or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 326

post #4876 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

I have a feeling that's Bordeaux 

 

There's an Oxblood model in the catalogue which is exactly the same as that center shoe, but I think you are right, because the shoe pictured seems really red compared to other Vass Oxblood shoes posted on here. I'd be interested in knowing for sure though.

post #4877 of 12335
Old English II is by far my favourite model from Vass. Mr Ugolini is a designer genius: combining a straight galosh style with a brogue'd up wave shape makes for one perfect model. In all colours.
post #4878 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post



I am looking for as conservative a black plain captoe oxford as possible.
It will get worn with suits for all social and professional events of highest importance in my future life.
 

 

Doesn't the Old English meet that description best? 

post #4879 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

 

Doesn't the Old English meet that description best? 

 

+1

 

And, may I add, surely not on the U-last, which is not conservative at all but rather fashionable, although I mean this in the most positive way possible.

 

I wanted to start my Vass collection with the most basic English style model and this is as far as I can see the Old English Plain Oxford on F-Last.

 

Florian

post #4880 of 12335
Loafer in whiskey shell cordovan, F last






post #4881 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Loafer in whiskey shell cordovan, F last


Wow wow wow...these are the shit. Dignified pimp shoes. Good score.

Anyone with the eye, imagination and chutzpah to order these is a stylistic maven. 


Edited by Fiddler - 11/14/12 at 9:30am
post #4882 of 12335
^^ those are lovely!

Regarding the OE, you guys see me convinced, I am aiming for the F last now but I need to get those questions above clarified before proceeding to order.

As all of you are refering to the OE but not the OEII, why do you think it is more approriate than the "II"?
What about the Chelsea style that Slickman posted?


I ask because I like the design of both the "II" and the Chelsea but am unsure about the original OE as I do not see the gain from a "heelcap" and find the area in which both the heelcap and the toecap join at the waist of the shoe less appealing than on the other styles
post #4883 of 12335

I personally prefer the OE II. I like the stylistic "heelcap" detail. I don't think either is more "appropriate" or that there is any actual "gain" like you put it. It's really just a stylistic detail.

 

I also personally prefer the look of the U last over the F. I find the chiseled toe to be attractive.

post #4884 of 12335
Get chelsea in dark brown calf on F and OEII in oxblood on F, its what I have, theyre perfect duo, jordan n pippen, shaq n kobe, lebron n wade

If you have extra $ to spend on another pair, I would make that either black 3-eyelet derby on f or antique cognac berkeley oxford like so:

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/Vass3eyeNoir/3eyeNoirVass011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/kolecho/Berkeley1.jpg
post #4885 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Get chelsea in dark brown calf on F and OEII in oxblood on F, its what I have, theyre perfect duo, jordan n pippen, shaq n kobe, lebron n wade
If you have extra $ to spend on another pair, I would make that either black 3-eyelet derby on f or antique cognac berkeley oxford like so:
http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/Vass3eyeNoir/3eyeNoirVass011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/kolecho/Berkeley1.jpg

 

That's good advice. Walk into a bank wearing any of those and you will either be promoted or get the loan you are applying for.

post #4886 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Get chelsea in dark brown calf on F and OEII in oxblood on F, its what I have, theyre perfect duo, jordan n pippen, shaq n kobe, lebron n wade
If you have extra $ to spend on another pair, I would make that either black 3-eyelet derby on f or antique cognac berkeley oxford like so:
http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy261/Pliny_photo/Vass3eyeNoir/3eyeNoirVass011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/kolecho/Berkeley1.jpg

Link to the chelsea? I don't see it on their site. 

post #4887 of 12335
Actually I am longing more for an oxford austerity brogue than for a derby.
While I am sold on most of the styles you recommend, Slickman, I am not yet sure to miss out on a black shoe.
I will be working with several officials of stock exchange listed companies at a job fair I coorganize and want to look the best I can for that ocassion, also there will be weddings, funerals, jobinterviews etc. in the future.
post #4888 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Wow wow wow...these are the shit. Dignified pimp shoes. Good score.
Anyone with the eye, imagination and chutzpah to order these is a stylistic maven. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

^^ those are lovely!
Regarding the OE, you guys see me convinced, I am aiming for the F last now but I need to get those questions above clarified before proceeding to order.
As all of you are refering to the OE but not the OEII, why do you think it is more approriate than the "II"?
What about the Chelsea style that Slickman posted?

Thank you guys!, Louis, my favorite pair of Vass is the OE II in antique cognac F last, that model is IMO the prettiest in all Vass catalog, looks great in all colors including black: (pic not mine)

post #4889 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Link to the chelsea? I don't see it on their site. 

A few posts above ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Actually I am longing more for an oxford austerity brogue than for a derby.
While I am sold on most of the styles you recommend, Slickman, I am not yet sure to miss out on a black shoe.
I will be working with several officials of stock exchange listed companies at a job fair I coorganize and want to look the best I can for that ocassion, also there will be weddings, funerals, jobinterviews etc. in the future.

Black shoes are fine, they're great, they're essential, however, oxblood provides a depth of color that black cannot achieve, and looks very good with blues, greys, navys etc.
As I said, for your first two, I'd stick with the dark brown chelsea and oxblood OEII, however if you rather replace the oxblood OEII which looks like this btw:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8684/img0460pt9.jpg
with a pair of black shoes, I would get either the 3-eyelet london derby or the berkeley oxford (vass's punch cap oxford) on the F, or if you're convinced of you're Vass PhD certification, P2 last, because that will definitely look the part.

One final recommendation, if you're indecisive about what you want, just flip a coin, you can't lose here, trust me
post #4890 of 12335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

A few posts above ^^^
Black shoes are fine, they're great, they're essential, however, oxblood provides a depth of color that black cannot achieve, and looks very good with blues, greys, navys etc.
As I said, for your first two, I'd stick with the dark brown chelsea and oxblood OEII, however if you rather replace the oxblood OEII which looks like this btw:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8684/img0460pt9.jpg
with a pair of black shoes, I would get either the 3-eyelet london derby or the berkeley oxford (vass's punch cap oxford) on the F, or if you're convinced of you're Vass PhD certification, P2 last, because that will definitely look the part.
One final recommendation, if you're indecisive about what you want, just flip a coin, you can't lose here, trust me


Don't really see people using the dark brown? Is it not that attractive?

The Oxblood looks like a dark brown? Not as much red?

This is Will's Oxblood shoes -- http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2008/09/oxblood-again.html

Is Vass's Oxblood like this as well?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread