or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 352

post #5266 of 13373

Does anyone else have shoes with rubber toe taps that can say how they hold up over time? Also does anyone know why vass doesn't want to put metal toe taps on a single sole? I know G&G does for example....

post #5267 of 13373
Recent purchase and they fit !!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
post #5268 of 13373

Beautiful! Is that the U last? 

post #5269 of 13373
What are the most cost effective service providers for the required wire transfer payment method.

It would be great if you mentioned percentages, fees, etc.
post #5270 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

Beautiful! Is that the U last? 


Yup chuffed to bits with them
post #5271 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

What are the most cost effective service providers for the required wire transfer payment method.
It would be great if you mentioned percentages, fees, etc.

Western Union has a service (http://onlinefx.westernunion.com/). Wire transfer fee is $22, but the exchange rate is about 1.5%-2% off the market in their favor. I imagine that's going to be the case in most instances though.
post #5272 of 13373
Wow, nice make-up looks like i found my next order smile.gif
post #5273 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I don't have any Alden or AE shoes....I had a pair of Alden suede loafers on the Van Last but they were so ugly after a few wears, I threw them away.

 

Oops, sorry. I was going through several pages and got names confused... I meant this one:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post


22 pair of Vass
3 C&J for Brooks Brothers
2 Crockett & Jones
2 Gaziano & Girling
2 Alden
2 Allen Edmonds
1 Paprika
1 Carmina
1 Salvatore Ferragamo
1 Cheaney
Vass is about 60% of total
 
rikod, since you've got Alden, AE, and Vass, how does your Barrie or AE 5 last compare to Vass lasts' shape and sizing?
post #5274 of 13373
I haven't found this infobit yet: does Vass use chrome-tanned or veg-tanned calf uppers? I know they favour Rendenbach's soles and welts, but this part has gone past me.
post #5275 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Vass in black


What type of leather are these? I can never get a decent shone out of my vass'.
post #5276 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

I haven't found this infobit yet: does Vass use chrome-tanned or veg-tanned calf uppers? I know they favour Rendenbach's soles and welts, but this part has gone past me.

Chrome tanned (boxcalf).

I don't know anyone that uses veg-tanned uppers unless it's a veg re-tan.

actually, I lie, but the veg tan ones are far more rugged and usually cow or horse, not calf.
post #5277 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I don't have any Alden or AE shoes....I had a pair of Alden suede loafers on the Van Last but they were so ugly after a few wears, I threw them away.

You threw away a pair of Aldens?  ffffuuuu.gif

post #5278 of 13373

^^ A bit extreme I know, but they started to enrage me when I looked at the shit quality of the suede. And they wouldve looked pathetic on a buy and sell ad so there you go. I even have a pair of Sid Mashburn double monks that I am over but maybe I will sell those instead as they are nice.

post #5279 of 13373
Just to chime in on the whole F and U last debate--if I was only allowed to wear one of the two for the rest of my life, I would definitely choose the F last. It is much more versatile, and much more classic. But there is no reason why one should forego the U last. To me, it fits considerably better than the F last, and is a great change of pace. Plus, it is just damned sexy.
post #5280 of 13373
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Chrome tanned (boxcalf).
I don't know anyone that uses veg-tanned uppers unless it's a veg re-tan.
actually, I lie, but the veg tan ones are far more rugged and usually cow or horse, not calf.

Crockett & Jones handgrades are made of vegetable tanned uppers, for example.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread