or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 642

post #9616 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post

I think the P2 has a relatively low instep.

pretty sure it has a very high instep
post #9617 of 20262
Help me out guys. My 42.5 U is too tight in the toe box but the quarters almost completely close (coupla mils gap) and there's a tiny amount of heel slip. I'm looking at P2. Should I stick with 42.5?
post #9618 of 20262

p2 is low (lower i should say).  f and U are high.

post #9619 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Help me out guys. My 42.5 U is too tight in the toe box but the quarters almost completely close (coupla mils gap) and there's a tiny amount of heel slip. I'm looking at P2. Should I stick with 42.5?

wouldn't go up in width (standard F to wide G) solve that tightness?

post #9620 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzkeren View Post

wouldn't go up in width (standard F to wide G) solve that tightness?
Yeah for my next U I'll change width but P2 is wider at the toe and shorter, I'm just worried I'll be too high in the instep
post #9621 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzkeren View Post

wouldn't go up in width (standard F to wide G) solve that tightness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Yeah for my next U I'll change width but P2 is wider at the toe and shorter, I'm just worried I'll be too high in the instep
No experience from Vass, but other makers tend to increase the width of the heel too. Since there is already heel slippage, this might make the heel issue worse.

Maybe another last is more appropriate.
post #9622 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


No experience from Vass, but other makers tend to increase the width of the heel too. Since there is already heel slippage, this might make the heel issue worse.

Maybe another last is more appropriate.
If going for U again I'd drop to 42 and go up in width. That's for another day. At this point I'm only interested in relative instep height of P2 to U
post #9623 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

Next week:

F last? Great looking shoe!
post #9624 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Help me out guys. My 42.5 U is too tight in the toe box but the quarters almost completely close (coupla mils gap) and there's a tiny amount of heel slip. I'm looking at P2. Should I stick with 42.5?

U last isn't for u. How's the arch to heel fit?

I would go 42.
post #9625 of 20262
At risk of asking a question already answered, we know that U and F are high, but is U any higher than F, perchance?
post #9626 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post



U last isn't for u. How's the arch to heel fit?

I would go 42.
Arch to heel is pretty good. If the instep height is the same or lower I'd be OK
post #9627 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

At risk of asking a question already answered, we know that U and F are high, but is U any higher than F, perchance?

Nope. Essentially the same fit everywhere but the toe box.
post #9628 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

Which Vass last is best for a low instep?

New Peter (P2)
post #9629 of 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

New Peter (P2)
It depends on what you're measuring. In the bit over the toes, P2 is lower/flatter than most other lasts they offer. At the laces, however, it has much more room than F.
post #9630 of 20262

 

Finally was able to get some photos of Vass black oxfords on U last that I got some time ago. If you guys would be interested in seeing them in action, please have a look at my website tomorrow.

I am quite happy with the fit although it was not easy. As you know the U last is for high instep so you might find shoes either too long or to high. For me the 42 is almost perfect although you see that the quarters are closed. Smaller size was better in the instep but too short. This size is the best I can get.

Leather and finishing are both excellent. I am very happy with them. They are also very comfortable as for a first walk

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)