or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 414

post #6196 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ rogerp makes very good posts. Also Vass doesn't deduct the 20% vat making ascot that much more relatively attractive

 

They did for me?

post #6197 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

They did for me?


Are you sure it's not just a cash discount Vass offered you.

 

I have never been offered this VAT deduction when I asked them to send to my Swiss address.

post #6198 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post


Are you sure it's not just a cash discount Vass offered you.

 

I have never been offered this VAT deduction when I asked them to send to my Swiss address.

 

They do deduct VAT.If you pay cash, you get a further discount. 

post #6199 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

They did for me?


Are you sure it's not just a cash discount Vass offered you.

 

I have never been offered this VAT deduction when I asked them to send to my Swiss address.

 

A pair of calf shoes on the F last cost me 390 EUR shipped to Australia including trees. From what I gather that's full price minus VAT.

post #6200 of 11676
whaaaat? cash discount if buying in store?

i bought a pair in september via mail mto and paid full list price and covered the wire transfer fee. thats like cash
post #6201 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Thanks was looking at ascot for some other shoes

 

When I go on their ebay store - I ignore their ebay prices. Ascot tell me they are makred-up to accommodate the

extortionate ebay fees.

 

I naturally take 20% VAT off and email them the shoes I like. And most of the time it comes to about 25% off for 

buying direct with them.

post #6202 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

whaaaat? cash discount if buying in store?

i bought a pair in september via mail mto and paid full list price and covered the wire transfer fee. thats like cash

 

Pretty sure they offer a discount to cash sales made in store. I wouldn't expect the same to apply to a wire transfer. 

 

I bought my pair end of last year. I just asked Rezso if they deducted VAT and he did *shrug*.

post #6203 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

whaaaat? cash discount if buying in store?

i bought a pair in september via mail mto and paid full list price and covered the wire transfer fee. thats like cash

 

Nope, the discount applies if you go to their shop in Budapest and pay them in cash. i have a friend living in Budapest, 5 minutes away from the Vass shop. I just transfer the money to his local account in my country and he will pay Vass cash for my shoes. Saves on transfer fees.

post #6204 of 11676
thanks guys. ill be in budapest, mid-April. will see if it works (for me) happy.gif
post #6205 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post


Oh....this pair gonna bling in the office...I just love the contrasting toe cap.

 

You must be some high flying Wall St. Lawyer. 

Thank you, and thanks greatly for the comparisons to the different Lasts in relation to what I already have. This was of great assistance.

 

Cheers,

 

Dan

post #6206 of 11676
also, if you guys are on the fence about something and have any strange requests that mr. kuti cant accomodate (i.e. pictures of certain models next to one another, or colors) let me know. ill try and do my best
post #6207 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post


I have used Ascot Shoes in the past for my maiden voyage into the Vass brand - very knowledgeable guys with experience in other

English brands like EG & Lobbs, so their advice and comparison on other shoe brands paramount into getting my first

Vass correctly.  

 

Business has recently allowed me to travel to Budapest frequently last year, so I am in a fortunate position to buy direct

& order with cash in the store. Ascot and other SF members seem to be very reliable and knowledgeable in the Vass

brand, so you can't go wrong, either way.

 

Ascot started a sale this weekend - so picked up a pair of RTW Old English Chelsea for $595 exc VAT

and sent to my Swiss work place - I instructed them to use normal post, so there be no fees to pay.    

 

I am not sure how they do it, but they have sourced some extremely hard to find Lobbs for me in the past.

I actually recieved an email from Ascot after my posting that made the same comparrison in Lasts that you did which was extremely helpful. They appear to have a return policy for their MTO's which might be benificial even though I don't want to have to use it.

 

Like you've noted the advertised prices on eBay includes the VAT price, so this was a nice surprise when the actual quote ended up being less. I'm sure I'm paying more by doing it this way, but given everything I think I made the right decision.

post #6208 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

A pair of calf shoes on the F last cost me 390 EUR shipped to Australia including trees. From what I gather that's full price minus VAT.


Are you saying the full price with VAT was about  €469 in the EU.

post #6209 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I actually recieved an email from Ascot after my posting that made the same comparrison in Lasts that you did which was extremely helpful. They appear to have a return policy for their MTO's which might be benificial even though I don't want to have to use it.

 

Like you've noted the advertised prices on eBay includes the VAT price, so this was a nice surprise when the actual quote ended up being less. I'm sure I'm paying more by doing it this way, but given everything I think I made the right decision.

 

Ascot return policy very helpful - I live the UK but have all my items shipped to my Swiss work place to take advantage of the VAT deduction.  

post #6210 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

also, if you guys are on the fence about something and have any strange requests that mr. kuti cant accomodate (i.e. pictures of certain models next to one another, or colors) let me know. ill try and do my best


Namor,

 

have fun in Budapest and bring an empty suitcase - remember to check out the other shoe makers, you'll find some interesting shoes on display. 

Cash is King in Budapest -

 

Check out the popular Menzi's Restaurant - attractive prices and cool place to chill out and watch the locals about their daily life. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread