or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 78

post #1156 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesask View Post
Would I be correct in saying that most would take the same size in the F last as they do in the P2? If so, what are the differences in how they feel? I am liking the look of the P2 as it looks a bit more forgiving to my eye.

F and P2 yes same size for me and I have a pretty average shape foot. I thought I might be able to go down a half size in P2, but no - it looks roomier than F, but not a half size roomier IMO
re: U last - see post 1127 in this thread. I take a half size up on P2 and F, and that is pretty common according to Eiko at Budapester Schuhe. U is tricky as it has a high instep and is narrower and longer than F and P2.
FWIW I think the 5 eye London U is one of the most simply elegant RTW shoes in existence - only surpassed by the 3 eye U in oxblood also by Vass



compare it to the Lobbs and C&J in this lineup - it's poetry
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/320...derbies0dk.jpg
post #1157 of 12515
post #1158 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888style View Post
The most distinct Vass shoe design since Old English 2. Looks like the Chukka boot with a wing tip design and brogueing/punching along the blucher's throat line. Just wondering, how come no design along the entire topline?
post #1159 of 12515
U last rules
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #1160 of 12515
And some boots
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #1161 of 12515
I take a half size larger in U than F.
post #1162 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I tried posting in the main forum about Vass sizing, and nobody responded. I'm gonna buy a pretty great shoe...U last 5 eyelet london derby similar to slewfoot's posted earlier in this thread, except burgundy shell. Problem is, I'm having trouble figuring out precisely what size to get, and I need to order soon or I won't be able to until February. There's no way for me to go try some on.

I fit AE park avenue 8.5D very well. The seller knows how Alden lasts match up with Vass, so even if you can't tell me what U last I would be, an Alden reference will help. Any assistance in this department is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

I am an 8.5D in AE and wear a 41 in the U.
post #1163 of 12515
this monk in P2 and the Brandy cordovan are just stunning - I like the medallion on the monk, breaks up the vamp, and the silver buckle is cool
post #1164 of 12515
A beautiful shoe and colour! I hadn't seen that before.
post #1165 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
F and P2 yes same size for me and I have a pretty average shape foot. I thought I might be able to go down a half size in P2, but no - it looks roomier than F, but not a half size roomier IMO
re: U last - see post 1127 in this thread. I take a half size up on P2 and F, and that is pretty common according to Eiko at Budapester Schuhe.


ls heel of P2 last same width as F last?
post #1166 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I tried posting in the main forum about Vass sizing, and nobody responded. I'm gonna buy a pretty great shoe...U last 5 eyelet london derby similar to slewfoot's posted earlier in this thread, except burgundy shell. Problem is, I'm having trouble figuring out precisely what size to get, and I need to order soon or I won't be able to until February. There's no way for me to go try some on.

I fit AE park avenue 8.5D very well. The seller knows how Alden lasts match up with Vass, so even if you can't tell me what U last I would be, an Alden reference will help. Any assistance in this department is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

I would like to see info/charts matching Alden lasts with Vass lasts? So far I'm 0 for 2 trying to find my correct size in Vass shoes.
post #1167 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
this monk in P2 and the Brandy cordovan are just stunning - I like the medallion on the monk, breaks up the vamp, and the silver buckle is cool

Actually, I was thinking the monkstrap looks a bit bulbous in P2, while the budapest model on the other hand, looks fantastic in same--love that saddle shell. Which is a bit funny, because I'm not so much a wingtip/blucher guy, but am big into monks. In fact, I was thinking of a monk in saddle shell, F last, for my next order, though was debating on whether to do a medallion or not. If I opt for medallion, however, I would choose the fleur-de-lis style more commonly seen here on monks; the one in question (butterfly...?) appears too sparse on the otherwise unembellished expanse of vamp, and also too far forward for my liking. Dig the silver buckle though, and will inquire about this. I must say, thinking seriously about that saddle shell blucher, really something in that configuration...
post #1168 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post
I would like to see info/charts matching Alden lasts with Vass lasts? So far I'm 0 for 2 trying to find my correct size in Vass shoes.

I feel your pain. After several tries I have determined thus: the U last for various reasons for me is out; the P2 I believe should be a half size smaller than the F last, though both could stand to be a half size smaller than what I have currently-- 40 in P2, and 40.5 in F. With the F (and even more so in the U) I simply cannot get used to the idea of an additional 1+" of leather in front of my big toe. The P2, while not quite as elongated as the F, still has too much volume in the instep: the quarters lace almost completely closed (chukka), and feel as if they could close further still given the room, though the fit around my ankle would not allow it.

Fyi, though I cannot reference an Alden fit, I find Ed. Green 7E in 202 to be snug, but very comfortable, nearly an ideal fit.
post #1169 of 12515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post
ls heel of P2 last same width as F last?

wider, and longer than it is wider too
post #1170 of 12515
This U last Norweger (on left) pic is from an earlier post this thread by GDL203.

I want to get something different from Vass.


Is this a hideous Frankenshoe or edgy, manly and awesome? (or something else again)
thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread