or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 639

post #9571 of 20221
good Vass here,
it one of me favourite shoe in rtw icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #9572 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

 

 

A briefcase that you can order from Vass in any colour and specifications you want

 

Hello terrorsquad,

 

May I ask

post #9573 of 20221
Yes, you may
post #9574 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

wowowowow, details! yours??

Yeah man. P2 last, whiskey shell. Got these in Antic Cognac at the same time:



post #9575 of 20221
Another Vass MTO question:

If I order a shoe with a "regular welt," will it turn out exactly like the shoe on the left?

As I understand, the shoe on the right has Goyser welt. But the type of Goyser stitching isn't all that I dislike about the shoe on the right. I don't like how much the welt sticks out from the leather uppers. (How close the welt is cut to the uppers)


2j4o8cw.jpg
post #9576 of 20221

Hi guys, I thought the interview I made with Mr Laszlo Vass would be of interest. Here is the link to my website, hope you find it interesting:

 

http://blueloafers.com/shoes-2/vass-great-hungarian-shoemaker-pl/

 

I will also be reviewing black plain oxford shoes I got from Vass in the near future. Will post pics also here

post #9577 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Another Vass MTO question:

If I order a shoe with a "regular welt," will it turn out exactly like the shoe on the left?

As I understand, the shoe on the right has Goyser welt. But the type of Goyser stitching isn't all that I dislike about the shoe on the right. I don't like how much the welt sticks out from the leather uppers. (How close the welt is cut to the uppers)


2j4o8cw.jpg

If you order a regular welt, you will indeed get a shoe like the one on the left. You can ask for the sole to be cut closer or further away from the welt, but from the picture it seems to be the standard edge width (even though the picture is quite unclear, the pictures in the blog post of Ammanati show it better).
post #9578 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

Hi guys, I thought the interview I made with Mr Laszlo Vass would be of interest. Here is the link to my website, hope you find it interesting:

http://blueloafers.com/shoes-2/vass-great-hungarian-shoemaker-pl/

I will also be reviewing black plain oxford shoes I got from Vass in the near future. Will post pics also here

Excellent review, I bookmarked your blog for future reference, great work!
post #9579 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notch View Post


Excellent review, I bookmarked your blog for future reference, great work!

Thank you very much Notch! Much appreciated. Look forward to seing you on my blog ;)

post #9580 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post


Yeah man. P2 last, whiskey shell. Got these in Antic Cognac at the same time:



 

Absolutely fantastic.

post #9581 of 20221

Thought you guys might like to read an interview with our own J.Inge - certified shoe guru - with some bonus Vass content:

 

http://www.keikari.com/english/interview-with-jesper-ingevaldsson-from-shoegazing/

post #9582 of 20221
Thanks RogP
post #9583 of 20221

Great interview! 

post #9584 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Absolutely fantastic.

Thanks man. P2 is the business. I'd love to try the budapest and banana, too.
post #9585 of 20221

Is the F last with g width from Vass comparable with any lasts from EG, GG or Church?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)