or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 689

post #10321 of 12313
I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and have yet to run into my main reason for subscribing in the first place: how does one go about placing an order for Vass? I gather there's a user named Notch who has helped some of you, but thus far I can't seem to get in touch with him.

Any other ideas?
post #10322 of 12313
Agree with roger here
post #10323 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ If they knew it, they wouldn't have felt compelled to offer a discount.  The offer of a discount seems like a pretty clear acknowledgement of a mistake.

Come on, you know it wasn't a mistake, that medallion would look horrible in a ucap, they didnt felt compelled to anything, they do that all the time

I left the design of the medallion to them, for what it's worth. What's done is done, and I'm satisfied with the outcome, the boots should be delivered on Tuesday. This is my third cordovan wingtip, so I'll probably take a picture of the collection for comparison.
post #10324 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlvdDandy View Post

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and have yet to run into my main reason for subscribing in the first place: how does one go about placing an order for Vass? I gather there's a user named Notch who has helped some of you, but thus far I can't seem to get in touch with him.

Any other ideas?

 

1) You can purchase directly or order through web affiliate vendors Epaulet  or No Man Walks Alone.

 

2) You can order through resellers like Notch or Ascot Shoes.  I know Notch recently posted that he was travelling to Budapest, which may explain why he has not been in contact.

 

3) You can contact Vass directly and order your shoes from them.

post #10325 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post


I left the design of the medallion to them, for what it's worth. What's done is done, and I'm satisfied with the outcome, the boots should be delivered on Tuesday. This is my third cordovan wingtip, so I'll probably take a picture of the collection for comparison.

 

Yes please to pics. :)

post #10326 of 12313
I thought VASS was no longer accepting direct orders, at least from US customers...
post #10327 of 12313

^^^ Yes - I read that as well - I did not notice that the fellow was from the States.

post #10328 of 12313
Interested in your assessment. They are quite different so I cannot say one is over the other. I see Vass can take more beating without looking tired. Crust leather with antique finish is nice but to my eyes they look tired after a day of wearing especially on there creased part.
post #10329 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

I left the design of the medallion to them, for what it's worth. What's done is done, and I'm satisfied with the outcome, the boots should be delivered on Tuesday. This is my third cordovan wingtip, so I'll probably take a picture of the collection for comparison.

Very good, looking forward to your pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I don't know it wasn't a mistake - and neither do you.

I do believe it was a mistake as to whether the boot was to be rendered as a U-cap or a wingtip.

My belief is based on:

a) Both versions were apparently discussed with the customer - which provides the basis for a mixup, as opposed to a random different style being pulled out of the air by some unnamed person at Vass deciding to impose his personal aesthetic preference over the specs of the customer's clearly defined order.

b) They offered a discount for the customer to accept the boots as delivered, or else the option to remake according to spec. 

Offering a discount is pretty universal language for "we goofed, but we're trying to make it right".  And offering to remake it in a U-cap is not terribly consistent with your interpretation that they refused to make the boot as a U-cap because they felt it wouldn't look good that way.

What happens on the remake, then, if your interpretation is correct?  They once again accept an order they have absolutely no intention of delivering on, then again "pretend" to make a mistake and craft the boot as they see fit?  What is offered to the customer then -  a deeper discount for a double "mistake".  Heck, if he re-orders enough times, I guess he'll get them for free. smile.gif

Anything is possible, I suppose.  But that doesn't add up for me.  At all.

That is all very nice, very logical, I think is obvious you live in a developed country where things are organized and people follow the rules and everything must have a rational explanation and people must be held accountable. But respectfully I find your post wrong and even a bit condescending, like I don't understand the logic of things. Well, I was born in The USA and live here but I grew up in a third world country and I have a lot of experience dealing with underdeveloped countries, I even deal with a whole Hungarian family in another hobby of mine and I think I know what I'm talking about.

It's not like I'm saying there is a conspiracy of everyone involved, but they do what they want, the guy that make the shoe will "screw" on purpose because he doesn't like it. What they will do, fire him?, good luck finding another one. Even if it's not on purpose, the concept just don't enter their mind, a fucking boot on a U cap with a full medallion?, no can do. What will the manager do?, try to make things right (he hates it but have to do it)

You can make fun of me all you want, I don't have any proof of this but I'm 99.9% sure of what I'm saying and nothing, no matter how logic, will change my mind. Too many examples, too many personal experiences.

RogerP, I really appreciate your always kind opinion of my shoes posts, I really do. Cheers
post #10330 of 12313
Guys, it's just really really expensive shoes.
post #10331 of 12313

I plan to have a U-lasted V-cap oxford, hopes that a 42.5 wide or 43 comes consistent with my UK9EE / 8.5EEE Carmina Rain & Forest

post #10332 of 12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post


Very good, looking forward to your pics.
That is all very nice, very logical, I think is obvious you live in a developed country where things are organized and people follow the rules and everything must have a rational explanation and people must be held accountable. But respectfully I find your post wrong and even a bit condescending, like I don't understand the logic of things. Well, I was born in The USA and live here but I grew up in a third world country and I have a lot of experience dealing with underdeveloped countries, I even deal with a whole Hungarian family in another hobby of mine and I think I know what I'm talking about.

It's not like I'm saying there is a conspiracy of everyone involved, but they do what they want, the guy that make the shoe will "screw" on purpose because he doesn't like it. What they will do, fire him?, good luck finding another one. Even if it's not on purpose, the concept just don't enter their mind, a fucking boot on a U cap with a full medallion?, no can do. What will the manager do?, try to make things right (he hates it but have to do it)

You can make fun of me all you want, I don't have any proof of this but I'm 99.9% sure of what I'm saying and nothing, no matter how logic, will change my mind. Too many examples, too many personal experiences.

RogerP, I really appreciate your always kind opinion of my shoes posts, I really do. Cheers

 

I meant no condescension, though in re-reading my post I can see how that may be perceived and so I apologize if offence was given. The smiley was intended to inject an element of levity - I guess you did not perceive it that way.

 

I explained what I thought based on what I knew of the specific situation.  I made no mention of accountability or first world versus developing countries - that is your issue.  As it happens, I was born and raised in a third world country.  I'm not at all sure how that is supposed to illuminate the present topic of discussion.

 

I don't really understand your second paragraph at all, or your resort to profanity. 

 

I am not making fun of you - I am merely explaining my thoughts and how I arrived at my conclusions.  I don't really understand any basis for your persistent claims that Vass in general - and in this specific case - decides to make a shoe differently than what was ordered and then offers a rebate or a remake.  You believe it to be so - and I am not trying to convince you that you are wrong. It isn't necessary to me that you accept that I am right.  But hopefully you will likewise understand that others may not accept what you say based solely on your repeated declaration that it is so. 

 

I do really admire your choice in shoes.

 

Be well.

post #10333 of 12313
I can't really tell the difference between Vass aniline calf, and Edward Green crust calf, other that EG does a lot more hand finishing on their shoes.
post #10334 of 12313

Just want to confirm, does anyone got experience in Vass U last & other brand names?

It seems that a lot of comparison is between F last & U last here

 

My size: Carmina Rain UK9EE (a bit long, 4cm gap between longest toe & shoe tip) / UK8.5EEE

             G&G MH71 UK9F

             EG 888/82 UK9E

 

Will my safest choice in U last a 43.5 / 43 or 42.5 wide?

 

Thanks a lot.

post #10335 of 12313

@member2000r ^^^ I wear UK 9E in EG 888/82 and U last in a 43.  Similar in terms of forefoot width, Vass has a little more space over the instep and is a touch longer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread