien, but the 3636's look blobby/gunboat-ish online, and I don't want them to look blobby.

So what're the differences between these lasts, and which would you recommend for the alt wien?

 

P2 or F last for the Alt Wein...
post #7644 of 11891
I have the Alt Wien in P3 and 3636. While neither is a disaster, they're not especially flattered by the toe-cap which emphasizes width while reducing apparent length.


If you fit the F, that is the safest bet. Otherwise, I'd look first at Norweger or Budapester models.

Some of this may be size-specific, BTW. A few of the lasts tend to be a little ungainly if they're taken out of their sweet spot. I wear a 45.
post #7645 of 11891
great observations, concordia
post #7646 of 11891
I'm in love - latest aquisition Vass two tone Oxfords







cheerio
Joachim
post #7647 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by terradilavoro View Post

I'm in love - latest aquisition Vass two tone Oxfords
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





 



cheerio
Joachim

Hmm, those look vaguely familiar.smile.gif

 

 

 

Congrats.

post #7648 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Hmm, those look vaguely familiar.smile.gif






Congrats.

Thank you Dan. Guess yours are build on the F-Last.
Wear in good health.

cheerio
Joachim
post #7649 of 11891
Quote:
Originally Posted by terradilavoro View Post


Thank you Dan. Guess yours are build on the F-Last.
Wear in good health.

cheerio
Joachim

Thank you sir, and you as well.

 

That's correct, mine are on the F-Last.

 

 

Cheers,

 

Dan

post #7650 of 11891
Old English Oxford in cognac, chose 1.5 sole it's more dressier and elegant imho.




AppleMark
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread