or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 87

post #1291 of 12318
Thread Starter 


post #1292 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Although contrarian to the general feedback, in my opinion these shoes are extremely vulgar. I have no idea what would drive anyone, maybe apart from a circus director, to buy these shoes.
post #1293 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Question for all the Vass experts: I have a high instep and a wide forefoot. G&G MH71 last in 11F is a perfect fit. Santoni FAMs and Tramezzas work well, but C&J 337 is just a bit too narrow, the instep not quite roomy enough. Will any of the Vass lasts work for me? I thought maybe an F or New Peter but then I read that the insteps were lower. Can one order different widths from Vass?

I'm not an expert, although I have been to their shop to try a few things, and bought 2 pair. And I have feet that could be vaguely described similarly to yours. High-ish instep, wide, with the maximum width pretty far forward. Or maybe I just have short toes.

New Peter is a bit low in the instep. I did buy a pair of suede brogues in that last, but while they look nice, they fit a little too snugly-- like a pair of socks. Also, the arch is either a little too flat or too far forward for me.

You may be best advised to start with 3636 and Budapest. Those fit me astonishingly well, although I do prefer the appearance of some of the others in their line. Anyway, they are wide in the forward part, and have enough on the instep for me.

As far as I know, they won't do different widths although perhaps if you were to go there to be measured they could do a semi-bespoke fitting.

I did once try a U-last pair at one of the AAAC shows. While it was astonishingly comfortable, giving great support and having enough width for the ball of my foot, the toe felt like it was 4 inches too long. Real cockroach-killer.
post #1294 of 12318
luck-cha - fantastic patina! Antique Cognac shell?
post #1295 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDickDiver View Post
Although contrarian to the general feedback, in my opinion these shoes are extremely vulgar. I have no idea what would drive anyone, maybe apart from a circus director, to buy these shoes.

Who said I wasn't a circus director?
post #1296 of 12318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
luk-cha - fantastic patina! Antique Cognac shell?

yes they are AC shell, the pantina has not really developed as i have not really worn them enough for it to develop propper

i find myself not really wearing my shell shoes at the minute, they are just not as comfy as my calf
post #1297 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Who said I wasn't a circus director?

Have you thought about flat laces with those boots?
post #1298 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post
I'm not an expert, although I have been to their shop to try a few things, and bought 2 pair. And I have feet that could be vaguely described similarly to yours. High-ish instep, wide, with the maximum width pretty far forward. Or maybe I just have short toes.

New Peter is a bit low in the instep. I did buy a pair of suede brogues in that last, but while they look nice, they fit a little too snugly-- like a pair of socks. Also, the arch is either a little too flat or too far forward for me.

You may be best advised to start with 3636 and Budapest. Those fit me astonishingly well, although I do prefer the appearance of some of the others in their line. Anyway, they are wide in the forward part, and have enough on the instep for me.

As far as I know, they won't do different widths although perhaps if you were to go there to be measured they could do a semi-bespoke fitting.

I did once try a U-last pair at one of the AAAC shows. While it was astonishingly comfortable, giving great support and having enough width for the ball of my foot, the toe felt like it was 4 inches too long. Real cockroach-killer.

That's disappointing particularly about the New Peter last, and the 3636 just isn't what I was looking for. But, after reading this, I'm tempted to try the U-last which I had written off. While the widest part of my foot is at the ball, I definitely don't have short toes. Have you tried the F last?
post #1299 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
yes they are AC shell, the pantina has not really developed as i have not really worn them enough for it to develop propper i find myself not really wearing my shell shoes at the minute, they are just not as comfy as my calf
It's all about comfort! That is a spectacular shell color though. Still trying to figure out what I want for my AC shell. Leaning towards single strap monk. From there it depends on F or P2 last. Will finalize once I get both lasts in soon! :^)
post #1300 of 12318
How come anytime someone sells used Vass, its a 41 (im looking at you walneal and luk cha)? Never a 43....
post #1301 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Have you tried the F last?

The ladies in the shop suggested that I shouldn't bother. Which is a shame, because their oxfords are often most attractive.

Another disappointment: the original Peter is ridiculously narrow for me. So if I try a Norweger from them it will have to be on one of the less-graceful lasts.

If you can swing the time and plan to get a lot of shoes, a flight to Budapest would be a decent investment. While I wouldn't say that Vass is necessarily better or even as good as any other choice in every circumstance, if you find a last that fits you will save buckets of money compared to a wardrobe of bespoke or even Edward Green MTO. And you might run into an un-thought-of option that surprises you pleasantly. In any case, 15 minutes on the ground there could save several months of faxes, postage, fund transfers-- and disappointments.
post #1302 of 12318
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
It's all about comfort! That is a spectacular shell color though. Still trying to figure out what I want for my AC shell. Leaning towards single strap monk. From there it depends on F or P2 last. Will finalize once I get both lasts in soon! :^)

i guess the more bespokes i get the RTW are just failing to have the same appeal right now, plus i find shell hard work to maintain a shine of any sorts unless you brush and shine after each wear where as i dont have to do that with my calf ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
How come anytime someone sells used Vass, its a 41 (im looking at you walneal and luk cha)? Never a 43....

you better get you feet on a diet then hahaha
post #1303 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
It's all about comfort! That is a spectacular shell color though. Still trying to figure out what I want for my AC shell. Leaning towards single strap monk. From there it depends on F or P2 last. Will finalize once I get both lasts in soon! :^)

Hey slew, do you know when this order is coming in?

can't wait!
post #1304 of 12318
^^
If it's the Fall order with our resident Vass pusher, they're supposed to arrive in HK in early February and be shipped immediately thereafter. Fingers crossed.
post #1305 of 12318
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
i guess the more bespokes i get the RTW are just failing to have the same appeal right now, plus i find shell hard work to maintain a shine of any sorts unless you brush and shine after each wear where as i dont have to do that with my calf ones

I actually prefer the somewhat more matte finish of unpolished shell so that works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
^^
If it's the Fall order with our resident Vass pusher, they're supposed to arrive in HK in early February and be shipped immediately thereafter. Fingers crossed.

That's my understanding too. Can't wait!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread