or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 303

post #4531 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I explained what I did, very easy. Have everything you want listed out and put that in the email and wait 48 hours, tops, for a response. The first one took a little longer, every one after that was within 24 hours.
There is a format in this thread that details how I listed my desires.

Don't waste your time, I've explained that very simple and quick process like 50 times, in a couple of pages you will see the same thing again, it's so ridiculous it's even funny.
post #4532 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Don't waste your time, I've explained that very simple and quick process like 50 times, in a couple of pages you will see the same thing again, it's so ridiculous it's even funny.

I really like what you say guys, but it is never that straightforward. I wish it is, but it is not.
I love Vass shoes and I have a nice collection, but after 8 years dealing with Vass, it is like pulling teeth. I am glad you all are happy though.
post #4533 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

I really like what you say guys, but it is never that straightforward. I wish it is, but it is not.
I love Vass shoes and I have a nice collection, but after 8 years dealing with Vass, it is like pulling teeth. I am glad you all are happy though.

It is for me, just an email, they have my measures and make the shoes exactly my size and I'm only had to deal with a few mistakes or models That I thought I would like and didn't, but if you have 8 years dealing with them you have your own different different experience, how weird.

That said, dealing with Nick at Bespoke England is great, easy and reliable but it's almost 3 times the price and 5-6 months. I own a couple of pairs of G&G's and I love both, I wish to own another pair in the future.

Anyway, I'm tired of the whole thing, I don't have the patience and the money anymore to continue with this stuff, just trying to contribute and help anybody who's willing to go thru this.
post #4534 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I explained what I did, very easy. Have everything you want listed out and put that in the email and wait 48 hours, tops, for a response. The first one took a little longer, every one after that was within 24 hours.
There is a format in this thread that details how I listed my desires.

 

If you don't mind me asking, what was the total cost for the MTO, shipping, bank fees, customs fees, etc?

post #4535 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

It is for me, just an email, they have my measures and make the shoes exactly my size and I'm only had to deal with a few mistakes or models That I thought I would like and didn't, but if you have 8 years dealing with them you have your own different different experience, how weird.
That said, dealing with Nick at Bespoke England is great, easy and reliable but it's almost 3 times the price and 5-6 months. I own a couple of pairs of G&G's and I love both, I wish to own another pair in the future.
Anyway, I'm tired of the whole thing, I don't have the patience and the money anymore to continue with this stuff, just trying to contribute and help anybody who's willing to go thru this.

I hear you. I love Nick and I wish there is a "Nick" on the other Vass side. Thanks for putting up with the chatter.
post #4536 of 12901
grendel, I think it ended up being around $565. I didn't have brokerage fees with this package, yet. I just submitted forms for my Meermin shoes and didn't even get a call from FedEx about this package or the need to complete any paperwork.
post #4537 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

grendel, I think it ended up being around $565. I didn't have brokerage fees with this package, yet. I just submitted forms for my Meermin shoes and didn't even get a call from FedEx about this package or the need to complete any paperwork.

 

How would you compare the quality? I want to try out a hand welted MTO for my next pair of shoes, and I've been looking at Vass and Meermin. If Vass is only like $100 more it seems like a better value. 

post #4538 of 12901
Why I love dealing directly with Vass: spending 30 min at bank to send $45 electronic transfer fee, getting charged .03% extra for the currency conversion, likely getting hit with $$$ duties, and then holding my breath I sized correctly (based on their sizing advice).

If I had to do it again, I'd go with tombrowne. No doubt

Vass isn't very popular and never will be because it's just a pain for first time buyers.
post #4539 of 12901
Vass leather is better than Meermin. I just picked them up so only tried them on. They fit my feet perfectly!! I will be ordering more icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



Edited by gyasih - 10/11/12 at 6:23pm
post #4540 of 12901
^ but that's why we do it. Wow. What size and last?
post #4541 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ but that's why we do it. Wow. What size and last?

Size 44, I am 11US, sort of, my JL 8000 are a little big and they are 10EUK, my EG 10.5/11 E 82 last fit me best of all my shoes and these are comparable. F-Last.
post #4542 of 12901
That's great to hear man! I got size 45, I'm a 12. We should meet up in NYC next week to get Vass shoe circle picture. Lol
post #4543 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

How would you compare the quality? I want to try out a hand welted MTO for my next pair of shoes, and I've been looking at Vass and Meermin. If Vass is only like $100 more it seems like a better value. 

Vass really are superb shoes - beautiful leather, beautiful construction, beautiful lasts, beautiful styles. Given the quality of the shoes, the prices are a bargain.

However, it's rather a pain to get hold of them and so that is why - after a burst of enthusiasm a couple of years ago - you don't read about them as much on StyleForum as you do about brands such as Carmina or Meermin, even though it's 99% certain that neither Carmina nor Meermin are as good as Vass.

I haven't tried purchasing Vass directly - my purchases have either been off the StyleForum Buying & Selling forum or through a proxy. Doing in the latter way is more expensive from purchasing directly from Vass but, by the sound of it, is a smoother option.
post #4544 of 12901
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


Vass isn't very popular and never will be because it's just a pain for first time buyers.

 

I'm a first time buyer and so far it's been great, just transferred the money today, they will start work monday and delivery is promised for 10 November. I kinda prefer this to Carmina because you can get any shoe made to order without paying 50% extra. 

 

Of course I will reserve final judgement till they deliver my shit in the legendary standards I read about on here. But so far it's been just fine dealing with them.

post #4545 of 12901
No brokerage because my "Sample shoes" only have a $90 value.

I am already looking at my next pair.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread