or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 738

post #11056 of 13173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Ha ha. Public fora are hilarious. Mob mentality and hype cycles. People have been wearing and posting pics of HAF soled Vass shoes several years before most of the members commenting on them had even seen or heard of the brand. There are literally hundreds of posts and images in his thread alone. All of the sudden, HAF soles are the new grand evil plan on SF. What happened to gemming? It's just funny to watch. Combined with Millimetric Detail Syndrome (an epidemic on the forum for anyone until he reaches maturity), and we have a typical case of "forest for the trees"

Mob mentality, hype circles where do you get that from? Let not generalise what EG, GG others do with their half sole with Vass. Pictures I posted speak for themselves. In my opinion you are no Vass expert, neither am I or pretend to be but with 20+ pairs I will not pretend to deny what is evident. You recommend sizing up for the U last to accomodate width and question Vass's recommendation on same size for both. A big No to both. You dont size up to accomodate width, as this leads to misfit. There is a discussion where DWFII pitches in on that somewhere.

SOS is a man of his word, even though he may sound funny! He knows and has proven his acumen with sound advice based on facts and have backed them up when necessary. He can run circles around most out here to be candid.

Devil lies in the details, you may choose to ignore it, but it doesnt change the obvious.
This is my last on this topic, had enuff.
post #11057 of 13173

I realize it may appear that I am fanning the flames, but I do have a genuine, albeit naive, question. How does wear affect balance?

 

In full disclosure, I'm new to the high-end shoe world and am not even sure what 'balance' means. I did the pencil test on my HAF austerity brogues last night after reading all the posts on the subject. The pencil wouldn't roll more than a cm past the toe. It went a bit further when I removed the shoe tree but not even close to what's shown in the previous pics. I have yet to wear these shoes, however. Hence my question of if/how balance is affected over time. 

post #11058 of 13173
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post
You recommend sizing up for the U last to accommodate width and question Vass's recommendation on same size for both. 

 

While it is clear that you like to be very right, and that you think I'm very wrong on all things Vass, I did not recommend this ^.   I said that many people do need to size up 1/2 between the two depending on the shape of their foot and forefoot.  Those two lasts are completely different from the ball to the toe point - it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that there would be a universal recommendation for fit on both lasts without looking at the shape of the foot.  I did not suggest that it was a bad idea to take the same size - I simply contend that "take the same size" is terrible as a universal piece of advice given the very different shapes of these lasts.  Some will need to size up or take a different width, some will not.   I have seen many different people with different feet try on Vass shoes in front of me, in P2, F and U and I can say that there is no universal F to U solution but that, in general, those with a narrower forefoot can take the same size - while others cannot.  

 

If you change your mind and decide to explain to us what issue the raised toe may cause, I'd be interested in that.   

post #11059 of 13173
Good for those summer morning coat occasions. Ascot, perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Spectator photo-bomb.  Safe arrival from Ascot:


orig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpg 
post #11060 of 13173
Black Shell, me like it a lot.

post #11061 of 13173

Just pulled the trigger on the cognac scotch grain captoes from Epaulet!! this is my first VASS so I hope the New Peter fits me well

post #11062 of 13173

A lovely pair we just received for an MTO customer 

 

post #11063 of 13173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

While it is clear that you like to be very right, and that you think I'm very wrong on all things Vass, I did not recommend this ^.   I said that many people do need to size up 1/2 between the two depending on the shape of their foot and forefoot.  Those two lasts are completely different from the ball to the toe point - it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that there would be a universal recommendation for fit on both lasts without looking at the shape of the foot.  I did not suggest that it was a bad idea to take the same size - I simply contend that "take the same size" is terrible as a universal piece of advice given the very different shapes of these lasts.  Some will need to size up or take a different width, some will not.   I have seen many different people with different feet try on Vass shoes in front of me, in P2, F and U and I can say that there is no universal F to U solution but that, in general, those with a narrower forefoot can take the same size - while others cannot.  

 

If you change your mind and decide to explain to us what issue the raised toe may cause, I'd be interested in that.   

 

Correct again.  Many people do size up for U.  Many people don't.  Those with chubby and widely-splayed toes are likely candidates for sizing up.  I know that Vass makes a general recommendation for the same size in these lasts, but I very much doubt he would claim that this applies to all individuals across the board.  E-sizing recommendations, regardless of the source, are nothing more than a best-guess starting point for the individual buyer.  You'll only know for sure when you strap them on and walk.

 

And that suede / calf combo is quite lovely.

post #11064 of 13173
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedashidofu View Post


My goodness you've done it again. Never would've thought of this kind of combination, but it works really well!!!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post


Is this the K last?! I am a bloody huge fan of this particular pair since I saw it a year ago...

Roger, you must have a ridiculous collection by now. Time for a Vash family photo, my good man. :-)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Good for those summer morning coat occasions. Ascot, perhaps?

 

Thanks gents.

 

@agedashidofu - this was essentially a replication of a custom order that Ascot had delivered to an earlier customer based on his specific design requests.  Credit goes to that unnamed gentleman - I just said "I'd like that, please."

 

@Ecstasy - This one is U last.  I have tried to put together the odd group photo - but it takes more time than I often have.  I have posted a group pic of my burgundy shoes before, and plan to do the same for the medium - light browns.

 

@Concordia - yes, you got it right - Ascot.  I see these basically replacing my black shoes for Spring and Summer daytime wear.  There's not an outfit I can think of where they wouldn't work as well or better.  I'll still wear the all-black to court, however.

post #11065 of 13173
RogerP, the spectators are beautiful.
post #11066 of 13173

good job mr. P  they're ALL you.

post #11067 of 13173
Very nice RogerP! It's funny how easy it is to get used to things after looking at pictures of shoes everyday. I didn't think I'd ever like grey shoes or spectators but these are awesome. Is that grey museum calf? I didn't think there was grey boxcalf.
post #11068 of 13173
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

People have been wearing and posting pics of HAF soled Vass shoes several years before most of the members commenting on them had even seen or heard of the brand. There are literally hundreds of posts and images in his thread alone. All of the sudden, HAF soles are the new grand evil plan on SF.

No no,
me say it for years before me ever join here.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

What happened to gemming?

It very very bad.
Me never talk good about it for years.
Me talk bad about it before DWH mention it.
Me talk to different factory mans and shoe maker years ago and they say bad things and show me bad things.
Gemmed shoes = toys for men
Gemmed shoes = not good
Gemmed shoes = very very bad and sad and not good.
Gemmed shoes = not real shoe
Gemmed shoes = imitation shoe
Gemmed shoes = silly
post #11069 of 13173
Ow, yeah, it's on again! lurker[1].gif
post #11070 of 13173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post

No no,
me say it for years before me ever join here.
It very very bad.
Me never talk good about it for years.
Me talk bad about it before DWH mention it.
Me talk to different factory mans and shoe maker years ago and they say bad things and show me bad things.
Gemmed shoes = toys for men
Gemmed shoes = not good
Gemmed shoes = very very bad and sad and not good.
Gemmed shoes = not real shoe
Gemmed shoes = imitation shoe
Gemmed shoes = silly

SOS: it's called "irony", and you missed it. Perhaps understandable, as English is not your primary, or possibly even secondary language.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread