or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


c'mon, nobody really needs dainite as vibram is so much better, imo.

Regardless of which is better, Dainite and Vibram are two very different looks when it comes to the soles.
post #2132 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post


Regardless of which is better, Dainite and Vibram are two very different looks when it comes to the soles.

you know that vibram offers about one hundred + different styles?
post #2133 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


you know that vibram offers about one hundred + different styles?

True, but from what I understand Vass prefers to only deal with the one as seen in the photo below.

side1_sm1.jpg
post #2134 of 11676
Whoa. Just came across these online Antique Cognac Chukkas on the P2 last. Very nice!

uppers1_sm.jpg
post #2135 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post


True, but from what I understand Vass prefers to only deal with the one as seen in the photo below.

side1_sm1.jpg

maybe. this is a very good one.
post #2136 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Whoa. Just came across these online Antique Cognac Chukkas on the P2 last. Very nice!

uppers1_sm.jpg

they are fab. I don't have any boots, they might be just what i want. BTWDavid it looks like Dark Cognac (my fav Vass color) on my screen.
Question too: does Vass bevel the waist of its boots on the F and U? I'm guessing they don't on the P2.
post #2137 of 11676
It seems like AC calf on my monitor, but always tough to tell with photos and computers. It was initially described as AC on the original photo. I believe Vass can do beveled waists on the U, F and P2, but not any other lasts. Not 100%, but I think that's the case.
post #2138 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Whoa. Just came across these online Antique Cognac Chukkas on the P2 last. Very nice!

uppers1_sm.jpg
The are pretty nice smile.gif.
post #2139 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

I believe Vass can do beveled waists on the U, F and P2, but not any other lasts. Not 100%, but I think that's the case.

actually every decent cobbler can bevel a waist. years ago somebody posted his diy project. it's pretty easy.

imo, one has just to ask himself, if he really likes it and if it is needed on all kind of shoes/boots.
post #2140 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


actually every decent cobbler can bevel a waist. years ago somebody posted his diy project. it's pretty easy.

imo, one has just to ask himself, if he really likes it and if it is needed on all kind of shoes/boots.

Exactly. That's why I don't think Vass does it on all lasts - they just don't think it looks good on some which I agree with.
post #2141 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


actually every decent cobbler can bevel a waist. years ago somebody posted his diy project. it's pretty easy.

imo, one has just to ask himself, if he really likes it and if it is needed on all kind of shoes/boots.

More curiosity than anything for me. Some shoes/boots just look better without beveling, and some with. I have to say I prefer the Dover without the bevel for example devil.gif
I wouldn't actually get that boot in P2 beveled, although I would consider it on a 'dress boot' - say if in U last with a single sole.

Another question David: your stitched Vass boot I saw pics of recently - is that closing done by hand ?


more
post #2142 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post


Vass doesn't do Dainite unfortunately. They do Vibrams, but they're pretty chunky soles. They would probably look best on the P2 last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


c'mon, nobody really needs dainite as vibram is so much better, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


you know that vibram offers about one hundred + different styles?

I too had thought that Vass didn't do Dainite, but then I saw these on B&s:

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/255200/drop-7-25-vass-shell-cordovan-plain-toe-derby-new

Apparently it is possible. Personally, I like Dainite, and I think it can be a great way to go for a casual or business casual shoe. I would like to have some nice casual brogues and I'm currently thinking about some made to order options, on which I will definitely want Dainite. But I'm not sure Vass is the best choice for this. I'll probably get some Trickers.
post #2143 of 11676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicio View Post


Personally, I like Dainite,...

it's useless in the climate, i live in.
post #2144 of 11676
The thing about dainite is they can't do a channeled sole. Because of this, i'd rather just get leather and topy.

I've also found that dainite wears down very quickly.
post #2145 of 11676
+1 u can always remove a Topy if u change yr mind. Leather on my Topy'd shoes is still pristine, and I don't slip and slide so much. like Dainite for casual tho
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread