Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 12:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 613post #9181 of 1856212/31/13 at 5:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9182 of 1856212/31/13 at 6:13ampost #9183 of 1856212/31/13 at 7:00amsorry to rehash the same topic but what do I have to do to order a pair of Vass? I really want the Vass U-Cap (in the pic below). I don't know who posted this pic but that is one fine looking shoe. Was this a MTO?
how are payments made? what about sizing? I know nothing of Vass lasts. I wear a UK8 (at least I do on AS shoes) and a US9D on the Alden Hampton last. Would a EU42 work for my foot?post #9184 of 1856212/31/13 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by mebiuspower
Almost forgot... I got the Old English II, F-last, size 43.5 in Radical Brown and the Theresiau Boot in New Peter last in size 42.5 in Piglet Congac Scotchgrain. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Yes, I'd like to know more about this leather as well. And great photos. Thanks for sharing.post #9185 of 1856212/31/13 at 9:44ampost #9186 of 1856212/31/13 at 9:45ampost #9187 of 1856212/31/13 at 10:53ampost #9188 of 185621/1/14 at 2:23ampost #9189 of 185621/1/14 at 4:01ampost #9190 of 185621/1/14 at 4:40ampost #9191 of 185621/1/14 at 6:11ampost #9192 of 185621/1/14 at 7:06ampost #9193 of 185621/1/14 at 7:19amQuote:Originally Posted by gaseousclay
sorry to rehash the same topic but what do I have to do to order a pair of Vass? I really want the Vass U-Cap (in the pic below). I don't know who posted this pic but that is one fine looking shoe. Was this a MTO?
how are payments made? what about sizing? I know nothing of Vass lasts. I wear a UK8 (at least I do on AS shoes) and a US9D on the Alden Hampton last. Would a EU42 work for my foot?
I have a buying guide on my blog which answers all your questions: http://www.shoegazing.se/2012/10/05/kopguide-vass-shoes/
Just moved the blog to Wordpress, so this post looks a bit sloppy and some pics are missing unfortunately, hadn't had the time to fix that yet.Quote:
All my Vass crease on the cap, but I wouldn't call it an issue. Vass use short toe stiffeners, shorter than the external caps, that's why this happens. You have to keep those two things apart. A creasing toe stiffener is an issue, a creasing toe cap is not.post #9194 of 185621/1/14 at 7:44ampost #9195 of 185621/2/14 at 9:47amQuote:
I spoke with Rezso and the boots are the standard a deep cognac scotch grain...
Edited by stmaier - 1/3/14 at 5:14am
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › How do I obtain this fit? 9 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...