or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 509

post #7621 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasky View Post

Gorgeous!
Are they bespoke or RTW?
Glad you like them! They are RTW, more or less anyway:-).
I took a RTW i liked, added a medallion from a shoe I found on SF and asked Rezsö if it could be combined. And here they are.
post #7622 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredandTired View Post

That's very helpful, I probably actually have wider feet than you do. I measure about 110mm across the ball and am a US 8E, UK 7 or 7.5.  I'm okay with a Carmina Rain last size 7 or 7.5 UK.  I think I've narrowed down my length to be 40.5, and would attempt a G width.  Does Vass do anything wider than a G currently?

Thanks again for your impressions.
[/quote
I do not know from own experience, but I've read that they do make a wider than G fit, bit only on certain models.
I suggest mailing Rezsö, he was very helpful. I took a picture on my dominant foot with a tape measure around the ball and he suggested the sizing and width.
My first shoe was ordered based on me saying that I was an UK8, and he suggested a 42F that turned out too large. He just told me to return them and they made a new one with no additional costs. Only the waiting time to get the new pair...
post #7623 of 10835
Just received my first pair of Vass's this week! They are MTO penny loafers based on the "Slipper 70" model - perfect for this summer's vacation in Italy...?

I ordered the decorative stitching in a round u-shape as opposed to the original square shape, which I think turned out nice.
Also I wanted Mr Vass to change the tongue (?) to be smaller and rounder compared to the square original shape. This turned out to be more of a problem. As Reszö put it when I questioned the finished shoe (got a picture prior to delivery): "I am really sorry but that was all what I was able to squeeze out from Mr. Vass. Really sorry! Hope you can accept this!". Well, I did. Here is the result:

U-last
Size EU 44,5 F-width with a bit of extra room at the toe box
Dark brown suede
JR leather soles




Yes, the picture quality is courtesy by iPhone... Sorry for that!
post #7624 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzo View Post

Just received my first pair of Vass's this week! They are MTO penny loafers based on the "Slipper 70" model - perfect for this summer's vacation in Italy...?

I ordered the decorative stitching in a round u-shape as opposed to the original square shape, which I think turned out nice.
Also I wanted Mr Vass to change the tongue (?) to be smaller and rounder compared to the square original shape. This turned out to be more of a problem. As Reszö put it when I questioned the finished shoe (got a picture prior to delivery): "I am really sorry but that was all what I was able to squeeze out from Mr. Vass. Really sorry! Hope you can accept this!". Well, I did. Here is the result:

U-last
Size EU 44,5 F-width with a bit of extra room at the toe box
Dark brown suede
JR leather soles

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 


Yes, the picture quality is courtesy by iPhone... Sorry for that!

Very nice, Congrats.

post #7625 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

I must say, Vass sizing is quite interesting. I take a UK8.5 or a 9, and I ordered my boots in 42,5. When I first put them on without lacing them up, I immediately thought that they were too big. However, after lacing them up and walking about a bit on the carpet, I was happily surprised! While there was plenty of space for my toes, there was no heel slippage while taking normal strides. I think that I could probably pull of a 42 on the P2, but seeing as the 42,5 actually works just fine, it's actually freakishly comfortable thus far, I won't stress it, but if I were to order a shoe on the P2 then I would probably go for a 42.

 

Good work on the shoes Swede and Jakehero......Given the inconsistency with smaller Vass sizes, I guess you will need to double check your seller provides a good after care or exchange service.
post #7626 of 10835

I know there are quite a few existing proxy services, however, I am planning a trip to Budapest and would love to organise either a group buy so we can get a reduction, or simply just pick up some shoes for people and post them to wherever they are at cost price. Anyone who is interested in this... PM me.

post #7627 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Good work on the shoes Swede and Jakehero......Given the inconsistency with smaller Vass sizes, I guess you will need to double check your seller provides a good after care or exchange service.
Thanx Ilovelobbs. Very happy, on my feet for real for the first time today. Fit is great.
My seller is Vass. My first pair from them turned out being too roomy. No problems at all to have a new pair made and exchange them. Actually suggested from their side as soon as I told they were too large. No extra costs.
post #7628 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzo View Post

Just received my first pair of Vass's this week! They are MTO penny loafers based on the "Slipper 70" model - perfect for this summer's vacation in Italy...?

I ordered the decorative stitching in a round u-shape as opposed to the original square shape, which I think turned out nice.
Also I wanted Mr Vass to change the tongue (?) to be smaller and rounder compared to the square original shape. This turned out to be more of a problem. As Reszö put it when I questioned the finished shoe (got a picture prior to delivery): "I am really sorry but that was all what I was able to squeeze out from Mr. Vass. Really sorry! Hope you can accept this!". Well, I did. Here is the result:

U-last
Size EU 44,5 F-width with a bit of extra room at the toe box
Dark brown suede
JR leather soles




Yes, the picture quality is courtesy by iPhone... Sorry for that!

 

Anzo - very neat loafers....U last on loafers looks very formal.
post #7629 of 10835
We got some sun over here today, so I took the opportunity to snap some outdoor pictures to get some more accurate colour representation. They've only been brushed a bit, so I think that I can bring out some more shine eventually.
Warning: Pictures (Click to show)





post #7630 of 10835
Nice orange and light tan tones going on in that makeup.
post #7631 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

No, these are made by a freelance shoe maker based in Northampton. He does freelance work for the likes of JL, EG and others....Was introduced by a friend and I'll find out in a few months time when it's fully complete....
I'd like to know more. may you share?
post #7632 of 10835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

We got some sun over here today, so I took the opportunity to snap some outdoor pictures to get some more accurate colour representation. They've only been brushed a bit, so I think that I can bring out some more shine eventually.
Warning: Pictures (Click to show)





They're even better looking in the sun.
post #7633 of 10835
wowwwwwww
post #7634 of 10835
thinking about getting the alt wiens in 3636, but not sure on the color. was thinking about cognac (to get away from browns and burgundy's) but worried the lightness of the cognac will just look sun bleached and old after a while. Any thoughts?

Also, any recommendations on what color I should get (if cognac isnt a god choice)
Edited by venividivicibj - 7/6/13 at 10:39am
post #7635 of 10835

^^ Cognac looks awesome on these styles from what I've seen.  And it will get darker, not lighter.  Go for it!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread