U last is very narrow. Standard F width is okay for me except instep girth need more room at 43F. But for U last, it's still very narrow after I size up half and go wide, 43.5G.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 8:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 6:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 599post #8971 of 2027611/24/13 at 3:51ampost #8972 of 2027611/24/13 at 6:33ampost #8973 of 2027611/24/13 at 7:49amQuote:
Seems to me that the U last has a straight line from the widest point to the toe tip, while the F last has a very gentle curve towards the tip.
So perhaps when we say the U last is narrow, we mean it is too narrow to accommodate the toes relative to the other parts of the foot? Someone else mentioned a toe break problem.post #8974 of 2027611/24/13 at 7:54ampost #8975 of 2027611/24/13 at 3:52pmpost #8976 of 2027611/24/13 at 5:47pmpost #8977 of 2027611/24/13 at 8:03pmpost #8978 of 2027611/25/13 at 8:24amSince we are comparing lasts, what lasts would have a wider instep/midfoot width than the F last? Recently got my first pair of F last and they fit very well everywhere except they are pretty snug around the laces but roomy in the toes. I'm thinking about ordering a norweger and wanted to know if I stick with the same size or need to go up .5 in the peter or p2. And I know someone will suggest going up a width, so I will mention that my F last are in H width which is the widest they can be made.
thankspost #8979 of 2027611/25/13 at 9:04amQuote:By way of comparison, I tried a standard F, and it fit almost well enough except that the instep was tight. I could get into it, but it could have used maybe 1cm more at the top of the laces, plus a bit more over the rest.Originally Posted by rc121
Since we are comparing lasts, what lasts would have a wider instep/midfoot width than the F last? Recently got my first pair of F last and they fit very well everywhere except they are pretty snug around the laces but roomy in the toes. I'm thinking about ordering a norweger and wanted to know if I stick with the same size or need to go up .5 in the peter or p2. And I know someone will suggest going up a width, so I will mention that my F last are in H width which is the widest they can be made.
Normally, I fit a P2 pretty well (good instep, decently roomy toe, if quite flat in between).
The 3636 has even a bit more room than that, and would be my first choice if uncomplicated comfort were the only criterion-- an oxford on that last fits as well on the laces as good London bespoke. The Norweger is one of the more attractive options for 3636. As on most others, of course. So maybe that would be one to try.post #8980 of 2027611/26/13 at 7:47amthanks for the info concordia.
Just wanted some opinions on what models you guys might think would help round out my small but growing shoe collection. Until getting my OEII in oxblood, I've been an AE guy (because of the availability of 3E fitting) and have a chocolate larchmont, chili grain mcclain and walnut strand. I've been thinking about doing some sort of derby (3 eyelet london or norweger) in either a scotch grain or museum calf (for the london). I don't wear suits for work, just slacks and a nice dress shirt so I don't want anything too dressy. Are there any other models I am missing that I should be considering?
Also, I currently don't have any non-leather soled shoes for inclement weather. What are vass's options? I have seen they don't like to do dainite.
thanks for the help, I'm having the hardest time making a decision with so many different options availablepost #8981 of 2027611/26/13 at 2:05pmpost #8982 of 2027611/26/13 at 2:10pmpost #8983 of 2027611/26/13 at 2:24pmpost #8984 of 2027611/26/13 at 6:06pmpost #8985 of 2027611/26/13 at 6:14pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1168 Active Users (153 Members and 1015 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 22 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 24 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 26 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...