or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 493

post #7381 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Gentlemen, is there a consensus on this thread as to a preference between a Vass calfskin or a shell cordovan dress shoe?

I don't think you'll ever get a consensus on that as it relates to Vass or any other brand.  These are different materials with different properties.  Some prefer one to the other and some like both.  Choice is good.  Why do we need consensus?

post #7382 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Gentlemen, is there a consensus on this thread as to a preference between a Vass calfskin or a shell cordovan dress shoe?

There are plenty of opinions, differences, and pros/cons of each leather however they are not unique to Vass. Generally, calf is better suited to "dressier" shoes while shell really shines with more casual offerings. The rest is up to regional personal preference, weather conditions, budget
post #7383 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I don't think you'll ever get a consensus on that as it relates to Vass or any other brand.  These are different materials with different properties.  Some prefer one to the other and some like both.  Choice is good.  Why do we need consensus?
I understand the difference between consensus and opinion. Excuse me please for I was not consice in my query. I believe I was looking for an opinion based upon personal experience.
post #7384 of 11676
I have both and wear both based on how it goes with what I'm wearing, I care less whether it is calf or cordovan. Few things that I feel gets more precedence is the last of the shoes aka budapester, 3636, nst etc vs old english, oxford etc.
post #7385 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notch View Post

I uploaded the price list some time ago, price for a RTW calf boot is €520 + €30 for shoe trees, however the price list also says "Calf leather half boots and boots have special prices in MTO category"

Since any alteriation from their online catalogue is consided a MTO, the price will be in the €600 range for just the boots of you plan on ordering a boot that isn't in their online catalogue. For your information, that's here: http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Modellek_00_UjModellek.html

Thanks.
post #7386 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


I understand the difference between consensus and opinion. Excuse me please for I was not consice in my query. I believe I was looking for an opinion based upon personal experience.

All of my Vass shoes are calfskin.  I have shell by Carmina and AE.  I'd love to add Vass shell to the mix one day.  As you have probably gathered, I like both.

post #7387 of 11676
post #7388 of 11676
Quote:
Good looking shoes. Unfortunately I wear an EU45.
post #7389 of 11676
yda2ahu6.jpg

Finally cleaned and renod the vassshhhh
post #7390 of 11676
^^^ Lookin' good.
post #7391 of 11676
Anyone owns a size 42 f lasted shoe, what US size are you? Having second thoughts on my order, might be too big. Vass causing me a bit of sleepless nights since I did the transfer.
post #7392 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

yda2ahu6.jpg

Finally cleaned and renod the vassshhhh

nephew,
good job, enjoy wearing
post #7393 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by blehbleh View Post

Anyone owns a size 42 f lasted shoe, what US size are you? Having second thoughts on my order, might be too big. Vass causing me a bit of sleepless nights since I did the transfer.

 

I do. And I am a TTS US9. The fit (at least on the 2eyelet derby) is flawless.

post #7394 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc2000 View Post

U tree, size 43, from about a year ago. BTW, as far as I know, Vass does not supply half sized trees. I have a few pairs of 43.5 that were delivered with 43 trees.


agreed. they really need to size up
post #7395 of 11676

 

 

 

A pair of MTO for a client.  Enjoy. 

 

Ascot Shoes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread