or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 392

post #5866 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Hehe...Mr Vass dont like to do triple sole but for you we will do. (Just a guess)

 

I knew someone would say that lol8[1].gif

post #5867 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post


@Tombrone, I think Vass should address the one problem which causes the greatest confusion amongst customers, sizing.

This is the only reason I have not ordered a pair.
post #5868 of 11765

How would you guys say that Vass and AS Exclusive compare quality wise? I know there will be a bias since this is a Vass thread but I have a pair of Vass that I love but at the same time the AS Exclusive Moore looks very nice... I know the major difference is gemming vs hand welted,, how much of a difference is this really? I mean G&G are gemmed and they are considered some of the best RTW shoes out there... I have to say the AS finishing is a step up from Vass, any input is appreciated.

post #5869 of 11765

^^^ Which Vass pair do you own?  I have no experience with AS, so can't offer comment, but I was wondering which shoes you are basing your impressions of the Vass lineup upon.

 

I do know that I have compared my Vass shoes to several Edward Green models (two retailers of the latter near my office) and styling preferences aside, I can find little reason to justify the significant premium for the EGs.

post #5870 of 11765

I didn't know that the MTO route allows altering of width.

 

What does the standard width in the F last correspond to on the US width scale? Width does not vary across models on the same last, right?

post #5871 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ Which Vass pair do you own?  I have no experience with AS, so can't offer comment, but I was wondering which shoes you are basing your impressions of the Vass lineup upon.

 

I do know that I have compared my Vass shoes to several Edward Green models (two retailers of the latter near my office) and styling preferences aside, I can find little reason to justify the significant premium for the EGs.

I have a pair of double monks in the U-last.

 

As for price difference they would be very close in price. 

post #5872 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

How would you guys say that Vass and AS Exclusive compare quality wise? I know there will be a bias since this is a Vass thread but I have a pair of Vass that I love but at the same time the AS Exclusive Moore looks very nice... I know the major difference is gemming vs hand welted,, how much of a difference is this really? I mean G&G are gemmed and they are considered some of the best RTW shoes out there... I have to say the AS finishing is a step up from Vass, any input is appreciated.


It's not even close, i've owned 2 pairs of AS Exclusive and sold them almost inmediately, I have C&J handgrades and also not close to Vass (but better than AS Exclusive). IMO to compare to Vass you have to go to a much higher price, over 1K like EG and GG etc.. (I've never seen in person AS handgrades but they look great in pictures).

Right now I'm in love with G&G but will have to sell at least 3 pairs (due to personal rules) to get the Carlisle smile.gif
post #5873 of 11765

Group shot porn.

 

post #5874 of 11765

Great shoes, and impressive photography too.

post #5875 of 11765
Hey fellow resident VASS experts, I need your help in determining my size...I have gone through almost all pages in the thread, however, I yet found one that is the same size as my small feet baldy[1].gif

I wear UK 6E in EG 202 last, US 6.5 B/D in Alden Hampton & Leydon lasts, US 6.5D in AE, UK 5.5-6E in C&J 325 last, US 6.5D in BB/C&J 240 last, US 7D in BB/C&J 317 last. My feet have relatively high arches.

What size should I get for VASS U, F, & P2 last?

Thanks very much.
Edited by A Guy from Shanghai - 3/1/13 at 3:11pm
post #5876 of 11765
Guys, what is the difference in fit between Peter and New Peter (P2)? New Peter is fantastic on me.
post #5877 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai View Post

Hey fellow resident VASS experts, I need your help in determining my size...I have gone through almost all pages in the thread, however, I yet found one that is the same size as my small feet baldy[1].gif

I wear UK 6E in EG 202 last, US 6.5 B/D in Alden Hampton & Leydon lasts, US 6.5D in AE, UK 5.5-6E in C&J 325 last, US 6.5D in BB/C&J 240 last, US 7D in BB/C&J 317 last. My feet have relatively high arches.

What size should I get for VASS U, F, & P2 last?

Thanks very much.

 


To give you idea of my size and what I wear and tried on in Vass shoes:

 

I have many EG 202 in size 10E = My Vass on U & F are 44 - I don't like the P2, but P2 on 43.5 fits me fine.

 

Some of your C&J last are the wide country style which I have never owned.

post #5878 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Group shot porn.

 


The Double Monks are awesome!

post #5879 of 11765
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

How would you guys say that Vass and AS Exclusive compare quality wise? I know there will be a bias since this is a Vass thread but I have a pair of Vass that I love but at the same time the AS Exclusive Moore looks very nice... I know the major difference is gemming vs hand welted,, how much of a difference is this really? I mean G&G are gemmed and they are considered some of the best RTW shoes out there... I have to say the AS finishing is a step up from Vass, any input is appreciated.


Any challenge is appreciated: I don't think you have seen a pair of Vass in real life....more like AS finishing is at least 2 steps below Vass.

post #5880 of 11765

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread