or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 358

post #5356 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoo-man View Post

Some other Vass l have bought over the years

F last




F last




F last (shell)




3636 last (shell)




Budapest last




3636 last  shell (the nicest looking Vass shoe ever made imo)



good looking family
post #5357 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

How did you size the 3636? Is this your first experience with the last or do to have a shoe on it already?

I went 43.5 for a10.5 D fitting. We'll see.
post #5358 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

An update on my return to Vass.

I returned the package through a German postal office using DHL international shipping, which includes insurance and tracking.
The package took several days to arrive in Hungary and I was confident it would soon arrive Mr. Kuti but suddenly the tracking said the package was unable to be delivered and stored.
I called the German DHL customer service and was told the package gets handled in Hungary by the Hungarian postal service EPG.
The package had not yet been sent back to Germany and possibly could be picked up by Mr. Kuti from EPG.
As I don't speak Hungarian to give Vass a call I sent them an email explaining the situation.
I just received following reply
So I can only advise anyone sending a package to Vass to go for FedEx shipping instead of other shipping options as I am afraid packages are likely to be lost by EPG or might at least mean greater effort to Mr. Kuti, like in my case.

Also I'd like to once again stress how satisfied I am with the service of Mr. Kuti and Vass.
They have been an absolut pleasure to deal with, especially looking at what problems I have put them through.

One pair I sent to a Hungarian friend arrived. Another pair arrived back Down Under 6 months later!
post #5359 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

I went 43.5 for a10.5 D fitting. We'll see.
Thanks. I have some shoes on the New Peter coming and was advised 45 for an 11D fitting. My hope is that they'll be manageably too big at worst. Good luck with yours.
post #5360 of 12713

Just placed an order for some Theresianer high boots in antique cognac scotchgrain. Looking forward to them. I am a TTS 8.5 D and went with a 41.5. We'll see. 

post #5361 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thanks. I have some shoes on the New Peter coming and was advised 45 for an 11D fitting. My hope is that they'll be manageably too big at worst. Good luck with yours.

i thought 45 in new peter was equivalent to us12..
post #5362 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i thought 45 in new peter was equivalent to us12..
Noted that when reading through the thread and viewing some of your contributions. Depending on how the overall volume works out, I may be ok. I do wear 11.5 in some shoes when I need to. We'll see. The first try on these things is always a little dicey. I'd promise to mail them directly to you, Namor, and just invoice you for them if they are in fact too big for me, but they aren't shell. :-)
post #5363 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thanks. I have some shoes on the New Peter coming and was advised 45 for an 11D fitting. My hope is that they'll be manageably too big at worst. Good luck with yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i thought 45 in new peter was equivalent to us12..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Noted that when reading through the thread and viewing some of your contributions. Depending on how the overall volume works out, I may be ok. I do wear 11.5 in some shoes when I need to. We'll see. The first try on these things is always a little dicey. I'd promise to mail them directly to you, Namor, and just invoice you for them if they are in fact too big for me, but they aren't shell. :-)

I'm a us10 and went with a 43 on the P2 for an almost perfect fitt, so my guess is 45 will be a bit big for you. You should be a 44-44.5
post #5364 of 12713

On the P2, 11D is almost certainly 44. Im a 9D and ordered a loafer in 42 on that last. Its very comfortable with a little more room than snug...and I prefer it that way.

post #5365 of 12713
Anyone wear the same size F and U Last?

I can size down half in C&J on 348/337 last compared to other C&J. I wear a 44 in F and am looking at a pair of U Last in 44.

Thanks
post #5366 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thanks. I have some shoes on the New Peter coming and was advised 45 for an 11D fitting. My hope is that they'll be manageably too big at worst. Good luck with yours.

I wear 45 in P2 (snug on the instep but otherwise pretty slick) and I have wide feet, probably an 11.5 wide in most US sizes. 12W on Sperry Top-Siders, and 11EEE on the Alden Barrie last, IIRC.

So yours might be a little too large.
post #5367 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

I hope you will all excuse a sizing question. I am looking at a pair of Vass on the P2 last. I wear 10.5E or 11D in Alden Barrie and UK 10.5 wide or UK 11 regular fitting in Carmina Forest last. What is the collective wisdom on P2 sizing? 44? 44.5?

Hoping to order these shortly and will be happy to post photos upon arrival.

Wish everyone had been around to offer advice a month ago (smile.gif), although Rezső's advice was that 44.5 in the P2 is a 10.5 regular fitting and he and I decided on 45 since my foot is a little wide. I am assuming these shoes (oiled green boxcalf Alt Wien on a double sole, by the way) will be on the large side at this point. The question remains by how much, and I'll find out when I lace them up. I'm not really worried about it. Looking forward to judging the fit and pretty excited to see a pair of Vass in real life, in fact.

If the fit doesn't allow for some minor adjustments to make them wearable, I will look to sell rather than return them, despite the fact that it seems Vass will allow a return for sizing. I can't imagine the return shipping costs and trouble (considering what I've read here) will be worth it. Particularly after paying inbound shipping, wire transfer costs, and import duty as well. Some significant transaction costs for Vass...
post #5368 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


One pair I sent to a Hungarian friend arrived. Another pair arrived back Down Under 6 months later!


I also sent back a pair to Reszo using regular post services, and they weren't delivered and sent back to me...

I had to use fed-ex to see them delivered.

 

Beside that, anybody to help me with this http://www.styleforum.net/t/130044/the-ultimate-vass-porn-thread/5340#post_6047468 ?

post #5369 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Thanks. I have some shoes on the New Peter coming and was advised 45 for an 11D fitting. My hope is that they'll be manageably too big at worst. Good luck with yours.

That does not make sense from what I've read. One of us is going to be sad.
post #5370 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Wish everyone had been around to offer advice a month ago (smile.gif), although Rezső's advice was that 44.5 in the P2 is a 10.5 regular fitting and he and I decided on 45 since my foot is a little wide. I am assuming these shoes (oiled green boxcalf Alt Wien on a double sole, by the way) will be on the large side at this point. The question remains by how much, and I'll find out when I lace them up. I'm not really worried about it. Looking forward to judging the fit and pretty excited to see a pair of Vass in real life, in fact.

If the fit doesn't allow for some minor adjustments to make them wearable, I will look to sell rather than return them, despite the fact that it seems Vass will allow a return for sizing. I can't imagine the return shipping costs and trouble (considering what I've read here) will be worth it. Particularly after paying inbound shipping, wire transfer costs, and import duty as well. Some significant transaction costs for Vass...

You sure he didn't mean 10.5 UK? This seems on point, as that'd be a 11.5 US in Vass speak.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread