Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 649post #9722 of 202672/17/14 at 10:39amQuote:
Could I trouble you to take a top-down clear photo of the Austerity Brogue on the U last like the one in the F last?
Also, if I am not mistaken, your U last shoes should be in the wider 'G' fitting, as you bought the one as advertised by SteveYoo?
Thank you.post #9723 of 202672/17/14 at 11:04am
Pictures taken with iPhone of my three years old Vass.
What I'm most impressed with in addition to the upper calf is the resilience of the sole. It doesn't bend. Notice how it's still parallel with the floor. Perfectly balanced after three years.
In my opinion Vass shoes are the best delivered shoes when it comes to balance. I've had similar experience (roughly three years) with C&J and G&G and Vass holds up better than both. Not to trash talk any other maker, but my Carminas was delivered with poorer balance than my three years used Vass. When considering the price point, Vass has no competition imo.post #9724 of 202672/17/14 at 11:37amQuote:
I did purchase them from Steve. Happy to take a pic but probably won't be until tomorrow.post #9725 of 202672/17/14 at 12:38pmpost #9726 of 202672/17/14 at 12:41pm
If I order a standard calf MTO shoe directly with the Budapest Store and want to pick it up in person while passing by on holiday, can I pay cash on delivery or must I wire my money at the point of order?
If for the former, what is the ballpark price will I be charged if I pay in cash (euros)? Will Mr. Vass be kind enough to remove the VAT in the shop or must I deal with a tax refund at the airport?
Thank you in advance for your advicepost #9727 of 202672/17/14 at 2:46pmpost #9728 of 202672/17/14 at 2:48pmpost #9729 of 202672/17/14 at 3:33pmpost #9730 of 202672/17/14 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Swede66
My two F-lasts are in different materials, one in suede and one in calf. The suede one is the larger one despite the fact that those are the one in F fit and the calf ones are in G.
I know a few other fellow Swedes sharing the experience that Vass in suede runs half a size larger for some reason.
As if sizing Vass wasn't hard enough. Were the suede shoes unlined? Can anyone else confirm this?post #9731 of 202672/17/14 at 4:32pm
A few semi-crappy pics of the austerity wing boot on the U last
What I really want to say is how absolutely fantastic the fit is for my first try with them.
For me, the heel cupping & arch support rival St Crispin.
That's saying a lot coming from me, as I'm unremorsefully one of Crispin's biggest fanboys
Even though the dark brown color of the Vass is a little 'flat', the leather itself is fantastic
and will hopefully take to a good burnishing on the toe. Fit pics to follow soon.post #9732 of 202672/17/14 at 5:03pmpost #9733 of 202672/17/14 at 5:27pmpost #9734 of 202672/17/14 at 5:30pmpost #9735 of 202672/17/14 at 9:15pmQuote:No, the suede shoes where not unlined.
Below a picture with the two F-lasts, both in size 41. Suede in standard width (F), calf in wide (G). Lacing fully closed on F-width and quite open in G-width.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...