or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 457

post #6841 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigland View Post

Does anyone have the size of Vass down to a science yet? I thought I was done until rezo told me I should go up half a size for the U-last. I'm usually a C&J 9 and according to the reference sheet he sent me I should be a 9,5 in Vass.

 

So the question is: Should I go up to a 10 or just get the 9,5 in G-width?

My impression is that Renzo tends to overestimate sizes. My personal recommendation would be to go for the smaller size, but then again I'm new to Vass sizing.

post #6842 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle13 View Post

My impression is that Renzo tends to overestimate sizes. My personal recommendation would be to go for the smaller size, but then again I'm new to Vass sizing.
I agree on this. I had to return my first pair (F-last) and have it sized down a full size versus the size Rezso recommended based on what i have since before. I am typically between 7.5 and 8 UK; often 7.5 is too narrow but 8 is sligthly large. He recommended size 42, but i had fully closed lacing despite an extra insole and still had heel slipage.
post #6843 of 10810

Thank you both!

 

So basically I would do well in just ordering the regular size? My feet pretty much fits perfectly in the C&J 9E, how are the differences between the width between Vass and C&J?

post #6844 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle13 View Post

Thanks, that's what I theorized initially. Do you have any wrinkles towards the edge of the wingtip or 'ends of the wing'? Pardon my poor shoe vocab.

Wrikles are on the vamp, but they're not as pronounced as on the captoe. I do wear the captoe more often though, but still.
post #6845 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle13 View Post

Thanks, that's what I theorized initially. Do you have any wrinkles towards the edge of the wingtip or 'ends of the wing'? Pardon my poor shoe vocab.

For me, the cap toes minimize the creasing. For some of my wingtip designs, there are creases on the ends. The only ones that do not have these are my Alden LWBs.
post #6846 of 10810
I just received my Vass U last black wingtip barmoral. In terms of size, follow your usual UK shoe size. I brought my Vass in UK9, it fits me very well. I find the shape of the shoe virtually the same as Anthony Cleverley RTW last.

For reference, I wear UK9 normal width for every shoe maker, except G&G in UK9.5 in their soft square last.
post #6847 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigland View Post

Thank you both!

So basically I would do well in just ordering the regular size? My feet pretty much fits perfectly in the C&J 9E, how are the differences between the width between Vass and C&J?
I wear 8 in C&J 337, Carmina Rain and AS 109. 7.5 in AS 87. For Vass F-last 41 was the right size (I was recommended 42 from Vass). Never (yet..) tried U-las. For F, i think the fit issue originated from an unusually high instep compared to the ohers, not from width or lenght.
post #6848 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


I agree on this. I had to return my first pair (F-last) and have it sized down a full size versus the size Rezso recommended based on what i have since before. I am typically between 7.5 and 8 UK; often 7.5 is too narrow but 8 is sligthly large. He recommended size 42, but i had fully closed lacing despite an extra insole and still had heel slipage.

My foot size is exactly the same size as yours, how strange... And yes, Renzo recommended me 42 on the F last too.

 

I got 41.5 against his advice, and it was slightly too big as well. But I stuck with the shoe and filled it with an insole and heel grip (the latter is quite useless).

 

 

 

Can anyone comment if the U and F last has the same width at the ball of the foot? How about length from heel to ball? Does the U have less volume under the vamp than the F?

 

How is instep volume different from volume under the vamp?

post #6849 of 10810
I will try to help once again, please take note:

UK7 = US8 = 40.5 in the F
UK7.5 = US8.5 = 41 in the F
UK8 = US9 = 41.5 in the F and so forth

If GG, replace UK size for half size bigger, I can almost guarantee that is 90% accurate. Maybe the other 10% have wide or fat feet. For the U last if you have narrow feet (like me), same size as F, but must people upsize by half a size.

Just don't pay attention to what Vass says, they don't know, they have no idea.
post #6850 of 10810
Also, I would like to say the first order should be a laced model, ideally an oxford, this allows the widest mitigation on fit.

Also, I strongly encourage AC RTW as a reference point, it is pretty much the same, except the heel is cut higher on the Vass.
post #6851 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Also, I would like to say the first order should be a laced model, ideally an oxford, this allows the widest mitigation on fit.

Also, I strongly encourage AC RTW as a reference point, it is pretty much the same, except the heel is cut higher on the Vass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

I will try to help once again, please take note:

UK7 = US8 = 40.5 in the F
UK7.5 = US8.5 = 41 in the F
UK8 = US9 = 41.5 in the F and so forth

If GG, replace UK size for half size bigger, I can almost guarantee that is 90% accurate. Maybe the other 10% have wide or fat feet. For the U last if you have narrow feet (like me), same size as F, but must people upsize by half a size.

Just don't pay attention to what Vass says, they don't know, they have no idea.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


I agree on this. I had to return my first pair (F-last) and have it sized down a full size versus the size Rezso recommended based on what i have since before. I am typically between 7.5 and 8 UK; often 7.5 is too narrow but 8 is sligthly large. He recommended size 42, but i had fully closed lacing despite an extra insole and still had heel slipage.

 

I appreciate it's a mine field when you're dealing with Vass sizing and styling for the first time.  Reszo & Co are knowledgeable when it comes to sizing and comparison of their own product. 

If you are relying on them to assist with recommendation based on your current sizing with other makers: Lobb; Edward Green; Cleverleys and Crocketts etc... then it's more tricky. 

Vass do not sell these branded shoes and cannot possibly give a true like for like comparison.  They may not have come across any of the other makers first hand unless a customer was to walk into their store and show them the English made shoes. 

 

I don't think Vass are being snobby, it's probably more snobbery the other way round.  Imagine emailing EG; Lobbs & Cleverley and telling them you're so & so size in the Vass F, U & K last,

and you wanted the exact fitting and for the Lobbs & EG. 

 

One, they will probably never reply.

Two, if they do (Chogall will agree), they will add a C and tell you to F.U.#.K off....because they don't have a clue on the Vass fitting. 

 

When I first ventured into Vass I used a proxy with experience in selling other branded shoes - The guys at Ascot Shoes have experience selling Lobb, EG, C&J's; Cleverleys; SC.

Their insight can help with the like-for-like comparison of other shoes. I am also aware there are guys like Tom Brone and Kolecho who can assist with a 2nd opinion on Vass sizing.

I just received an email from Ascot they be receiving over 70 pairs of RTW Vass shoes in the next 3-4 weeks. With prices starting from £395 exc VAT.    

post #6852 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

UK7 = US8 = 40.5 in the F
UK7.5 = US8.5 = 41 in the F
UK8 = US9 = 41.5 in the F and so forth

This is consistent with my experience.

My left foot is a UK6 in C&J lasts 236, 337 and 348.
My right foot is right at the verge of UK6 to UK6.5.
After two pairs which came out too large I was undecided between EU40 and EU39.5 in the F last.
In the end I went with EU39.5 and received the shoes this friday.
I have only worn them on a carpet at home so far but am satisfied with the fit.

By the way, I recommend getting half size bigger than shoes one piece shoe trees.
The pair in EU40.5 I received came with EU40 trees and they were very loose.
For my pair in EU39.5 I asked Mr. Kuti to ship them with EU40 trees and they sit in the shoes perfectly.
Edited by Louis XIV - 4/28/13 at 12:57am
post #6853 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post


I just received an email from Ascot they be receiving over 70 pairs of RTW Vass shoes in the next 3-4 weeks. With prices starting from £395 exc VAT.    

If so, that would be absolutely fantastic - but that's the equivalent of about US$300 less than they charge via their eBay store, so it's also rather surprising to hear.
post #6854 of 10810

^^  Yes, that sounds almost too good to be true.  Have Vass really got that much margin to give a wholesale price?  From a practical point of view, it makes the difference in price small enough for Ascot to be a viable alternative.

post #6855 of 10810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

^^  Yes, that sounds almost too good to be true.  Have Vass really got that much margin to give a wholesale price?  From a practical point of view, it makes the difference in price small enough for Ascot to be a viable alternative.


Eh, what?

 

That price is just similar to most proxies pricing except that Ascot still charges shipping on top.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread