or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 294

post #4396 of 12313
Why does VASS use a darker colored thread? Can you request they use thread to match shell?
post #4397 of 12313
On my boots the thread doesnt stand out like that, they were dark by default. It could just be the flash in this pic
post #4398 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

On my boots the thread doesnt stand out like that, they were dark by default. It could just be the flash in this pic

Still awesome looking!

post #4399 of 12313
Great boots, pika! Natural welt with white stitching does make a world of difference.
post #4400 of 12313

Hi guys

 

This is a fantastic thread! Very new here, consider myself a massive shoe fan but can't compete with you guys. I have some American and some English shoes but wanted to broaden the approach and go East. smile.gif

 

I have ordered a pair of Vass Old English Oxfords on U last at Ascot Shoes (I know, should have done my reading first, but aside from the price so far everything was perfect) some days ago and today they arrived. They are absolutely gorgeous! Sadly: I wear a UK7.5 E to EE with C&J and Sammy from Ascot Shoes advised me (in accordance to most advices I read in this thread) to get a 42. Sadly they are too wide at my heel so I slip about 1 cm when walking. frown.gif

 

I wrote him to ask if he has a 41.5, I'd also take the same design on a F last. Keep your fingers crossed.

 

Florian

post #4401 of 12313
You should size down on the F, if 42 is too big on U, 41.5 on F most probably won't fit you, you may be a 41 or even a 40.5 on the F
post #4402 of 12313
I'm a UK 7.5, slightly narrow at the heel and slightly wide at the ball.

I take a 41 in the F last.

I also added another layer of sock liner at the heel that's given a better fit.

RTW heel fitting is ridiculous, every last accomodates wide heels.
post #4403 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I'm a UK 7.5, slightly narrow at the heel and slightly wide at the ball.
I take a 41 in the F last.
I also added another layer of sock liner at the heel that's given a better fit.
RTW heel fitting is ridiculous, every last accomodates wide heels.

G&G heel cups are by far the best fitting ones I've come across for those with narrower heels.
post #4404 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I'm a UK 7.5, slightly narrow at the heel and slightly wide at the ball.
I take a 41 in the F last.
I also added another layer of sock liner at the heel that's given a better fit.
RTW heel fitting is ridiculous, every last accomodates wide heels.

What size do you take for other lasts? I'm pretty sure I am a 7.5 F UK on G&G lasts after conversing with Nick at Bespoke England and after wearing a 7.5 E UK on the EG 888 - which I found to be snug. With regards to the F-last, I am still unsure about whether I would take a 41 or 41.5. 

post #4405 of 12313
I have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.

I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.

I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.
post #4406 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

G&G heel cups are by far the best fitting ones I've come across for those with narrower heels.

Yeah they look like one of the few ones that has that tight heel.

I've been wondering how St Crispins alters their lasts for the mto fits - I can see how they could do build ups, but how would they make the lasts narrower in certain points?
post #4407 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.

I've read on the forum that the F last tends to have a higher instep than most lasts. If true, this would be great for me. As for the width of my feet, both are around 10.5 cm in width at the widest. 

post #4408 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

G&G heel cups are by far the best fitting ones I've come across for those with narrower heels.
yes! nod[1].gif
post #4409 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-domino View Post

I've read on the forum that the F last tends to have a higher instep than most lasts. If true, this would be great for me. As for the width of my feet, both are around 10.5 cm in width at the widest. 
That wide foot so 41.5 F last might be best
F last instep little higher than many last
post #4410 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Yeah they look like one of the few ones that has that tight heel.
I've been wondering how St Crispins alters their lasts for the mto fits - I can see how they could do build ups, but how would they make the lasts narrower in certain points?
that always problem with that process.
could build up smaller last but not always fix problem good,
many factor to think about.
many thing could happen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread